PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2009, 09:45 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Blackberry Tour
Carrier: sprint

AbsolutV247 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
extreme n00b

What's up guys. I just recently got my Touch Pro and never really thought about changing anything, until I found this site. I have been reading over the threads and such and find myself completely lost when it comes to a lot of the technical talk. Is there anywhere I can find a glossary or something so that I can see what all the abbreviations stand for? Sorry if it's a dumb question, however, I am ppc illiterate. I'm really looking forward to being able to use the resources here on the site and hope to learn enough that I can contribute as well. Thanks in advance for the help/info!
Old 07-15-2009, 10:05 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Evo Shift
Carrier: Sprint SEP 4G

elmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to elmerfudpucker
Re: extreme n00b

check out the stickies, the very top threads, and welcome to ppcgeeks! And search is the 5th tab to the right, under all the phone pics, use the google one and you can search for all you need. And never fear the lil green thanks button!
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-15-2009, 10:09 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

jdmsleepr knows their stuffjdmsleepr knows their stuffjdmsleepr knows their stuffjdmsleepr knows their stuffjdmsleepr knows their stuffjdmsleepr knows their stuffjdmsleepr knows their stuffjdmsleepr knows their stuff

not sure if there is a glossary...,but read all the stickies and just browse through the threads...i know its hard to understand at first, but you will get it and we are all here to help...if you search for something you will find it...sometimes it takes awhile to find but it will happen...if you cant find it here...use google...happy learnings...

as always if i or anyone have helped you in any way, please take the time to press , a lot of time and research has went into finding the solutions that help you and many others...much appreciated...thank you!!!
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 07-15-2009, 11:35 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

peepeesea is keeping up the good workpeepeesea is keeping up the good work

if all else fails... Google it

'function over fashion'
Old 07-15-2009, 11:40 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

jason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Welcome. Search.

I don't think anyway else said it yet, but use google. lol

Old 07-15-2009, 11:44 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

AbsolutV247 is a n00b

Alright.. haha looks like Google is my best resource My problem is I have no clue where to start! I want to be able to view my phone files (windows folder etc) on my computer....I guess what I'm saying is i want to be able to manipulate the phone via my PC and have the changed effect the phone. is that possible or does it all have to be done on the pro?
Old 07-15-2009, 11:52 AM
Lurker

jason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I think to view the Windows folder on your pc you need to change your settings on your pc to "show hidden files"

In explorer:
Tools > Folder Options > View (tab) and select the radio for "show hidden files and folders"
Old 07-15-2009, 11:57 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Bionic
Carrier: Verizon

86shelby is just getting started

change what?
Old 07-15-2009, 11:58 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

AbsolutV247 is a n00b

I have downloaded ActiveSync and my computer will recognize the phone. Problem is when I try to connect my phone and pc via active sync I get this.

Old 07-15-2009, 12:03 PM
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsolutV247 View Post
I have downloaded ActiveSync and my computer will recognize the phone. Problem is when I try to connect my phone and pc via active sync I get this.
on your ppc, try:
start > settings > connections > USB to PC and deselect the "enable advanced functionality" radio

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro