PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   I think i got scammed (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=74998)

drizzo91 07-16-2009 02:42 PM

I think i got scammed

About a month ago i went into a local Sprint store. I had a broken touch pro (screen problems, but that is irrelevant). The two people in the store told me they aren't allowed to fix the touch pro and i would have to wait 3-5 days for my replacement to come in (free of charge, luckily). They explained to me that the phone would be a refurb and wouldn't come with any accessories or a battery. I understood the concept, but i wasn't sure how they already knew it would be a refurb, but i went with it anyways.

5 days later i went to get my phone (just the phone) and they reminded me that it was only a refurb model. Today i was poking around on PPC geeks and found out about ##778#. While i was in that menu, i found that my touch pro never actually was a refurb, which means they have all of the goodies that come with a NIB model.

These goodies are mine, right? I am entitled to a new battery and charger etc. if the NIB replacement was shipped to MY account, correct? I believe they are trying to sell MY accessories for a profit. What can i do to get my accessories? (i really need a new charger lol)

Edit-Mods: sorry if this is in the wrong place...

CoryNat 07-16-2009 02:46 PM

Re: I think i got scammed

I had to get a new one and they swapped out anything I wanted swapped but they would not give me anything as an extra. So I traded batteries to get the newer one. Honestly, I have gone in before and just asked to have a bad dongle traded and they were more than happy to do it for me. Maybe just take your charger in and ask for a swap.

HBOOT 07-16-2009 02:49 PM

There is a slight chance what you got was new but classified as a refurb, someone could have just sent it back.....anyway before making any assumptions just go and ask for accessories, they will hook u up.:mrgreen:

drizzo91 07-16-2009 02:51 PM

i plan to go into their store and try to get compensation. i only really need the charger, i have plenty of other accessories from other swaps and older phones. I just wanted to make sure that I was right before making a big deal about it.

Dr.8820 07-16-2009 02:53 PM

plus 1 hb. but the accessories are not a given, most people just get lucky.

kabuk1 07-16-2009 02:54 PM

That is policy, to just give you the phone, I highly doubt there were any nefarious intentions behind it. Just go back & see if they'll give you the charger. I was pretty pissed when they gave me my old battery back cause it fried out 3 days later, but I just went back & they gave me a new one, no hassle.

Mylt1 07-16-2009 02:56 PM

actually, NO you are not entitled to them. read your warranty paperwork and you will see "accessories" are not covered. but, a lot of people that have sprint say that if you need something all you have to do is go in and ask and most of the time they will hook you up.

darren.wlsn1 07-16-2009 03:03 PM

im at a sprint store now and your tp will not always show that its a refurb, depends on how it was returned. you can call sprint and see if the esn was used by someone else, if not, then you got scammed.

HBOOT 07-16-2009 03:21 PM

eitherway I suggest not making a bog deal coz folks at Sprint dont like big deals man..mosayin:scratch:...good luck:mrgreen:

PhantomApolyon 07-16-2009 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drizzo91 (Post 1039656)
About a month ago i went into a local Sprint store. I had a broken touch pro (screen problems, but that is irrelevant). The two people in the store told me they aren't allowed to fix the touch pro and i would have to wait 3-5 days for my replacement to come in (free of charge, luckily). They explained to me that the phone would be a refurb and wouldn't come with any accessories or a battery. I understood the concept, but i wasn't sure how they already knew it would be a refurb, but i went with it anyways.

5 days later i went to get my phone (just the phone) and they reminded me that it was only a refurb model. Today i was poking around on PPC geeks and found out about ##778#. While i was in that menu, i found that my touch pro never actually was a refurb, which means they have all of the goodies that come with a NIB model.

These goodies are mine, right? I am entitled to a new battery and charger etc. if the NIB replacement was shipped to MY account, correct? I believe they are trying to sell MY accessories for a profit. What can i do to get my accessories? (i really need a new charger lol)

Edit-Mods: sorry if this is in the wrong place...

Ok, I HAVE to chime in here before this turns into a mess for anyone involved. I'm a sprint repair store manager/lead technician for the record.

#1 - As mentioned previously accessories aren't covered so reguardless of what the store actually recieved you certainly are not "entitled" to anything extra.

#2 - If you work for a repair center you are TRAINED to not give the customer anything but the unit itself(some dont even like to give the battery doors) so the people who dealt with you were doing their job correctly(by the book)

#3 - The reason they would keep the extra stuff that came in with a phone is to help out service customers in the future. For example, if your phone is fine but you lost the battery door and had insurance, I'd just GIVE you a new battery door and call it a day, no paperwork, 5 second transaction, everyone wins.

#4 - There are 2 types of repair centers, corporate and indirect. They operate very differently in the respect that a corporate employee can only do what sprint will allow whereas a indirect employee may have different rules/regulations.

#5 - Exchange orders can come in to the stores in various ways. NIB phone, New Phone in Wrapper but not in the box, Refurb unit with or without battery, etc. There are times when I get a brand new unit and brand new battery door and nothing else.

#6 - The policy at my store(indirect) is that if the unit's original battery tests bad we would give you the replacement battery IF it came with one and battery door. If nicely requested by the customer a replacement charger wouldn't be out of the question by any means.

--Now having said all this, if you marched into MY store with an attitude and wanted the accessories that you were ENTITLED to(that you have no idea if the store even got in the first place), you would get nothing other than a breif explanation about how acessories aren't covered under warranty. If you walked in and simply inquired about getting a charger to go with your new unit, I would definitly just GIVE it to you with no questions asked especially if one really came in with the unit.