PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   So... how come I can't turn my screen off while listening to music anymore? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=74842)

kabuk1 07-15-2009 10:28 AM

So... how come I can't turn my screen off while listening to music anymore?

I don't know why, but all of a sudden I can't turn off my screen while playing music anymore, and my TP no longer goes into sleep mode during playback. It just stays on. I have always been able to just hit the power button with no problems in the past. Coreplayer stops playing till I turn the screen back on, TF3D player stops as well, as does every other player I have tried. Nitrogen, TCPMP, Pocketplayer, etc. Anyone have any ideas why this is happening? I'm running Mighty 4.16 & using the stock adapter & sometimes the stock headphones. This problem just popped up recently. I did search before posting this & found a bit of info, but no resolutions.

Machinehead 07-15-2009 10:33 AM

Re: So... how come I can't turn my screen off while listening to music anymore?

I think there's a tweak that allows that behavior. By default the only time it's supposed to work that way is when you're using headphones.

kabuk1 07-15-2009 10:45 AM

yeah i know, it wont work even with headphones anymore.

p-slim 07-15-2009 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kabuk1 (Post 1036817)
yeah i know, it wont work even with headphones anymore.

There is some corruption going on. if you plug you headphones into the phone or you're listening thru bluetooth headphones and you press power your device should not turn off. I don't even think there is a way to make it turn off if you want. You more then likely will have to do a hard reset.

elmerfudpucker 07-15-2009 11:07 AM

Ok Kabuk1, did you reflash a new rom again? or what was the last cab(s) you added before this prob?

spongerd82 07-15-2009 11:20 AM

I am having the same issue. Mighty 6 rom here. It was doing it after 2 fresh hard resets. I have look at the reg for any suspend keys. No luck yet.

kabuk1 07-15-2009 12:38 PM

I haven't reflashed since this started happening, and I have tried hard resetting to fix it but it doesn't work. I hard reset the first time a few weeks ago because it started not recognizing the headphones & thats when this problem started, the little headphone icon wouldn't pop up at all. It pops up now, but here I am having problems again. I honestly don't remember what I installed before this started happening, I'm just gonna try another hard reset & maybe even a re-flash. This sucks cause I just got my phone the way I like it. God I hope it's not a hardware issue.

How is Mighty 6 anyway? I wanna try it but I've heard it has problems.

You know, now that I think about it- this started around the time I installed CorePlayer. Hmm... methinks I shall remove it & see what happens...

codybear 07-15-2009 07:13 PM

Go to my faq,(link in signature)
and find the "Keep music playing" tweak.
there's a cab installer and the registry location there if you want to do it yourself.
Load the cab, or change the registry,
let it sit for like 30secs to a minute,
then soft reset so it reloads it into the ram.
this will make it possible for music to play when you press the power button to put the phone into standby which shuts off the screen.

Enjoy.

darren.wlsn1 07-15-2009 07:38 PM

i remaped my screen off to my voice command long press.

codybear 07-15-2009 08:37 PM

With my fix there's no extra changes or programs needed.
You just put it into standby, or let the backlight timeout turn off the screen and it'll keep playing music.
It should work 100% with any music player too.

I just like my fix better. :D:D:D
haha.
But I don't use voice command, so I guess that wouldn't be a bad fix either.