PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-14-2009, 10:15 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Samsung i760
Carrier: Verizon

GuItArMaN is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question Sprint HTC Touch Pro, slow keyboard response time.

Anyone else have this problem? I know I had the same issue with my old Samsung i760, and that POS had half the RAM and CPU, so maybe it's the OS? I don't know about the web browser, but when I type up a text message, and I type the words really fast, I have to wait a few seconds before the letters start showing up one screen one by one. The Virtual onscreen keyboard seems to be faster as far as reponse rate goes though. Is there any fix for this at all, to reduce this input lag? I tried many different hacks/tweaks that I saw online that were popular to do with the Touch Pro to increase different performance issues.

ALSO. Just a quick question as far as battery life goes. I currently have the stock sprint battery in my phone, a wimpy 1200mAh, barely gets me through an 8 hour shift at work, before I need my car charge ASAP, to get some life back into the thing. Anyway, if I got an 1800mAh would I see much more of an increase in longevity? I mean, if it's only going to get me a few extra minutes worth of juice, forget it, but if I could get a few more hours or so, i'd go for it. Any down sides to it, like overheating or heat damage to the phone? I'd go for the crazy 2400mAh but it's so big it needs a whole new back plate for the phone, which makes it look really ugly and bulky, so i'll pass on that for a while.

Thanks guys!

- Chris
Old 07-14-2009, 10:26 PM
AKA TEMPERBAD
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2/ N1
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Sprint HTC Touch Pro, slow keyboard response time.

sprint tp has a 1340 mah battery not 1200mah.... but I see what ya mean,
Old 07-14-2009, 10:40 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Bell Mobility

bradyonly is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbradyonly is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbradyonly is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbradyonly is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

If you don't care about the character counter for text messages you can try this thread: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=73005
It's that count that slows the keyboard down.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 07-14-2009, 11:14 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

GuItArMaN is a n00b

Alright, thanks for that info brady. And no, my battery is actually 1200mAh, says right on it. So is the upgrade to 1800mAh a good idea?
Old 07-14-2009, 11:28 PM
AKA TEMPERBAD
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2/ N1
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuItArMaN View Post
Alright, thanks for that info brady. And no, my battery is actually 1200mAh, says right on it. So is the upgrade to 1800mAh a good idea?
Not saying yours is 1340 (although its wierd its not) but the sprint TP comes stock with a 1340mah battery, I got 6 of em...
Old 07-15-2009, 12:11 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

GuItArMaN is a n00b

Yeah, well I don't know, I bought the phone new off of ebay, maybe the guy just put a cheapo battery in it. Lol, so anyone going to tell me if it's worth getting a bigger 1800 mAh battery or not?
Old 07-15-2009, 12:23 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

pyro254750 knows their stuffpyro254750 knows their stuffpyro254750 knows their stuffpyro254750 knows their stuffpyro254750 knows their stuffpyro254750 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to pyro254750 Send a message via MSN to pyro254750

Hard to say how much extra life the ext life batt will give you. Everybody uses different applications, and has varying amounts of usage on their phones, so even someone who owns a TP with both batt's cannot give you an answer to your question. here is what you need to know. you have a 1200 mAh battery. mAh stands for milliampere-hour, which means that in one hour, your battery will supply 1200 milli-amps. The same applies to the 1800 mAh battery. Now my electrical theory is a bit rusty, but, unless im mistaken, that means that if your phone draws 200 milli-amps per hour, the 1200 mAh battery will last for 6 hours, whereas the 1800 mAh battery will last for 9. You do the math, the battery has 50% more juice in it. Personally ive found that the best way to optimize battery life is to optimize the phone. flashing to a better rom, tweaking, trying out different radios to see what works for you, and even the type of charger you use, all effect the battery life.

Something ive found through using different chargers, is that a stronger charger will yeild better battery life than a weaker one.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-15-2009, 12:28 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor

I just got a 2000mah battery for my Vogue and I've noticed a huge improvement.
Highly recommended.
Old 07-15-2009, 01:18 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

patheticpuma is keeping up the good workpatheticpuma is keeping up the good workpatheticpuma is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to patheticpuma

i have gotten similar problems on 3 of these phones, regardless of what rom i used, and each time my keyboard got really laggy, about 2 weeks later i was getting a new one, im glad alltel covers the keyboard in the XBM program
Old 07-15-2009, 03:02 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

SRX8o7 is keeping up the good workSRX8o7 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to SRX8o7 Send a message via MSN to SRX8o7

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradyonly View Post
If you don't care about the character counter for text messages you can try this thread: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=73005
It's that count that slows the keyboard down.
Im having that same problem, hopefully the link you posted will help, thanks

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro