PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2009, 11:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 running MightyROM
Carrier: Sprint

tstretch is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Im on my 5th replaced Touch Pro in 7 months!!!?!??!!?

I love this phone (hate the battery life of course but the big seido helps) so I'm not complaining about it... But seriously, HTC is a great brand and all but I have concluded that their phones aren't manufactured worth a crap.. I had a mogul before this and also went through at least a half a dozen in a year and a half and now I'm on replacement phone number 5 in only 7 months - ALL DUE TO HARDWARE FAILURES... Had a couple phones that the keyboard stopped working (also have a friend who had the same problem) and one that the microphone didn't work on, had one that stopped powering on and I forget why my first phone had to be replaced... Thank goodness for phone insurance but seriously whats the deal?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-09-2009, 11:43 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel

deathly_shadow is just getting started
Re: Im on my 5th replaced Touch Pro in 7 months!!!?!??!!?

I totally freaking hear ya dude! I love the phone, hate the hardware, and the battery! Im on my 3rd phone for keyboard failure. I also just convinced verizon to replace my battery to this time because it dies in a few hours now! Think I might make the switch to android whenever the HTC hero comes out, hopefully it doesnt suck to! I need a battery that actually does its job, or a phone that doesnt drain them so fast.
Old 07-09-2009, 11:50 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor

TP=PooPoo
Old 07-10-2009, 12:19 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO

ahawke01 is keeping up the good workahawke01 is keeping up the good work

I have owned my TP since the first day it came out and I too had a mogul and a touch and only owned one of each of those phones. I have heard of keyboard issues on the newest ones because I believe that they started making alot of them to help supply the demand for the phone but I guess you guys have just had some bad luck. I love all of my HTC phones and I have always played with my software and changed it over and over again and I dont think that there is any other phone out there that will let me personalize the phone like this phone right now. I am excited to see the PRO 2 coming out soon and I cant wait to try it out. I hope you guys have better luck with newer models and I think the reason you are having issues is because Verizon isnt that good as a service provider and their phones are really built cheap!!!!

GO TO SPRINT!!!! IT WILL MAKE YOU HAPPIER AND IT IS 100'S CHEAPER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by ahawke01; 07-10-2009 at 12:21 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-10-2009, 12:22 AM
Knowledge Is True Opinion
Pocket PC: iPhone 4S
Carrier: Vzw

Carla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Carla

I haven't had any issues with mine at all, but I am really really careful with it.
Old 07-10-2009, 12:28 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note 2

bkhoste knows their stuffbkhoste knows their stuffbkhoste knows their stuffbkhoste knows their stuffbkhoste knows their stuffbkhoste knows their stuff

I am still on my first TP, other then the heat issues I have an no problems with it. Maybe they are like cars, just depends on the day of the week they were made, kidding.
Gadget/Phone History: Motorola DynaTAC 8000x; Casio BOSS; Palm Vx; Palm m130; Palm Tungsten T; Sanyo 7300; Sanyo Katana; PPC-6700; Titan; Mogul; Touch Pro, Palm Pre; HTC EVO, Motorola Photon; Samsung Galaxy Note 2 .
Old 07-10-2009, 12:34 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

Block is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by tstretch View Post
I love this phone (hate the battery life of course but the big seido helps) so I'm not complaining about it... But seriously, HTC is a great brand and all but I have concluded that their phones aren't manufactured worth a crap.. I had a mogul before this and also went through at least a half a dozen in a year and a half and now I'm on replacement phone number 5 in only 7 months - ALL DUE TO HARDWARE FAILURES... Had a couple phones that the keyboard stopped working (also have a friend who had the same problem) and one that the microphone didn't work on, had one that stopped powering on and I forget why my first phone had to be replaced... Thank goodness for phone insurance but seriously whats the deal?

It has to be more due to bad luck, cuz thats just ridiculous, Ive had the mda, mogul and now the tp without replacing any of them..all though I just jinxed myself (kb gonna break now) ;(
Old 07-10-2009, 01:58 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

banzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to banzaiwolfe

I had my Mogul replaced 3 times, all for the white spot issue. I've now had my TP replaced twice in less than a week...first time was for the cracked chrome issue (never dropped it, it just cracked). It was replaced with a refurb, which had faulty buttons. That was replaced with a refurb as well, which had a vibrate issue that Sprint actually managed to fix. But now the down button on the phone is acting up and not working properly...guess I'll have to take it back soon, and keep going around in circles with these poorly refurbished models.
Old 07-10-2009, 02:25 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic 4G

Major_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuff

I work at a service & repair center, and I've gone through 5 or 6 so far...And the last 2 Brand new out of the box replacements had the screen lifting up from the LCD.(this includes my current one, because I have it the way I want it, and don't feel like ordering another AE rite now. lol...) One had the keyboard issue, one stopped charging, one i lost the stylus switch for(don't ask), and God only knows what the others were for. lol...All since november.

Service & Repair Questions? Check out this thread:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=74927

Sprint/Nextel Service & Repair Technician

http://img162.imageshack.us/img162/6932/ubda1308kz0.gif
Don't forget to click on the "THANKS" button if I've helped you.
Old 07-10-2009, 02:52 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: TP2 & BB Tour
Carrier: Sprinter

badboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIP

yep i am on my 5th TP too.. 1st one had the blown out earpiece 2nd one rainbow screen 3rd one rainbow screen 4th keyboard stopped working 5th one volume keys don't really work anymore...

i've just about had it with the TP thats y i will be getting a BB Tour come sunday and hopefully the TP 2 will be out before my 30days is up...
I85 Nextel--> LG VX6000--> Moto V710--> Motorola Razr V3c unlocked alltel--> Razr V3c Verizon Red UI--> Motorola e815--> HTC 6700--> Motorola Q--> HTC Mogul--> HTC TOUCH--> Blackberry Pearl--> Blackberry Curve--> Treo 800w--> HTC Touch Diamond--> HTC Touch Pro--> Blackberry TOUR--> HTC Touch Pro 2

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro