PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2009, 08:16 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

CuzinBucksBx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularCuzinBucksBx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularCuzinBucksBx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularCuzinBucksBx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularCuzinBucksBx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to CuzinBucksBx
Question Do you have the same problem as I do?

Good Morning everyone..( 8:13am ) Every morning when I head to work I will connect my headset and listening to music but there a problem. My touch pro will make a phone call with out me making one. Every time i connect my headphones it just makes phone call when ever it likes...Remind you this is my 4 Touch Pro and they all have the same freaking issue. I am this close to change my phone to a Palm Pre...Who else have the same problem that I have?
Old 07-11-2009, 08:24 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

jason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Do you have the same problem as I do?

I don't have that problem, but what ROM are you running?

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-11-2009, 08:26 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Let the EVO-lution Begin!!

southphillysean knows their stuffsouthphillysean knows their stuffsouthphillysean knows their stuffsouthphillysean knows their stuffsouthphillysean knows their stuffsouthphillysean knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to southphillysean Send a message via Yahoo to southphillysean

i think u might be alone with this issue, but give us as much info as you can. what rom are you using? radio( if you know).
Old 07-11-2009, 08:58 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Htc Evo/Epic

insomniac is becoming a PPCGeeks regularinsomniac is becoming a PPCGeeks regularinsomniac is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

This was happening to me and I went through 3 touch pros all doing that, still have the third one, and when I went to plug in the touch pro (in mass storage mode to transfer music), Norton was already scanning, as it is set to do daily, and it caught what it called trojan.dropper on a cab file on my storage card on a cab called ppod, maybe my roomate downloaded it, she also uses my phone, a lot. i dont know what ppod is but as soon as Norton cleared it, that cab was deleted, I also did a hard reset after that, and everything is normal, of all the roms I flashed and 2 pros tp's I returned, it was because of that, and i have only had the tp since april, i was ready to reconnect my mogul and screw the tp, but found the issue.
Old 07-11-2009, 09:38 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

pastafarian is keeping up the good workpastafarian is keeping up the good workpastafarian is keeping up the good work

Is the phone calling the last number you called or received? Maybe you're inadvertently hitting the dial button on the headset (or the phone) when you connect it? My phone has made phantom calls from my pocket, a issue with all touch screen phones and I've made phantom calls when the dial button of the headset was pressed while in my pocket. I've never had a phone make a call due to the headset connecting.
Old 07-11-2009, 09:56 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

pastafarian is keeping up the good workpastafarian is keeping up the good workpastafarian is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by insomniac View Post
This was happening to me and I went through 3 touch pros all doing that, still have the third one, and when I went to plug in the touch pro (in mass storage mode to transfer music), Norton was already scanning, as it is set to do daily, and it caught what it called trojan.dropper on a cab file on my storage card on a cab called ppod, maybe my roomate downloaded it, she also uses my phone, a lot. i dont know what ppod is but as soon as Norton cleared it, that cab was deleted, I also did a hard reset after that, and everything is normal, of all the roms I flashed and 2 pros tp's I returned, it was because of that, and i have only had the tp since april, i was ready to reconnect my mogul and screw the tp, but found the issue.
pPod was a mp3 player that looked and performed like the ipod. I believe Apple suited out of existance years ago and the last version was for WM2003. trojan.dropper is a desktop windows virus, not WM. AFAIK, the desktop version of NAV doesn't have the ability to find a WM virus at all. Ppod may have screwed with your system, old software can be a problem, but I doubt it was a virus.
Old 07-11-2009, 10:30 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: GS3/stock&unrooted

skeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuzinBucksBx View Post
Good Morning everyone..( 8:13am ) Every morning when I head to work I will connect my headset and listening to music but there a problem. My touch pro will make a phone call with out me making one. Every time i connect my headphones it just makes phone call when ever it likes...Remind you this is my 4 Touch Pro and they all have the same freaking issue. I am this close to change my phone to a Palm Pre...Who else have the same problem that I have?
this mayb a long shot, but try start/settings/phone/more tab(if its there) here u can uncheck the box for headset(for in/out going calls)...but like i said..its a long shot but mayb worth the try
Old 07-11-2009, 10:41 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Htc Evo/Epic

insomniac is becoming a PPCGeeks regularinsomniac is becoming a PPCGeeks regularinsomniac is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by pastafarian View Post
pPod was a mp3 player that looked and performed like the ipod. I believe Apple suited out of existance years ago and the last version was for WM2003. trojan.dropper is a desktop windows virus, not WM. AFAIK, the desktop version of NAV doesn't have the ability to find a WM virus at all. Ppod may have screwed with your system, old software can be a problem, but I doubt it was a virus.
Now, I know what that was, never heard of ppod, why would she try and install wm2003 program on 6.1, its different, I have had pocket pc's since the pocket pc 2002 os, even the memory management and harware worked differently, I have to have a talk with my roommate, no more sharing, she can get her own smartphone. But thanks for that info.
Old 07-11-2009, 12:02 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro, Touch Pro2, EVO 4G

toviaheli is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartoviaheli is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartoviaheli is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartoviaheli is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartoviaheli is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to toviaheli Send a message via MSN to toviaheli Send a message via Yahoo to toviaheli Send a message via Skype™ to toviaheli

I have that problem when I use one of my muti-adapters in my car.

The Book of GOD: Helping Spiritual orphans know God their Father completely!
The New Book by TOV ROSE www.TovRose.com
Get it now on Amazon.com: http://www.createspace.com/3582133
Old 07-12-2009, 08:27 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Threadstarter

CuzinBucksBx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularCuzinBucksBx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularCuzinBucksBx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularCuzinBucksBx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularCuzinBucksBx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to CuzinBucksBx

Sorry I never got back to this thread. I have tried all Roms...I mean all. I went to the nearest Sprint Repair center and told me it could be the MP3 could be a virus. :-\ I will get my 4th...Wait 5th one....It could be that Tachi ( Spell check ) Dialer..but again..I have no idea....Just now I just updated my Radio to 1.11.00 and now using ( and very nervous to say lolz ) NFSFAN WM 6.5 B0107 TP Rom.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro