PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2009, 10:28 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

kabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to kabuk1 Send a message via Yahoo to kabuk1
So... how come I can't turn my screen off while listening to music anymore?

I don't know why, but all of a sudden I can't turn off my screen while playing music anymore, and my TP no longer goes into sleep mode during playback. It just stays on. I have always been able to just hit the power button with no problems in the past. Coreplayer stops playing till I turn the screen back on, TF3D player stops as well, as does every other player I have tried. Nitrogen, TCPMP, Pocketplayer, etc. Anyone have any ideas why this is happening? I'm running Mighty 4.16 & using the stock adapter & sometimes the stock headphones. This problem just popped up recently. I did search before posting this & found a bit of info, but no resolutions.

kabuk1's battery life tips ~ TamsPPC
Old 07-15-2009, 10:33 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro & Palm Pre
Carrier: Sprint

Machinehead knows their stuffMachinehead knows their stuffMachinehead knows their stuffMachinehead knows their stuffMachinehead knows their stuffMachinehead knows their stuff
Re: So... how come I can't turn my screen off while listening to music anymore?

I think there's a tweak that allows that behavior. By default the only time it's supposed to work that way is when you're using headphones.
Old 07-15-2009, 10:45 AM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

kabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuff

yeah i know, it wont work even with headphones anymore.
Old 07-15-2009, 10:49 AM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabuk1 View Post
yeah i know, it wont work even with headphones anymore.
There is some corruption going on. if you plug you headphones into the phone or you're listening thru bluetooth headphones and you press power your device should not turn off. I don't even think there is a way to make it turn off if you want. You more then likely will have to do a hard reset.
Old 07-15-2009, 11:07 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Evo Shift
Carrier: Sprint SEP 4G

elmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to elmerfudpucker

Ok Kabuk1, did you reflash a new rom again? or what was the last cab(s) you added before this prob?
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
Old 07-15-2009, 11:20 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel/Verizon

spongerd82 is a n00b

I am having the same issue. Mighty 6 rom here. It was doing it after 2 fresh hard resets. I have look at the reg for any suspend keys. No luck yet.
Old 07-15-2009, 12:38 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

I haven't reflashed since this started happening, and I have tried hard resetting to fix it but it doesn't work. I hard reset the first time a few weeks ago because it started not recognizing the headphones & thats when this problem started, the little headphone icon wouldn't pop up at all. It pops up now, but here I am having problems again. I honestly don't remember what I installed before this started happening, I'm just gonna try another hard reset & maybe even a re-flash. This sucks cause I just got my phone the way I like it. God I hope it's not a hardware issue.

How is Mighty 6 anyway? I wanna try it but I've heard it has problems.

You know, now that I think about it- this started around the time I installed CorePlayer. Hmm... methinks I shall remove it & see what happens...

Last edited by kabuk1; 07-15-2009 at 12:41 PM.
Old 07-15-2009, 07:13 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro2 CDMA
Carrier: Alltel (Verizon)

codybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIP

Go to my faq,(link in signature)
and find the "Keep music playing" tweak.
there's a cab installer and the registry location there if you want to do it yourself.
Load the cab, or change the registry,
let it sit for like 30secs to a minute,
then soft reset so it reloads it into the ram.
this will make it possible for music to play when you press the power button to put the phone into standby which shuts off the screen.

Enjoy.
Old 07-15-2009, 07:38 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

i remaped my screen off to my voice command long press.
Old 07-15-2009, 08:37 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro2 CDMA
Carrier: Alltel (Verizon)

codybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIP

With my fix there's no extra changes or programs needed.
You just put it into standby, or let the backlight timeout turn off the screen and it'll keep playing music.
It should work 100% with any music player too.

I just like my fix better.
haha.
But I don't use voice command, so I guess that wouldn't be a bad fix either.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro