PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2009, 11:06 PM
Hercules Valvalotus
Pocket PC: Nokia N900 as my tablet Tmo G2 for my phone
Carrier: T-mobile & Google Voice

TheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to TheRealHotshot Send a message via MSN to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Yahoo to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Skype™ to TheRealHotshot
Re: Question about Touch pro 2.

if its coming out aug 15th than evp will be letting us know soon(well for everyone who has evpdiscount) we shall see with the weeks to come

*formerly known as Not_A_Stain*

GOOGLE WAVE USER
Old 07-16-2009, 11:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: evo 3d
Carrier: sprint

duck9191 is becoming a great contributor

shouldn't be long now, the tp is at EOL so it needs a replacement. just keep waiting patiently lol.

Evo 3d
Evo
touch pro 2
Old 07-16-2009, 11:19 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

dodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIP

but there really isnt anything special for the tp2 hardware wise besides a bigger screen and a bigger battery which having a bigger screen could make it almost the same as our battery life span.. its only worth upgrading if you can through contracts and whata not but buying full price i dont think will be worth the 600 dollars because thats how much my tp was 626 full price but that was my decsion for not renewing my contract so the tp2 will proably be 599 just like the tp was
Old 07-16-2009, 11:41 PM
Hercules Valvalotus

TheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to TheRealHotshot Send a message via MSN to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Yahoo to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Skype™ to TheRealHotshot

Well for ME the bigger screen,better keyboard,and better tf3d is well enough for me to drop $600 on this phone without batting an eye that's just me tho
Old 07-17-2009, 01:38 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC
Carrier: Vod

BioTecK is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by twistedfish View Post
I just looked at HTC's website (for Europe) and the specs for the Touch Pro 2 don't seem to include a headphone jack.

Connectivity Bluetooth® 2.1 with Enhanced Data Rate and A2DP for wireless stereo headsets
Wi-Fi®: IEEE 802.11 b/g
HTC ExtUSB™ (11-pin mini-USB 2.0, audio jack, and TV Out* in one)

I can only hope!! I hate Bluetooth and I hate carrying the stupid dongle with me everywhere!! I would love to be able to buy a cheap headset and leave them in my car and office and never have to worry about that thing, or maybe even be able to buy one on the go if my craps out!!

Here is to hoping!! I guess we will know when it happens LOL
I have a TP2 for about a month and I got to say: It's a great phone! The best I've had in years..

Anyway, like twistedfish mentioned the TP2 got only a mini usb slot and doesn't have a headphone jack slot...
But I can live without it as the phone is a great one!
Old 07-17-2009, 09:54 AM
Jedi Master
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

Darkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BioTecK View Post
I have a TP2 for about a month and I got to say: It's a great phone! The best I've had in years..

Anyway, like twistedfish mentioned the TP2 got only a mini usb slot and doesn't have a headphone jack slot...
But I can live without it as the phone is a great one!
The GSM versions can sometimes be different from the CDMA version. There's a Telus version floating around with a 3.5mm.
Old 07-17-2009, 10:00 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

Josedogg54 is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to Josedogg54

The Telus Touch Pro 2 has a 3.5mm headphone jack check it out in the video.

http://www.youtube.com/user/MobileSy.../0/MR60F8bd5Z8
Old 07-17-2009, 10:22 AM
Hercules Valvalotus

U.S. Cellular rebate sheet showed they are getting the tp2 the rebate is valid from 7/12/09-11/12/09 U.S. Celluar is CDMA as well this is also a good sign for us carriers! And to Darkjedi007 yes the sprint tp2 is still a worldphone able to use over seas bro no worries there that was one of the selling points of the sprint tp2 to power/business users on the go being able to take your tp2 over seas and roam off other CDMA networks(don't think that's free) but still nice to have just in case
Old 07-17-2009, 10:35 AM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

Quote:
Originally Posted by duck9191 View Post
shouldn't be long now, the tp is at EOL so it needs a replacement. just keep waiting patiently lol.
i highly doubt the TP is at "End of life" it took the mogul 3yrs to reach EOL, and it sold a significant more amount of phones than TP did.. MOgul was Phone of the Year in 08 i think? probably 07 though... TP being EOL is just not even considerable....especially since you can get NIBs still...

If a phone is at "End of LIfe" that means the carriers dont even sell it anymore.. TPs are still quite buyable at any carriers store front...
-----------------------------------------------------------------

i usually dont get into these rumor threads but.... My buddys new GF is a sales rep for VZW.. shes the one that makes presentations to buisnesses and clients to get them to bring their entire compnaies over to VZW.. i asked her last night about the TP2... she says VZW is looking at NOV for their release date... since VZW usually waits till after other carriers, ATT and Sprint, to get theirs my guess is we could expect some a month or so sooner than that for ATT, Telus, and Sprint...

she also said, its up in the air still if VZW will even carry the TP2, since VZW really wants to focus on the Omnia II and the Omnia Pro instead that are coming shorty as well...

just my 2cents
Old 07-17-2009, 10:44 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

jc8320 is a n00b

you guys think sero ppl are screwed in upgrading phones? It seems like to get the pre, or the touch pro 2 we'll have to give up our contracts. You guys willing to drop sero?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro