PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   How I Unock A Sprint Htc Touch Pro And Flash A Unbranded Rom For All Networks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=74703)

RIS28 07-14-2009 12:19 AM

How I Unock A Sprint Htc Touch Pro And Flash A Unbranded Rom For All Networks

Hello I Am A New To This , Will Somebody Suggest Me, Where I Can Find A Unlocker For My New Sprint Htc Touch Pro Cdma, As I Am From India, I Want It Flash To Reliance Network In India, Can I Flash It With Normal Win 6.1 As Sold By Htc, Will It Work With Any Network?? WHERE I CAN GET THE UNBANDED ROM FOR ALL NETWORK,Help From All Seniors Are Requested,
Its A Normal Question For New Beis To This Forum

ITS A CDMA HTC TOUCH PRO AND RELIANCE IS A CDMA 800/1900 2000 1X EV-DO

fenixjn 07-14-2009 12:36 AM

Re: How I Unock A Sprint Htc Touch Pro And Flash A Unbranded Rom For All Networks

Just follow the instructions here: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=43266 most ROMs are unbranded

tr0s 07-14-2009 12:41 AM

Re: How I Unock A Sprint Htc Touch Pro And Flash A Unbranded Rom For All Networks

Quote:

Originally Posted by RIS28 (Post 1034059)
Hello I Am A New To This , Will Somebody Suggest Me, Where I Can Find A Unlocker For My New Sprint Htc Touch Pro Cdma, As I Am From India, I Want It Flash To Reliance Network In India, Can I Flash It With Normal Win 6.1 As Sold By Htc, Will It Work With Any Network?? WHERE I CAN GET THE UNBANDED ROM FOR ALL NETWORK,Help From All Seniors Are Requested,
Its A Normal Question For New Beis To This Forum

first off, welcome to the world of flashing and i'm gonna warn you now that it's somewhat addicting. but for future reference just read the posts in the forums, at the top are what's called stickies and are there because they are commonly asked questions such as this.

as far as i know there is no "unbanded rom" for all networks... they are restricted to gsm networks and cdma networks and i know that gsm is predominantly worldwide moreso than cdma. so you need to make sure you know what your phone is first, whether it's cdma or gsm.

if it is cdma the first thing you need to do is go here for the unlocker http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=42503

then you need to read this... http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=43266

but honestly i have no idea how it will work with your carriers in india, are you sure it's on a cdma network? it's a bit of a risk to flash your phone in the first place if you don't know what you're doing.... if you brick it, well then you have a very expensive paperweight. if you don't have an original dumped rom from your carrier and you need to take your phone in for service then you're screwed. do you know of anyone that has run a custom rom on your phone on that network?

stevedusa 07-14-2009 01:08 AM

Umm before you flash... is the network you intend to use the phone on a CDMA network or a GSM network? If it's a GSM network, you have the wrong phone, you need to get a GSM version instead of the CDMA.

If it is a CDMA network... umm you will need to actually have the cell network's op to authorize that ESN into their network which it does not happen here in US but who knows in India.

tr0s 07-14-2009 01:11 AM

lol actually i didn't catch the part about a SPRINT touch pro..... yeah you'll need to make sure the carriers there are cdma, if they aren't you need to get a gsm phone like the at&t fuze. easiest way to tell is if the phone has a sim card slot but even at that you need to make sure the phone runs on the same frequency as your service provider.

RIS28 07-14-2009 01:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tr0s (Post 1034135)
lol actually i didn't catch the part about a SPRINT touch pro..... yeah you'll need to make sure the carriers there are cdma, if they aren't you need to get a gsm phone like the at&t fuze. easiest way to tell is if the phone has a sim card slot but even at that you need to make sure the phone runs on the same frequency as your service provider.

SIR ITS CDMA HTC FROM SPRIN USA HOPFULLY LOCKED TO SPRINT??

stevedusa 07-14-2009 01:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RIS28 (Post 1034144)

We know, what we are asking is the network in India you are going to put this phone on, a CDMA or a GSM network? They are different!

And if you already have a phone you are using, is there a little chip called SIM card in you can pull out? If so, then it's a GSM network and it will NOT, I repeat, NOT work with this HTC Sprint Touch Pro.

I have a feeling it's going to be GSM, CDMA networks are pretty rare all around the world.

RIS28 07-14-2009 01:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevedusa (Post 1034130)
Umm before you flash... is the network you intend to use the phone on a CDMA network or a GSM network? If it's a GSM network, you have the wrong phone, you need to get a GSM version instead of the CDMA.

If it is a CDMA network... umm you will need to actually have the cell network's op to authorize that ESN into their network which it does not happen here in US but who knows in India.

YES CDMA, I ALREADY HAVE A REL MO NO. AND I SWIPE IT TO NEW HANSET(HTC) BY HAND SET CHANGE CARD, BY THIS U CAN SIFT YR NO. TO A BLANK CDMA HANDSET, I WILL UNLOCK THEN TRY

tr0s 07-14-2009 01:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RIS28 (Post 1034144)

yeah that's the same phone i'm using. problem is, you don't have sprint there in india, you need to check with the service providers that you have in your country to see if the touch pro you bought will work. i know most countries run gsm networks but i'm uncertain what's available to you in india. if you do have cdma, it's probably not going to be an easy task to get it to work. but basically what i'm trying to say is that there are two different versions of this phone, the gsm network version (fuze) and the cdma network version (touch pro).

edufur 07-14-2009 01:30 AM

I think I have thought of a new joke / analogy:

A guy walks into a bar. He steps up to the counter, and in front of him is a huge selection of beers on tap. A sign is attached to each of those taps that give instructions on how and when to order those specific beers. He looks up at the bartender and says: "Excuse me, I am new in town, could you tell me where I would go to get a beer?"