PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-14-2009, 09:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

Slevin is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Problem Experienced throughout different ROM versions

Hi,

I've got a problem that I'm experiencing with my current Rom, Calkulin, 23001 and many other's I've tried. I'm a heavy texter, it's how I communicate a lot during the day. My problem is when I'm in my SMS messages, if I have just booted the phone it work's rather briskly. But as an hour or so, sometimes even 30 minutes of texting different individuals, when I'm in a message and ready to go back to the threaded view and click OK, there is no response, or it goes to the threaded inbox and the top portion is scrambled. It takes sometimes 2 or 3 min for my phone to respond to touches of the messages window. This gets rather annoying when I'm trying to switch between people to text and am constantly going back and forth between my inbox and messages. I know I have a very large inbox, at one time I had over 10,000 messages just for SMS. I believe there may be around 2,000 now, but that's just a guess since I just flashed Calkulin's ROM. Any help would be appreciated as this is getting unbearable. Thanks.

Slevin
Old 07-14-2009, 09:36 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

jshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIP
Re: Problem Experienced throughout different ROM versions

10,000, 2,000....delete your text than soft-reset.
tell us then if it's not better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slevin View Post
Hi,

I've got a problem that I'm experiencing with my current Rom, Calkulin, 23001 and many other's I've tried. I'm a heavy texter, it's how I communicate a lot during the day. My problem is when I'm in my SMS messages, if I have just booted the phone it work's rather briskly. But as an hour or so, sometimes even 30 minutes of texting different individuals, when I'm in a message and ready to go back to the threaded view and click OK, there is no response, or it goes to the threaded inbox and the top portion is scrambled. It takes sometimes 2 or 3 min for my phone to respond to touches of the messages window. This gets rather annoying when I'm trying to switch between people to text and am constantly going back and forth between my inbox and messages. I know I have a very large inbox, at one time I had over 10,000 messages just for SMS. I believe there may be around 2,000 now, but that's just a guess since I just flashed Calkulin's ROM. Any help would be appreciated as this is getting unbearable. Thanks.

Slevin

Radio: 2.35.00WF
Old 07-14-2009, 09:51 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

mgioia2 knows their stuffmgioia2 knows their stuffmgioia2 knows their stuffmgioia2 knows their stuffmgioia2 knows their stuffmgioia2 knows their stuff

Have to agree. Not sure why people feel the need to save 10,000 texts, hell 1,000 for that matter? I flash a ton, NEVER back up texts, and i rarely have any SMS lockups/text lag. Got any needed information, shoot yourself an email or save it in a note.
Old 07-14-2009, 10:06 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo Shift 4G
Carrier: Sprint

HTCotta is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHTCotta is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHTCotta is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHTCotta is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

^^Amen, I cannot think of any reason to keep 10,000 texts.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro