PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2009, 02:54 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Spring

dinanm3atl is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
HTC Touch Pro Rom - Saves phone 'service'

So I bought a 2nd hand HTC Touch Pro. I upgraded from a WM5 phone(Samsung IP830W). The previous owner had 6.5 installed of some version(opened with HTC logo crushing an Apple logo hehe).

In order to activate and get the EPST menu to come up I had to flash back to the original sprint 6.1 and thanks to this forum and a friend I have it running and I am back online! Really excited and love the phone.

Now my questions.

1. I had the trouble with the 6.5 because it would NOT go into the EPST menu using the normal commands. Flash 6.1 and it works. If I flash back to 6.5 will it save all my activation? Service? MSN ID and all of that after the flash?

2. Do you know what ROM I had before? What are the current 'favorites' of everyone? IE a recommendation to get away from the 6.1 and enjoy some of the cooler/newer versions?

Thanks guys!
Old 07-15-2009, 03:18 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: S3/GN2/AXIOM/TP2/Hero/Moment/EVO
Carrier: *--USCC--*

apristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to apristel Send a message via Skype™ to apristel
Re: HTC Touch Pro Rom - Saves phone 'service'

Flashing to a 6.5 rom should retain your epst settings. I've flashed 100's of times and never lost a thing.

If you want a decent 6.5 rom, try MightyRom6 or browse and see what one trips your trigger.

Alot of ROM's here...

I have no idea which rom you had before, sounds like there was just a custom startup animation.
Old 07-15-2009, 03:54 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

dinanm3atl is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by apristel View Post
Flashing to a 6.5 rom should retain your epst settings. I've flashed 100's of times and never lost a thing.

If you want a decent 6.5 rom, try MightyRom6 or browse and see what one trips your trigger.

Alot of ROM's here...

I have no idea which rom you had before, sounds like there was just a custom startup animation.
Thanks for the quick reply!

I guess I will have some fun flashing and see what I like.
Old 07-15-2009, 04:05 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

dinanm3atl is a n00b

Looking through the roms... what is the one that is just basically an eye candy upgrade over the 6.1? I don't want anything crazy and bright. Just more 'updated' look.
Old 07-15-2009, 04:14 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: S3/GN2/AXIOM/TP2/Hero/Moment/EVO
Carrier: *--USCC--*

apristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to apristel Send a message via Skype™ to apristel

Well, 6.5 offers kinetic scrolling which is worlds better than 6.1.

You can use MightyRom6, it has touchflo and titanium ( the 6.5 default windows interface ). Just pick your poison in the today settings.

If you want to stick with 6.1, I perfer the mighty/silence rom, but then use some custom touchflo things to make it looks cool..cool to me.
Old 07-15-2009, 05:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro and diamond
Carrier: Sprint

har226 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by apristel View Post
Well, 6.5 offers kinetic scrolling which is worlds better than 6.1.

You can use MightyRom6, it has touchflo and titanium ( the 6.5 default windows interface ). Just pick your poison in the today settings.

If you want to stick with 6.1, I perfer the mighty/silence rom, but then use some custom touchflo things to make it looks cool..cool to me.
I second that I have used both of those and they are both good. Currently running mighty rom 6 and i like it but the silence/mighty rom is really good too and fast..

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro