PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   screen turns off after 30 seconds (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=74694)

msvakos4589 07-13-2009 10:45 PM

screen turns off after 30 seconds

I've checked the settings, system, power and backlight settings. I un-checked both options under: on battery power and on external power. It still turns off after about 15 seconds or so even when it's plugged in. I do have nuelight installed the latest version. I also check those settings and still nothing. are there any registry hacks to change this. Please advise. thank you!

msvakos4589 07-14-2009 02:35 AM

Re: screen turns off after 30 seconds

Quote:

Originally Posted by msvakos4589 (Post 1033936)
I've checked the settings, system, power and backlight settings. I un-checked both options under: on battery power and on external power. It still turns off after about 15 seconds or so even when it's plugged in. I do have nuelight installed the latest version. I also check those settings and still nothing. are there any registry hacks to change this. Please advise. thank you!

anybody have any ideas?? that would be much appreicated.

horndoctor 07-14-2009 02:48 AM

When you check on battery power and on external power you should be able to specify the time that the backlight will stay on. I am not familiar with nuelight so I don't know what to tell you there.

msvakos4589 07-14-2009 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by horndoctor (Post 1034255)
When you check on battery power and on external power you should be able to specify the time that the backlight will stay on. I am not familiar with nuelight so I don't know what to tell you there.

I did check that, and tried changing it to different intervals, but it still turns off after about 30 seconds or so. If you uncheck those options, the screen should not turn off. do you know if there are any registry edits you can check for the screen turning off? thanks.

basilray 07-14-2009 10:47 AM

Are you running any locking apps like S2u2 or PocketShield? They usually have something that regulates how long the screen is on...

Also, are you running a custom ROM? Could be a setting there. If so, I would suggest posting this in the appropriate thread for said ROM.

msvakos4589 07-14-2009 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by basilray (Post 1034641)
Are you running any locking apps like S2u2 or PocketShield? They usually have something that regulates how long the screen is on...

Also, are you running a custom ROM? Could be a setting there. If so, I would suggest posting this in the appropriate thread for said ROM.

I'm not running and lock applications, but i am running inesfoft dialer. i checked on the settings on that and can't see anything for power. I'm using Might Rom 4.16.

There is not any registry edit you can change that setting for the back light. . . anyone??????

TheRealHotshot 07-14-2009 07:20 PM

To the op I feel you pain!!!! Same thing going on with mines. Name the last 10 apps you install and and I bet I pin point which add did it!!! Cause mines started doing the same thing about 2wks ago!!!

msvakos4589 07-15-2009 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheRealHotshot (Post 1035670)
To the op I feel you pain!!!! Same thing going on with mines. Name the last 10 apps you install and and I bet I pin point which add did it!!! Cause mines started doing the same thing about 2wks ago!!!

I believe the problem is inesoft dialer. after i installed that is when the problem started.

I'm wondering if there is anyway to change something in the registry to override that. Any insight would be greatly appreciated. thank you!!

elephant007 07-15-2009 08:49 PM

how long are you wanting the light to stay on? You said that it turns off after 15-30 seconds, you didn't mention how long you'd like for it to stay on. Registry hacks would most likely reflect the changes you make in the GUI part, check mark, no check mark. Let me know how long you'd like for it to stay on and I'll see if I can't help you more.

codybear 07-15-2009 09:00 PM

Also, what rom are you using?
I know sometimes it can be a problem with the rom itself...
but usually only with custom roms that people mod hardcore.