PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2009, 04:43 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Sprint

badsez knows their stuffbadsez knows their stuffbadsez knows their stuffbadsez knows their stuffbadsez knows their stuffbadsez knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Exclamation Sprint Java Esmertec or Sun Java ??

I am using silence/mighty. great n smooth. =D>

But it didnt come with a Java install.

my top 2 requirements
1. trust all java pps as i install them.
2. run more than 1 app simultaneosuly.

What r the adv. of Esmertec vs Sun Hava vs anyother Java that i dont know abt? what do u all typically use?

my biggest annoyance with Sun Java is the untrusted gmail app. everytime i hit refresh i have to accept the 'data usage' warning..

Thank you..

Last edited by badsez; 07-15-2009 at 05:00 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-15-2009, 05:03 AM
Threadstarter
Pocket PC: HTC Rhodium 400

t0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to t0mmyr
Re: Sprint Java Esmertec or Sun Java ??

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=402980

Old 07-15-2009, 05:12 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

badsez knows their stuffbadsez knows their stuffbadsez knows their stuffbadsez knows their stuffbadsez knows their stuffbadsez knows their stuff

That thread is over a year old and things have changed since then. esp. gmail client versions etc..

thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by t0mmyr View Post
Old 07-15-2009, 05:13 AM
Threadstarter

t0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributions

well this thread is in the wrong forum so cheers to u
Old 07-15-2009, 05:21 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

can u point me to the right forum?
i thought upgraded TPs related questions come here.
thx
Quote:
Originally Posted by t0mmyr View Post
well this thread is in the wrong forum so cheers to u
Old 07-15-2009, 05:35 AM
Threadstarter

sure thing,
Quote:
MUST READ - A Change To UPGRADE Forums
To try to keep the forums a little cleaner, we are asking that you ONLY start threads in the Upgrade forums that are to release a ROM, Kitchen, or Radio.

If you have a question about a specific ROM/Radio/Kitchen, then please post it in the appropriate thread.

ALL other threads should be the the device's forum (for example, those related to hardware, GPS, bluetooth, etc).

If you have a reg edit or tweak...if it applies to multiple devices, then please post it in the 'PPC Registry Tweaks' forum and list which devices its compatible with. If it is device specific, then post it in the device forum, NOT the Upgrades forums.

If you're not sure where to post something, then post it in the device's forum and a staff member can always move it.
i believe ur question should be asked here: or here:
Old 07-15-2009, 10:23 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC T7380

Mutiny32 knows their stuffMutiny32 knows their stuffMutiny32 knows their stuffMutiny32 knows their stuffMutiny32 knows their stuffMutiny32 knows their stuff
Send a message via ICQ to Mutiny32 Send a message via AIM to Mutiny32 Send a message via MSN to Mutiny32 Send a message via Skype™ to Mutiny32

How about helping the guy out instead of preaching and scolding him for making an honest mistake. While I see the need for some rules in the forums for stuff like this, you don't have the right to derail a legitimate question because he made a simple mistake. Toxic environments are what kill communities. Take the whole gcc situation with Debian as an example. The maintainer had a mightier than thou attitude and now gcc is no longer going to be used.

Try out Sprint's little-known but great JRE made for the Diamond and TP; Titan. You can find a link here: http://developer.sprint.com/site/glo...ty:SprintTitan

It is highly underrated and has some pretty nifty features like launch on device boot. Give it a gander and see how you like it.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 07-15-2009, 10:34 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note-2

ycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regularycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regularycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regularycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regularycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

this works great for me
Attached Files
File Type: cab OperaMini-4.2-large.cab (2.90 MB, 12 views) Click for barcode!
Old 07-15-2009, 11:50 AM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie

Moved to the general Touch Pro Forum.

late,
Coz
Old 07-16-2009, 09:44 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC T7380

Mutiny32 knows their stuffMutiny32 knows their stuffMutiny32 knows their stuffMutiny32 knows their stuffMutiny32 knows their stuffMutiny32 knows their stuff
Send a message via ICQ to Mutiny32 Send a message via AIM to Mutiny32 Send a message via MSN to Mutiny32 Send a message via Skype™ to Mutiny32

Thanks coz!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro