PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   I'm getting sick of the poor media quality. (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=74997)

lasteclispe 07-16-2009 02:40 PM

I'm getting sick of the poor media quality.

So yesterday I was going on a trip so wanted to put a few movies on my tp to watch on the way. almost every movie I added was unwatchable because of how laggy it was. steaming video from the internet is fine but when i add movies to the mem card they are way to laggy.

.mkv format is unwatchable.
.avi format is only watchable is the quality of the video is very low.

I have tried tcmp/coreplayer/wm mobile player/ vlc mobile with no luck.

The sad thing is I had a old 2gig memory card with some movies i use to watch on my old mogul and I tried to watch it on my TP and it was also unwatchable.

Is there a reason that the mogul is a better media phone than the touch pro?

ruthlessbeatle 07-16-2009 02:48 PM

Re: I'm getting sick of the poor media quality.

idk man i just watched grandmas boy using 6.5 and tmcp it was fine. maybe u need to convert them idk. i travel everyday and watch streaming news, tv, radio and i dont ever have a problem with it. what rom r u using?

TreyBeno 07-16-2009 02:58 PM

You need to use the mp4 format for perfect viewing with the stock Windows Media Player. Its as simple as that. There is a thread that will tell u exactly what u need. Check the link below:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=57282

darren.wlsn1 07-16-2009 03:09 PM

i just watched"the hangover"(again) on tp and used coreplayer and quality was perfect. sounds like your movie quality isnt good. i watch a flick almost every day at work and never had a issue except for the new flick "bruno" because it was cam quality. ill send you one of my movies to play on coreplayer if you wanna try one? pm me if you do.

jshell73 07-16-2009 03:13 PM

I mostly watch streaming youtube stuff and no problems at all.

Maybe it's the ROM? how's your memory looking when you start up media player?

jmorton10 07-16-2009 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TreyBeno (Post 1039711)
You need to use the mp4 format for perfect viewing with the stock Windows Media Player. Its as simple as that. There is a thread that will tell u exactly what u need. Check the link below:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=57282

exactly, just don't try to play them in that POS KinomaPlayer.

~John

apristel 07-16-2009 08:54 PM

I use Divx player to watch my movies.

Dr.8820 07-16-2009 08:56 PM

stock windows son!

lasteclispe 07-16-2009 09:41 PM

Ok some more info. I am using nfsfan's newest rom. I tried just about every rom and that one seems to be the fastest and most stable.

What I'm hearing from most of you is it playes fine is mp4 format and thats my issue. I watch DVD and HD quality movies so everything I have are in .AVI or .MKV format.

Is there a way to play dvd and above quality on my TP or will I have to downgrade everything to mp4 quality?

And some people were talking about streaming videos. I to can also watch streaming videos on my TP but choose not to because the quality of streaming video on any site is very bad. Even my slingbox has low quality on the Touch Pro.

Only time I have ever seen good streaming quailty on the TP is when I'm using the youtube app.

TreyBeno 07-16-2009 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lasteclispe (Post 1040755)
Ok some more info. I am using nfsfan's newest rom. I tried just about every rom and that one seems to be the fastest and most stable.

What I'm hearing from most of you is it playes fine is mp4 format and thats my issue. I watch DVD and HD quality movies so everything I have are in .AVI or .MKV format.

Is there a way to play dvd and above quality on my TP or will I have to downgrade everything to mp4 quality?

And some people were talking about streaming videos. I to can also watch streaming videos on my TP but choose not to because the quality of streaming video on any site is very bad. Even my slingbox has low quality on the Touch Pro.

Only time I have ever seen good streaming quailty on the TP is when I'm using the youtube app.

That might be the problem there. You have to remember that theses devices cant do DVD or HD quality just yet. So it doesnt matter how high the quality is. It will just be down converted to something that it can handle. The best and only true way to get high quality vid is to use mp4 and stock WMP. The reason being is that HTC paid Qualcomm for video acceleration only in the stock media players. Thats why youtube looks so good to u with the stock youtube player. WMP and HTC Album have the acceleration as well so they play mp4 flawlessly too. Its pretty much your only sure fire bet for high quality vid on the TP.