PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2009, 07:48 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: TP2, LG Optimus S and EVO 4G LTE
Carrier: @SPRINT.COM

mikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Smart??? Sprint REP?? Broke my phone

Well to say the least I am a little p*ssed off at the wonderful sprint rep who broke my phone......

Ok, well I just received my replacement TP from sprint yesterday, I activated it and let it charge all night without even looking at the phone. Today I get a text message and try to reply. Bad choice........ I notice on this refurb phone the slideout keyboard was REALLY hard to slide so I take a close look and notice a little black rubber piece sticking out from under the volume keys when the keyboard is slid out. So on my way home from work I stop at a local sprint store to see what this piece is and how it got there. The rep grabs my phone and I show him what I am talking about. And so you know this isn't a repair store its only a store to sell phones, but it is corporate store..... The guy says I'll be back and runs to the back. Well I peak around the corner where he went and he has a pair of NEEDLE NOSE PLIERS in his hands. I am thinking what the H*LL is this moron doing I could do that. He proceeds to run out of the back room and hands me my phone and says "All is good now, I just PULLED that piece off your phone and it works fine now." And I tell him "What did you do with those pliers, and let me see this rubber piece." He gives me the piece (I have attached a pic to show you) and tells me he got it out. I ask him is this ok since I don't think HTC would just throw some rubber piece in the phone for no reason, considering they nickel and dime everybody for everything. He said "OH, don't worry about it it works now, see????" Well the keyboard does slide out now fine but when it is slid out it (the screen) is now at a tilt. So now when my keyboard is sliding out it doesn't stop at the rubber piece it goes until it hits metal. So now I am p*ssed, and just want to throw this phone at the next UGLY FACE I see, lol.

What should I do.... Should I call sprint AGAIN and tell them one of their reps f*cked up my phone, so they should send me a new one. Or wait and take it to a repair center and wait again for at least an hour to get my phone fixed. The repair center wouldn't be a problem except its 30 miles there and 30 miles back. I have TEP but I don't see why I should go out of my way to fix something the STORE REP did to my phone. Should I just keep calling and requesting I get a new phone. Please help guys/gals
your mumma's wear dirty g-strings to work, nuketown is buckin hell sick, show some love you hamburger's. double up bubble up. peace out. p.s nuketown is the shiznit, like your mumma's beef strogganoff.
Old 07-15-2009, 07:51 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
Re: Smart??? Sprint REP?? Broke my phone

got a shorter version? if not ill bookmark for bedtime.
Old 07-15-2009, 07:53 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

mikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

lol ya tell me about it this sux!!!!
Old 07-15-2009, 07:59 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: S3/GN2/AXIOM/TP2/Hero/Moment/EVO
Carrier: *--USCC--*

apristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to apristel Send a message via Skype™ to apristel

I'd go back and talk to the manager of the shop where it was broke, explain the story, then commence fit throwing.
Old 07-15-2009, 08:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

pastafarian is keeping up the good workpastafarian is keeping up the good workpastafarian is keeping up the good work

First, you shouldn't have left the store till you saw a manager. You also should have got the putz to write down that HE did the repair (I hope you at least have his name!). Since it doesn't appear that you did those things, I would call Sprint support and raise bloody hell! Not only do you want a replacement expressed to you, but you want some other consideration ($$$ off bill, accessory. etc) for your trouble. The store rep is not qualified to repair a phone and in no way should have a needle nose pliers much less used one! Remember, you're mad as hell and you're not going to take it anymore. Go get 'em and good luck!
Old 07-15-2009, 08:03 PM
Just a NooB
Pocket PC: ZoOm ZoOm EVO Time

Sporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
got a shorter version? if not ill bookmark for bedtime.

was not needed as all

OP if the store wont help you try this

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...5&postcount=10

Last edited by Sporkman; 07-15-2009 at 08:10 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-15-2009, 08:25 PM
domo arigato mr roboto
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment
Carrier: Sprint since Feb 11, 2002

elephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

sound like he modified your phone and made it a Touch Pro 2!
Old 07-15-2009, 08:46 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: PPC6800, Touch Pro, Touch Pro2, Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

gary76usmc is a n00b

Well, like pastafarian said....you should've talked to a manager while you were still in the store after that moron took needle nosed pliers to your TP. I would go back to the store ASAP, talk to the manager, explain what happened, and like one of the other posters suggested......raise bloody hell!! Good luck, whatever you decide to do.
Old 07-15-2009, 09:14 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sporkman View Post
was not needed as all

OP if the store wont help you try this

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...5&postcount=10

Will this work..... I got my replace/refurb Monday night and activated the phone Yesterday.

Oh, by the way guys I did ask for the manager when I was there the first time and he wasn't in the store. When I went back and asked for the manager they said he wouldn't be in today. So they just gave me a card with the manager name but no number on it and when I told him I was not going to drive to the repair center because I could have/should have done that in the firstplace. He (store rep) got mad he asked what I was doing I said I am calling sprint from inside the store and he asked for my number.....again. So I gave it to him and walked out of the store....when sprint answered I asked what that guy put on my account and they told me they put a hold on my phone for damage beyond repair. What an A HOLE!!!! Damage???? Really, ya by a store rep!!
Old 07-15-2009, 09:26 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2

frazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Use the self service repair solution thing where they will mail you a replacement phone and save yourself the drive...

The only problem is you will have to wait until 30 days after you activated the replacement on your account.
Free Disposable Email: MyTrashMail

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro