PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2009, 07:38 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy SIII
Carrier: Straight Talk

DarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: NFSFAN ROM Question - not sure if this is allowed

Quote:
Originally Posted by edufur View Post
3. his roms arent all that great. the roms here are better in my opinion. i would suggest that if / when anyone has a problem with his rom, they go post it on his thread on XDA. but if you want a better rom, use one of the ones from this site.
dude. i have tried all the roms by all the cooks (and yes, including Mighty Rom and many of the other "big names" here), and frankly, your opinion tells me you probably haven't tried that many roms. i have had less problems with his rom with any on this site. i have been very very loyal to the cooks on this site but frankly, when i couldn't find any 6.5 rom that would run pandora with zero problems or NFS Undercover, i went searching elsewhere. and what i found was NFSFAN's 105 rom. i loaded the programs i mentioned and with none of the so called tweaks that "must" be installed to get them to run, they ran. i was in shock.

so. instead of posting in a thread that you obviously aren't interested in and only want to start trouble, you should take your opinions elsewhere.
Old 07-15-2009, 08:38 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro2 CDMA
Carrier: Alltel (Verizon)

codybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIP

Only Touch Pro's that I know that his rom isn't all that friendly with is the Verizon.
And that's because it has less ram.
And I'm sure 95% of the roms here at ppcgeeks will have the same effect also on the verizon TP (5% that's left are the ROMs specifically made for the verizon TP.)

But edufur has sprint, so not sure why it's not working that great for him....
Old 07-15-2009, 08:49 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro
Carrier: MetroPCS

sfreier is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to sfreier Send a message via Yahoo to sfreier
Talking Re: NFSFAN ROM Question - not sure if this is allowed

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwcj63 View Post
dude. i have tried all the roms by all the cooks (and yes, including Mighty Rom and many of the other "big names" here), and frankly, your opinion tells me you probably haven't tried that many roms. i have had less problems with his rom with any on this site. i have been very very loyal to the cooks on this site but frankly, when i couldn't find any 6.5 rom that would run pandora with zero problems or NFS Undercover, i went searching elsewhere. and what i found was NFSFAN's 105 rom. i loaded the programs i mentioned and with none of the so called tweaks that "must" be installed to get them to run, they ran. i was in shock.

so. instead of posting in a thread that you obviously aren't interested in and only want to start trouble, you should take your opinions elsewhere.

well said!
Old 07-15-2009, 09:02 PM
VIP Member

codybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfreier View Post
well said!
I do agree with the last part of the last sentence though,
it should be posted at the rom's thread.
But I don't see what's the matter with having a thread here,
but it's just annoying because people keep posting problems here that are (or were in previous builds) usually answered over at xda.
Old 07-15-2009, 09:43 PM
VIP Member

DarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by codybear View Post
I do agree with the last part of the last sentence though,
it should be posted at the rom's thread.
But I don't see what's the matter with having a thread here,
but it's just annoying because people keep posting problems here that are (or were in previous builds) usually answered over at xda.
the point of my rant was that if you don't like his roms, stay the hell out of his threads.
Old 07-15-2009, 10:44 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
the point of my rant was that if you don't like his roms, stay the hell out of his threads.
Agreed again. haha.
It's just inevitable.
It won't stop.
but it's stupid.
I just think that questions about a rom,
is best to be asked in the rom's thread.
that being said,
that's why I agreed about asking the question at xda.
Old 07-16-2009, 09:17 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Telus

Psycho77 is a n00b

NFSROM for me feel a lots of faster and smoother than anything here. His DLL, Drivers optimization, small SYS, just make it great. Smooth and quick, I have no problem here using his ROM, really the best so far.
Old 07-16-2009, 09:31 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

I did come across a deal breaking bug (for me) in this ROM last night.

I use Vito SMS-Chat with TouchPal for texting. I was having a super annoying problem where I would be texting (I can type insanely fast with TP and T+) & the whole system would seem to freeze up for a few seconds. The text would stop, the KB would become totally unresponsive, & then say three seconds later it would free up & go on as if nothing had happened. This problem was SO ANNOYING, I came close to going back to one of my old Titan's at one point (they never did this AT ALL).

Someone else a while back posted the same problem & after about 20 responses from people having the exact same problem, someone said "I had the same problem, but it completely disappeared when I switched to merdin's latest ROM"

I was VERY skeptical that that would fix it, but figured it couldn't hurt to try. Much to my amazement, the problem completely disappeared when I went to merdin's 6.5 & never came back.

Now, last night I was putting the NFSFAN system through it's paces doing some texting & had the EXACT SAME freezing problem that I had before I switched ROM's to cure it. I text WAY too much to put up with that, so I guess this ROM's not for me.

~John

Last edited by jmorton10; 07-16-2009 at 09:34 AM.
Old 07-16-2009, 09:44 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
I did come across a deal breaking bug (for me) in this ROM last night.

I use Vito SMS-Chat with TouchPal for texting. I was having a super annoying problem where I would be texting (I can type insanely fast with TP and T+) & the whole system would seem to freeze up for a few seconds. The text would stop, the KB would become totally unresponsive, & then say three seconds later it would free up & go on as if nothing had happened. This problem was SO ANNOYING, I came close to going back to one of my old Titan's at one point (they never did this AT ALL).

Someone else a while back posted the same problem & after about 20 responses from people having the exact same problem, someone said "I had the same problem, but it completely disappeared when I switched to merdin's latest ROM"

I was VERY skeptical that that would fix it, but figured it couldn't hurt to try. Much to my amazement, the problem completely disappeared when I went to merdin's 6.5 & never came back.

Now, last night I was putting the NFSFAN system through it's paces doing some texting & had the EXACT SAME freezing problem that I had before I switched ROM's to cure it. I text WAY too much to put up with that, so I guess this ROM's not for me.

~John

interesting. does his new rom have the TF3D2 preloader? wil it run Pandora and NFS Undercover?
Old 07-16-2009, 10:00 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
interesting. does his new rom have the TF3D2 preloader? wil it run Pandora and NFS Undercover?
It does have the TF3D2 loader,I don't know about pandora as I never use it but I can tell you it won't run Need For Speed (that is the ONE THING I really really liked about the NFSFAN setup)

I can live without that (although it does annoy me) as I have that game in my 2nd gen ipod touch & for some reason the gameplay is WAY WAY better in the ipod than the WM version (& the bigger screen is nice for gaming although the graphics look awesome on the TP VGA screen)

~John

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro