PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2009, 10:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

msvakos4589 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
screen turns off after 30 seconds

I've checked the settings, system, power and backlight settings. I un-checked both options under: on battery power and on external power. It still turns off after about 15 seconds or so even when it's plugged in. I do have nuelight installed the latest version. I also check those settings and still nothing. are there any registry hacks to change this. Please advise. thank you!
Old 07-14-2009, 02:35 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Re: screen turns off after 30 seconds

Quote:
Originally Posted by msvakos4589 View Post
I've checked the settings, system, power and backlight settings. I un-checked both options under: on battery power and on external power. It still turns off after about 15 seconds or so even when it's plugged in. I do have nuelight installed the latest version. I also check those settings and still nothing. are there any registry hacks to change this. Please advise. thank you!
anybody have any ideas?? that would be much appreicated.
Old 07-14-2009, 02:48 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor

When you check on battery power and on external power you should be able to specify the time that the backlight will stay on. I am not familiar with nuelight so I don't know what to tell you there.
Old 07-14-2009, 09:30 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by horndoctor View Post
When you check on battery power and on external power you should be able to specify the time that the backlight will stay on. I am not familiar with nuelight so I don't know what to tell you there.
I did check that, and tried changing it to different intervals, but it still turns off after about 30 seconds or so. If you uncheck those options, the screen should not turn off. do you know if there are any registry edits you can check for the screen turning off? thanks.
Old 07-14-2009, 10:47 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro/Touch Diamond/BlackBerry Tour 9630

basilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Are you running any locking apps like S2u2 or PocketShield? They usually have something that regulates how long the screen is on...

Also, are you running a custom ROM? Could be a setting there. If so, I would suggest posting this in the appropriate thread for said ROM.
Old 07-14-2009, 06:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by basilray View Post
Are you running any locking apps like S2u2 or PocketShield? They usually have something that regulates how long the screen is on...

Also, are you running a custom ROM? Could be a setting there. If so, I would suggest posting this in the appropriate thread for said ROM.
I'm not running and lock applications, but i am running inesfoft dialer. i checked on the settings on that and can't see anything for power. I'm using Might Rom 4.16.

There is not any registry edit you can change that setting for the back light. . . anyone??????
Old 07-14-2009, 07:20 PM
Hercules Valvalotus
Pocket PC: Nokia N900 as my tablet Tmo G2 for my phone
Carrier: T-mobile & Google Voice

TheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to TheRealHotshot Send a message via MSN to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Yahoo to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Skype™ to TheRealHotshot

To the op I feel you pain!!!! Same thing going on with mines. Name the last 10 apps you install and and I bet I pin point which add did it!!! Cause mines started doing the same thing about 2wks ago!!!

*formerly known as Not_A_Stain*

GOOGLE WAVE USER
Old 07-15-2009, 08:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealHotshot View Post
To the op I feel you pain!!!! Same thing going on with mines. Name the last 10 apps you install and and I bet I pin point which add did it!!! Cause mines started doing the same thing about 2wks ago!!!
I believe the problem is inesoft dialer. after i installed that is when the problem started.

I'm wondering if there is anyway to change something in the registry to override that. Any insight would be greatly appreciated. thank you!!
Old 07-15-2009, 08:49 PM
domo arigato mr roboto
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment
Carrier: Sprint since Feb 11, 2002

elephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

how long are you wanting the light to stay on? You said that it turns off after 15-30 seconds, you didn't mention how long you'd like for it to stay on. Registry hacks would most likely reflect the changes you make in the GUI part, check mark, no check mark. Let me know how long you'd like for it to stay on and I'll see if I can't help you more.
Old 07-15-2009, 09:00 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro2 CDMA
Carrier: Alltel (Verizon)

codybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIP

Also, what rom are you using?
I know sometimes it can be a problem with the rom itself...
but usually only with custom roms that people mod hardcore.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro