PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2009, 01:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

featips is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Need a fast, reliable and not necessarily fancy ROM

Hello,

I am a user of Sprint Touch Pro. Now I am using MightyMike ROM 5. It works nicely.

From this forum, I see there are several alternative ROMS, and also lots of discussions about which is the 'best'. It is no surprise that people concluded that 'there is no best'.

So, here I will not ask for which is the best (I also don't believe there is such one.). I just need to find a 'nice' one for my own purpose. Since I don't have time to try all of those available ROMS, I hope get some suggestions from you guys.

There is a nice post which compares these ROMs, but not much information helpful.

I just need a simple, fast, and reliable ROM, and my requirements are:
(1) Touch operation shall be very smooth, no lag
(2) I don't use too much multimedia functions, just occasinally use youtube
(3) I use internet browser a lot, browsing some website such as Bloomberg and Wallstreet journal.
(4) I install both Garmin and Tomtom GPS on my phone.

So, according my requirements, can you tell me any suggestion which ROM 'may' be most suitable? Thanks a lot.
Old 07-12-2009, 01:49 PM
Just a NooB
Pocket PC: ZoOm ZoOm EVO Time

Sporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Need a fast, reliable and not necessarily fancy ROM

Quote:
So, according my requirements, can you tell me any suggestion which ROM 'may' be most suitable? Thanks a lot.
i would say

SEARCH THE FREAKING ROM TOPICS

sorry not meaning to be rude but these type post pop up just about daily

test drive a few roms see what YOU like best

Ps this should be here

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-12-2009, 02:07 PM
The Trend Setter
Pocket PC: Touch Pro ....
Carrier: Me

jakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by featips View Post
Hello,

I am a user of Sprint Touch Pro. Now I am using MightyMike ROM 5. It works nicely.

From this forum, I see there are several alternative ROMS, and also lots of discussions about which is the 'best'. It is no surprise that people concluded that 'there is no best'.

So, here I will not ask for which is the best (I also don't believe there is such one.). I just need to find a 'nice' one for my own purpose. Since I don't have time to try all of those available ROMS, I hope get some suggestions from you guys.

There is a nice post which compares these ROMs, but not much information helpful.

(3) I use internet browser a lot, browsing some website such as Bloomberg and Wallstreet journal.

search JD or DCD between one of us you may find what you are wanting
Old 07-12-2009, 02:09 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Juggs is in the MOMENT

Yay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by featips View Post
Hello,

are you looking for a 6.1 or 6.5 rom? i have had great success with my 6.1 builds until i stopped releasing them...i am currently working on a new 6.5 project that will rival my 6.1 releases.

This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 07-12-2009, 04:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Ok, I plan to test some ROMs now. However, I can not see a systemmatic list of ROMs in this forum. There are lots of posts about ROM releases, how can I know whether it is 'widely used/recognized' ROM or not? (I just want to test widely tested ROMs) Why there is no a sticky post to list all popular ROMS which shall be very convenient for newcomers.

Here is a list of ROMs:
http://sites.google.com/site/ppcgeek...om-information
Are those listed ROMs widely used?

Or, any one can recommend a list 'brand names' of reputed ROMs for my test?

Thanks a lot.
Old 07-12-2009, 04:29 PM
Threadstarter
Pocket PC: HTC Rhodium 400

t0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to t0mmyr

allow me to modify my list with a little detail after reading your last post, these are roms i would recommend

juicy 8, wm6.5 very up to date and clean professional looking rom, not much multimedia built in but im sure youtube and opera are built in a quick

psyki 3, wm6.1 very smooth eye candy filled rom (my personal favorite), very stable, odd but great memory management, good battery life

energy rom, wm6.5 very eye candy filled, smooth customized rom, a couple versions to choose from depending what home shell u prefer and which dialer u want

dcd rom, wm6.5 very clean basic rom, has no shell installed so you'll have to install one or use titanium (i cant recall if its included), very fast but again very basic

those are my top 4, try them out, id like to hear which you like the best, #2 and #3 are loaded with stuff, #3 more so but im sticking with psyki rom cuz its been real stable the past 2 months

Last edited by t0mmyr; 07-12-2009 at 04:40 PM.
Old 07-12-2009, 04:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by t0mmyr View Post
allow me to modify my list with a little detail after reading your last post, these are roms i would recommend

juicy 8, wm6.5 very up to date and clean professional looking rom, not much multimedia built in but im sure youtube and opera are built in a quick

psyki 3, wm6.1 very smooth eye candy filled rom (my personal favorite), very stable, odd but great memory management, good battery life

energy rom, wm6.5 very eye candy filled, smooth customized rom, a couple versions to choose from depending what home shell u prefer and which dialer u want

dcd rom, wm6.5 very clean basic rom, has no shell installed so you'll have to install one or use titanium (i cant recall if its included), very fast but again very basic

those are my top 4, try them out, id like to hear which you like the best, #2 and #3 are loaded with stuff, #3 more so but im sticking with psyki rom cuz its been real stable the past 2 months
T0mmyr, thank you soooooo....much, this is what I need.
Old 07-12-2009, 04:51 PM
Just a NooB
Pocket PC: ZoOm ZoOm EVO Time

Sporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on rep

so you want some to flash and test them for you too :P

since they did the work listing them
Old 07-12-2009, 04:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sporkman View Post
so you want some to flash and test them for you too :P

since they did the work listing them
I think lots of people here already tested some, and the information of their own top choices are very helpful for others.

I don't want to test every released ROM, just want to select from ROMs with relative 'good reputation'.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 07-12-2009, 04:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I often see people ask what is best ROM, and they always got 'routine' answer: 'no best, try yourself.'

Yes, definitely we need to test by ourselves, but other's input may save us time, avoiding waste of time.

For example, if you arrive at a new city, and you may ask your friend there which resterant is the best. Everyone know food preference is different for different people, but you still ask your friend, why? You want to make use of other's experience, then make your own decision.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro