PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2009, 09:53 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: So... how come I can't turn my screen off while listening to music anymore?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ljayhova View Post
I would be in heaven if I could get my phone to last 15-18 hours!! What did you do to get your battery to last that long?
LOL, no kidding (I'm not sure I believe these kind of claims however)

I finally got mine to last a whole day by flashing to Merdin's 6.5 ROM & THAT made me ecstatic............

~John
Old 07-16-2009, 11:40 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

kiwi38 is becoming a great contributor

Here's my solution:
In tools -> preferences, go to page "wmp ui plugin" and check "htc wmp control plug-in"
Go to page "advanced" and check "higher priority music playback"

that should do it.
Old 07-16-2009, 11:47 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community

kabuk1,
The latest version of Nitrogen has a button in the default skin that will shut off the display. It's easy to use since it's just there on the main screen and works for me. For your AEButtonPlus problems, you have to map 1 press to the normal function of the key (ie press red phone key) and then choose double, triple, or long press for the function you want (ie switch off display). I did the same thing at first and lost functionality of the key I was mapping things to .
Old 07-16-2009, 12:11 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile
Threadstarter

kabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to kabuk1 Send a message via Yahoo to kabuk1

^ yeah, I tried Nitrogen yesterday & it stopped even just from turning the screen off!

How I fixed my battery life-

First, I suggest you all give the new Alltel leaked radio a try. It's AWESOME. I had the Telus radio before that & the Alltel one blows it away.

Secondly- there is a rumor that there's a bug in WM that causes it to measure the half-full battery charge on a new phone as full(you know when you boot up the first time out of the box, how the battery is only about half full?), and it will only charge to that level from then on no matter how much you calibrate it. I dunno how truthful this rumor is, but the "fix" certainly can't hurt anything, and it literally TRIPLED my battery life. Apparently there is a way to 'master reset' the battery meter. This is how-

1. Let the phone go completely dead, till you can't even reboot.

2. Charge it for 5 mins or so, just enough to boot up & hard reset.

3. Let it configure, then plug it in & charge it overnight.

This worked miracles for me, regardless of the accuracy of the rumor. Like I said, I went from 5-6 hours to 15-18. Keep in mind this is not HEAVY USAGE, I don't stream music 24/7 or check my email every 5 minutes, but I do surf the web a lot & text like a 14 year old girl.

kabuk1's battery life tips ~ TamsPPC

Last edited by kabuk1; 07-16-2009 at 12:15 PM.
Old 07-16-2009, 02:39 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile
Threadstarter

kabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to kabuk1 Send a message via Yahoo to kabuk1

So I guess I'll never know what messed up my music. I hard reset last night & now everything's working just fine.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro