PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2009, 02:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: srpint

lasteclispe is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I'm getting sick of the poor media quality.

So yesterday I was going on a trip so wanted to put a few movies on my tp to watch on the way. almost every movie I added was unwatchable because of how laggy it was. steaming video from the internet is fine but when i add movies to the mem card they are way to laggy.

.mkv format is unwatchable.
.avi format is only watchable is the quality of the video is very low.

I have tried tcmp/coreplayer/wm mobile player/ vlc mobile with no luck.

The sad thing is I had a old 2gig memory card with some movies i use to watch on my old mogul and I tried to watch it on my TP and it was also unwatchable.

Is there a reason that the mogul is a better media phone than the touch pro?
Old 07-16-2009, 02:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: moto mpx 220>tmobile mda>6900 nfsfan 6.5>htc touch pro
Carrier: vzw

ruthlessbeatle is keeping up the good workruthlessbeatle is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to ruthlessbeatle
Re: I'm getting sick of the poor media quality.

idk man i just watched grandmas boy using 6.5 and tmcp it was fine. maybe u need to convert them idk. i travel everyday and watch streaming news, tv, radio and i dont ever have a problem with it. what rom r u using?
Old 07-16-2009, 02:58 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evolicious
Carrier: Sprint

TreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on rep

You need to use the mp4 format for perfect viewing with the stock Windows Media Player. Its as simple as that. There is a thread that will tell u exactly what u need. Check the link below:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=57282
Old 07-16-2009, 03:09 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

i just watched"the hangover"(again) on tp and used coreplayer and quality was perfect. sounds like your movie quality isnt good. i watch a flick almost every day at work and never had a issue except for the new flick "bruno" because it was cam quality. ill send you one of my movies to play on coreplayer if you wanna try one? pm me if you do.
Old 07-16-2009, 03:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: RAPH100

jshell73 is just getting started

I mostly watch streaming youtube stuff and no problems at all.

Maybe it's the ROM? how's your memory looking when you start up media player?
Old 07-16-2009, 03:13 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreyBeno View Post
You need to use the mp4 format for perfect viewing with the stock Windows Media Player. Its as simple as that. There is a thread that will tell u exactly what u need. Check the link below:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=57282
exactly, just don't try to play them in that POS KinomaPlayer.

~John
Old 07-16-2009, 08:54 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: S3/GN2/AXIOM/TP2/Hero/Moment/EVO
Carrier: *--USCC--*

apristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to apristel Send a message via Skype™ to apristel

I use Divx player to watch my movies.
Old 07-16-2009, 08:56 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

stock windows son!
Old 07-16-2009, 09:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: srpint
Threadstarter

lasteclispe is just getting started

Ok some more info. I am using nfsfan's newest rom. I tried just about every rom and that one seems to be the fastest and most stable.

What I'm hearing from most of you is it playes fine is mp4 format and thats my issue. I watch DVD and HD quality movies so everything I have are in .AVI or .MKV format.

Is there a way to play dvd and above quality on my TP or will I have to downgrade everything to mp4 quality?

And some people were talking about streaming videos. I to can also watch streaming videos on my TP but choose not to because the quality of streaming video on any site is very bad. Even my slingbox has low quality on the Touch Pro.

Only time I have ever seen good streaming quailty on the TP is when I'm using the youtube app.
Old 07-16-2009, 10:19 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evolicious

TreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lasteclispe View Post
Ok some more info. I am using nfsfan's newest rom. I tried just about every rom and that one seems to be the fastest and most stable.

What I'm hearing from most of you is it playes fine is mp4 format and thats my issue. I watch DVD and HD quality movies so everything I have are in .AVI or .MKV format.

Is there a way to play dvd and above quality on my TP or will I have to downgrade everything to mp4 quality?

And some people were talking about streaming videos. I to can also watch streaming videos on my TP but choose not to because the quality of streaming video on any site is very bad. Even my slingbox has low quality on the Touch Pro.

Only time I have ever seen good streaming quailty on the TP is when I'm using the youtube app.
That might be the problem there. You have to remember that theses devices cant do DVD or HD quality just yet. So it doesnt matter how high the quality is. It will just be down converted to something that it can handle. The best and only true way to get high quality vid is to use mp4 and stock WMP. The reason being is that HTC paid Qualcomm for video acceleration only in the stock media players. Thats why youtube looks so good to u with the stock youtube player. WMP and HTC Album have the acceleration as well so they play mp4 flawlessly too. Its pretty much your only sure fire bet for high quality vid on the TP.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro