PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2009, 09:49 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: iPhone
Carrier: At&t

dbord_n is keeping up the good workdbord_n is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thumbs down RevA speed????

ok so we have had rev a in my city for just a few months now and i have not noticed any real difference in speed over the old evdo!!! my speeds from my phone usally run 700-800 down load, and when it is tethered to my laptop which i read is the best way to messure the speed it is 500-600 download and like 50-60 upload. am i not supposed to be seeing spikes of up to like 2.5 mb download and 250 kb upload!!! i have never seen it that fast and i check my speed all over town. can you just make it show revA on the phone but still just have evdo speeds?????

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-15-2009, 10:13 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Evo Shift
Carrier: Sprint SEP 4G

elmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to elmerfudpucker
Re: RevA speed????

Somebody correct me if I am wrong, but are they not the same thing???
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
Old 07-15-2009, 10:19 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: iPhone
Carrier: At&t
Threadstarter

dbord_n is keeping up the good workdbord_n is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmerfudpucker View Post
Somebody correct me if I am wrong, but are they not the same thing???

lol you are correct sir, i ment to put rev-O not evdo lol had a brain fart!!!
Old 07-15-2009, 10:23 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Evo Shift
Carrier: Sprint SEP 4G

elmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to elmerfudpucker

I thought so, I was like crap, I have been here for about a year now and I missed this????
Old 07-15-2009, 10:53 AM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbord_n View Post
ok so we have had rev a in my city for just a few months now and i have not noticed any real difference in speed over the old evdo!!! my speeds from my phone usally run 700-800 down load, and when it is tethered to my laptop which i read is the best way to messure the speed it is 500-600 download and like 50-60 upload. am i not supposed to be seeing spikes of up to like 2.5 mb download and 250 kb upload!!! i have never seen it that fast and i check my speed all over town. can you just make it show revA on the phone but still just have evdo speeds?????
ON the phone i don't believe there is a way to seperate rev a from regular evdo. The phone will show EV regardless and use which ever signal is available.
Old 07-15-2009, 10:57 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: PPC6800, Touch Pro, Touch Pro2, Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

gary76usmc is a n00b

On the custom dcd ROM I am running it now shows rA for EVDO revision A, I wasn't sure what that meant until I looked up the icon in the device manual. As far as speed is concerned, I haven't noticed any difference between the regular EVDO or the Rev. A.
Old 07-15-2009, 11:32 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

digiblur is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardigiblur is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardigiblur is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardigiblur is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I never noticed any difference in RevA on Alltel... when I go to a Sprint area with RevA it is night and day difference on their RevA.
Old 07-15-2009, 11:45 AM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary76usmc View Post
On the custom dcd ROM I am running it now shows rA for EVDO revision A, I wasn't sure what that meant until I looked up the icon in the device manual. As far as speed is concerned, I haven't noticed any difference between the regular EVDO or the Rev. A.
Quote:
Originally Posted by digiblur View Post
I never noticed any difference in RevA on Alltel... when I go to a Sprint area with RevA it is night and day difference on their RevA.
oh ok my bad then. All the taskbars i've used have never seperated evdo from evdo reva. I think i might look into a different taskbar then the towsend3.14. Any recommendations?
Old 07-15-2009, 01:41 PM
N00b

gary76usmc is a n00b

I have never installed just a seperate taskbar, so I can't be of any help there. The latest stock Alltel ROM is the first time I noticed the rA icon in the taskbar. Then when I flashed to dcd's newest, I noticed the rA (Rev. A) icon is still in the taskbar. This is probably a stupid question, but have you done the *228 send option 1 & then option 2, recently since the Alltel/Verizon merger?
Old 07-15-2009, 01:42 PM
N00b

gary76usmc is a n00b

Oh yeah, you also might want to check your radio version.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro