PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2009, 08:51 AM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: everybody talks about there touch pro problems why cant i?

I just received my first ever sprint replacement yesterday. So far so good... My issue was with the radio. When the weatherpanel server went down, the phone data was always on and at the time I was tethering and the radio got hotter than I had ever seen. Anyways I was unable to receive my 1x notifications after that session. No text messages and no incomming calls. So far so good with the new one... I was quite impressed with the service I received from sprint, just sorta unhappy about receiving a refurb for my 2 month old touch pro though...

Old 07-16-2009, 10:31 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC T7380
Carrier: Sprint

Mutiny32 knows their stuffMutiny32 knows their stuffMutiny32 knows their stuffMutiny32 knows their stuffMutiny32 knows their stuffMutiny32 knows their stuff
Send a message via ICQ to Mutiny32 Send a message via AIM to Mutiny32 Send a message via MSN to Mutiny32 Send a message via Skype™ to Mutiny32

I just got my HW Rev 0002 refurb on Sunday. They just gave me the phone, no box. I was fine with that, as everything else was OK. I DID think it was odd that the HW Revision was 0002 being originally manufactured on 23 Feb 2009, I thought that HTC had switched to a new HW Rev that made the bottom touchpad/buttons more flush with the screen.

While the phone works great, I'm a little worried about the gap between the screen/button pad and the chrome on the right side of the device. Also the touchpad is crooked and is raised above the screen on the left, sunken on the right. I know the fix is just to press down on it to set the double-faced tape but I would have thought a refurb would have that corrected already since HTC acknowledged it was a manufacturing flaw and tweaked it.

I'm just kinda leery on the gaps between the screen/touchpad, as we all know how durable the chrome casing is and it is already filling with grime.

I'll give it another week to see if it all falls into place before I take it back and ask for NEW TP. Luckily I'm friends with all the guys at my local Sprint Store and the tech said he would get me a new TP if I had any issues with this one.

But for now, the TP has been the most durable HTC device I've owned. My complaint is that flaws on this phone should be taken care of considering the price. Oh, that and the lack of ANY firmware update from Sprint to address the issues in their shipped ROM like the IMAP problem, the picturemail patch, and most of all, the severe heat issue with the stock radio.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-16-2009, 10:44 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Verizon

Elite Precision is keeping up the good workElite Precision is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by brushrop03 View Post
Ditto. My refurb is better than my original lol
just speaking from my own experience - on 3rd tp now. there are always exceptions, not to mention sprint has been pretty good about replacing them.
Old 07-16-2009, 10:51 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Verizon

Elite Precision is keeping up the good workElite Precision is keeping up the good work

same hardware issues as above on my current replacement, also the top sliding panel is a bit loose, gonna see how it goes for a couple of weeks before taking it back.
Old 07-16-2009, 01:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

triggerman53 is keeping up the good worktriggerman53 is keeping up the good work

Im on my 4TH Pro now and its the worst of them all.I took it out of box and pulled the stylus out and there was a wire showing then I noticed the lower left side of the screen was coming out.Im so tired of replacing them I gave it to my wife and activated my Diamond.
Old 07-16-2009, 01:20 PM
Just a NooB
Pocket PC: ZoOm ZoOm EVO Time

Sporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on rep

just talked to retentions and another lady that higher than retentions ( not sure the exact name

but i was on the phone for an hour plus ..... FOR NOTHING basicly i was told its another TP or NOTHING

SO LONG SPRINT IM TAKING MY 5 phones and moving on
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-16-2009, 10:22 PM
Super Senior VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 6p
Carrier: Att StraightTalk
Threadstarter

psycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to psycho_maniac Send a message via Skype™ to psycho_maniac

heres what the phone came like right from the mail box. look by the chrome
Old 07-17-2009, 08:53 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: TP2, LG Optimus S and EVO 4G LTE
Carrier: @SPRINT.COM

mikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
ok, wheres the picture?
Here is mine, lol got another refurb today 1st TP New (Left) 2nd Refurb (Middle) 3rd Refurb not activated yet (Right)

Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho_maniac View Post
heres what the phone came like right from the mail box. look by the chrome

Man got my refurb today and I have the same problem, except mine is on the bottom of the phone, part of the scroll wheel
your mumma's wear dirty g-strings to work, nuketown is buckin hell sick, show some love you hamburger's. double up bubble up. peace out. p.s nuketown is the shiznit, like your mumma's beef strogganoff.
Old 07-17-2009, 09:53 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

FelonyInc is a n00b

Still on #1.....Couple of big drops but still going strong
Old 07-17-2009, 10:18 PM
Gatornator
Pocket PC: Palm Pre /3 EVO 4G's/1 moPho!

gator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

My refurb sucked to high heaven. It looked as if no one at the factory even touched it. I think there was spit still on the d-pad from the other owner using it. It smelled pretty bad. I bioched to retentions and got a brand new one (free) and got to keep the refurb pretty much for my troubles.

Psycho maniac.....Man that's a bummer. I wouldn't put up with that.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro