PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2009, 09:10 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

hamidxa knows their stuffhamidxa knows their stuffhamidxa knows their stuffhamidxa knows their stuffhamidxa knows their stuffhamidxa knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: screen turns off after 30 seconds

I had this exact same problem.

Read my post and discuss my findings:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...ostcount=16375
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-15-2009, 09:19 PM
Hercules Valvalotus
Pocket PC: Nokia N900 as my tablet Tmo G2 for my phone
Carrier: T-mobile & Google Voice

TheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to TheRealHotshot Send a message via MSN to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Yahoo to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Skype™ to TheRealHotshot
Exclamation Re: screen turns off after 30 seconds

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamidxa View Post

i think your post is right it was between gpstoday(doubt it) and i just download wmwifirouter and bam my screen start going out every 30secs and i had it set for 2 mins. so is it a work around this anybody??? cause im not dropping wmwifirouter cant

*formerly known as Not_A_Stain*

GOOGLE WAVE USER
Old 07-15-2009, 09:31 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

pyro254750 knows their stuffpyro254750 knows their stuffpyro254750 knows their stuffpyro254750 knows their stuffpyro254750 knows their stuffpyro254750 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to pyro254750 Send a message via MSN to pyro254750

I had this problem occur after messing around with multiple autolock programs. Had 2 or 3 i was installing and playing with at the same time and my screen started doing the exact same thing. Had to reflash to resolve the issue.
Old 07-15-2009, 11:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Rhodium

rxb216 is just getting started

Quote:

interesting, I too have the 30 sec problem

I do use wmwifirouter and the built in internet sharing app, and used them both in the last 24 hrs. The problem though only started last week, and i never had this issue before since I got the phone last Dec). I'll try to avoid internet sharing for 48 hrs and see what happens. interesting to see this problem survives soft-resets. I am sick of people telling me to hard-reset, this is really about figuring out the issue, and not giving up
Old 07-15-2009, 11:51 PM
Regular 'Geeker

hamidxa knows their stuffhamidxa knows their stuffhamidxa knows their stuffhamidxa knows their stuffhamidxa knows their stuffhamidxa knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealHotshot View Post
i think your post is right it was between gpstoday(doubt it) and i just download wmwifirouter and bam my screen start going out every 30secs and i had it set for 2 mins. so is it a work around this anybody??? cause im not dropping wmwifirouter cant
Funny you should mention that, because I noticed erratic behavior after WMWiFIRouter 1.50 update:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...ostcount=16382

That was the post I made a few minutes after the first one, also in MightyMikes thread.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...2695&page=1639
Old 07-15-2009, 11:53 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by rxb216 View Post
interesting, I too have the 30 sec problem

I do use wmwifirouter and the built in internet sharing app, and used them both in the last 24 hrs. The problem though only started last week, and i never had this issue before since I got the phone last Dec). I'll try to avoid internet sharing for 48 hrs and see what happens. interesting to see this problem survives soft-resets. I am sick of people telling me to hard-reset, this is really about figuring out the issue, and not giving up
It looks like there may be a solution, and that it could very well have been WmWiFiRouter that was the cause.

Read this thread:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...81#post1038481

They issued an update as well.
About to go give it a try.
Will report back.
Old 07-16-2009, 12:36 AM
Hercules Valvalotus
Pocket PC: Nokia N900 as my tablet Tmo G2 for my phone
Carrier: T-mobile & Google Voice

TheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to TheRealHotshot Send a message via MSN to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Yahoo to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Skype™ to TheRealHotshot
Exclamation Re: screen turns off after 30 seconds

Quote:
Funny you should mention that, because I noticed erratic behavior after WMWiFIRouter 1.50 update:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...ostcount=16382

That was the post I made a few minutes after the first one, also in MightyMikes thread.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...2695&page=1639
Yep!!!! I downloaded wmwifirouter before 1.50 after updating...BAM 30sec screen problem! Hmm just clicked on apptodate and see its a new version I'm downloading now hope this fix it. Cause a hard reset is out of the question for me right about now
Old 07-16-2009, 12:41 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealHotshot View Post
Yep!!!! I downloaded wmwifirouter before 1.50 after updating...BAM 30sec screen problem! Hmm just clicked on apptodate and see its a new version I'm downloading now hope this fix it. Cause a hard reset is out of the question for me right about now
Updated both mine and my brothers to version 1.52 and it looks like the 30 seconds auto-off backlight problem is now gone!

If this thing creeps up on me again however, I think im going to just

But for now, in as far as I know, the problem looks to be fixed...and it had better stay that way too!
Old 07-16-2009, 05:52 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic Touch 4G

Imaginos knows their stuffImaginos knows their stuffImaginos knows their stuffImaginos knows their stuffImaginos knows their stuffImaginos knows their stuff
Send a message via ICQ to Imaginos

Interesting. I was having the same problem too. I installed WiFiRouter with UC but never configured or ran it. Something running all the time or a bad dll?
I have it installed on my recent reflash and don't have the 30-second issue right now. Hmm.
Old 07-16-2009, 07:00 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imaginos View Post
Interesting. I was having the same problem too. I installed WiFiRouter with UC but never configured or ran it. Something running all the time or a bad dll?
I have it installed on my recent reflash and don't have the 30-second issue right now. Hmm.
If it's Version 1.35 or older. chances are you'll be fine.

If however it's version 1.50, give it a day or so at the most, and you'll definitely have the backlight issue (assuming you soft-reset the phone a few times).

Version 1.52 as far as I can tell has thus far remedied the problem.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro