PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2009, 10:46 AM
Hercules Valvalotus
Pocket PC: Nokia N900 as my tablet Tmo G2 for my phone
Carrier: T-mobile & Google Voice

TheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to TheRealHotshot Send a message via MSN to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Yahoo to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Skype™ to TheRealHotshot
Exclamation Re: Question about Touch pro 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jc8320 View Post
you guys think sero ppl are screwed in upgrading phones? It seems like to get the pre, or the touch pro 2 we'll have to give up our contracts. You guys willing to drop sero?
Doubt you have to have the SEP to get the tp2 only two phones out you have to have the SEP and you named one.

*formerly known as Not_A_Stain*

GOOGLE WAVE USER
Old 07-17-2009, 10:51 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

jc8320 is a n00b
Re: Question about Touch pro 2.

i believe the other one is the instinct. What do i win!?
Old 07-17-2009, 10:52 AM
Hercules Valvalotus

TheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to TheRealHotshot Send a message via MSN to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Yahoo to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Skype™ to TheRealHotshot
Lightbulb Re: Question about Touch pro 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
i highly doubt the TP is at "End of life" it took the mogul 3yrs to reach EOL, and it sold a significant more amount of phones than TP did.. MOgul was Phone of the Year in 08 i think? probably 07 though... TP being EOL is just not even considerable....especially since you can get NIBs still...

If a phone is at "End of LIfe" that means the carriers dont even sell it anymore.. TPs are still quite buyable at any carriers store front...
-----------------------------------------------------------------

i usually dont get into these rumor threads but.... My buddys new GF is a sales rep for VZW.. shes the one that makes presentations to buisnesses and clients to get them to bring their entire compnaies over to VZW.. i asked her last night about the TP2... she says VZW is looking at NOV for their release date... since VZW usually waits till after other carriers, ATT and Sprint, to get theirs my guess is we could expect some a month or so sooner than that for ATT, Telus, and Sprint...

she also said, its up in the air still if VZW will even carry the TP2, since VZW really wants to focus on the Omnia II and the Omnia Pro instead that are coming shorty as well...

just my 2cents
My 2cents is that the diamond and tp is reaching EOL this aint 2004 when most phones had 2 or more years before EOL most EOL are kinda fast since phones drop over seas 1st so maybe just maybe sprint is going by the euro EOL and not when they phone drops with us EOL. And sprint can EOL any phone they won't don't mean they won't SALE the rest of there stock of that phone. So you telling me sprint EOL tp right now and they have 10,000 phone in stock just cause it EOL they not gonna sell me? Ha you would be quite amazed that they will just my 2 cents
Old 07-17-2009, 10:57 AM
Hercules Valvalotus

Thumbs up Re: Question about Touch pro 2.

Quote:
i believe the other one is the instinct. What do i win!?
Ding Ding you are a winner! And not a big secret but reason they made them phones SEP is for the data the phone could use which is a lot if your running live apps all the time it was a safety net so ppl wouldn't go over data if they didn't have it added on there plans. Bottomline is so whoever buys the phone can use most of its "features" of the phone. And what do you win ummm I have half an chicken pot pie! Only used the spoon twice I promise
Old 07-17-2009, 11:00 AM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10
Carrier: Sprint

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealHotshot View Post
My 2cents is that the diamond and tp is reaching EOL this aint 2004 when most phones had 2 or more years before EOL most EOL are kinda fast since phones drop over seas 1st so maybe just maybe sprint is going by the euro EOL and not when they phone drops with us EOL. And sprint can EOL any phone they won't don't mean they won't SALE the rest of there stock of that phone. So you telling me sprint EOL tp right now and they have 10,000 phone in stock just cause it EOL they not gonna sell me? Ha you would be quite amazed that they will just my 2 cents
i know we all get into our replies/posts and misspell and make poor grammatical errors... but, uh, what?!?!?!? lol

EOL means the carriers no longer officailly carry the product, its not available on the website and you can only get the remaining ones as replacements... the TP1 isnt even discontinued yet....

so maybe reread my post above where i disagree with the poster about the TPs "EOL" status... i even said you can still buy these anywhere..
Old 07-17-2009, 11:06 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

jc8320 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealHotshot View Post
Ding Ding you are a winner! And not a big secret but reason they made them phones SEP is for the data the phone could use which is a lot if your running live apps all the time it was a safety net so ppl wouldn't go over data if they didn't have it added on there plans. Bottomline is so whoever buys the phone can use most of its "features" of the phone. And what do you win ummm I have half an chicken pot pie! Only used the spoon twice I promise
keep the pot pie. i'll take the spoon.. forgot to bring one to work today.

So there is hope that one w/ sero can upgrade to tp2?
Old 07-17-2009, 11:09 AM
Jedi Master
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

Darkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
you guys think sero ppl are screwed in upgrading phones? It seems like to get the pre, or the touch pro 2 we'll have to give up our contracts. You guys willing to drop sero?
One person made a good point on another thread, that the TP2 probably won't follow the route of the Palm Pre, where you were forced to upgrade to a certain plan. Since the Pre was a exclusive phone to Sprint, Sprint had the power to dictate the necessary plan. Since almost every carrier has the TP2, Sprint at most may just require a plan with data, or just go along the same route as the TP. Who knows for sure though.
Old 07-17-2009, 11:10 AM
Hercules Valvalotus

Thumbs down Re: Question about Touch pro 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
i know we all get into our replies/posts and misspell and make poor grammatical errors... but, uh, what?!?!?!? lol

EOL means the carriers no longer officailly carry the product, its not available on the website and you can only get the remaining ones as replacements... the TP1 isnt even discontinued yet....

so maybe reread my post above where i disagree with the poster about the TPs "EOL" status... i even said you can still buy these anywhere..
And maybe your to slow to understand just cause its EOL don't mean sprint won't have the phone or able to sale it cause its in stock. Dude mogul BEEN EOL and if you need an replacement and want that phone and they have it in any warehouse you get it period might have to put up a fuss but you can get it. Simple math EOL+still have the phone=you can still get the phone...its ok tho bro its early you didn't read my post right so I forgive you(this time) and oh yea -1 for trying to be a grammer police this is an open forum not Corporate America buddy no one getting a check or gold star for spelling every word right and -2 for you saying you couldn't understand my post but replied that was err stupid usually ppl who don't understand things don't reply hahaha good day ole chap cheer! (Hands papers you just been SERVED)
Old 07-17-2009, 11:18 AM
Jedi Master
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

Darkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Note to self, ban EOL talk from the dinner table to avoid arguments.
Old 07-17-2009, 11:20 AM
Hercules Valvalotus

Thumbs up Re: Question about Touch pro 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkjedi007 View Post
Note to self, ban EOL talk from the dinner table to avoid arguments.
+1 for that brethren I know that's real!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro