PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2009, 05:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

featips is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Phone signal too weak

Hello,

I installed Juicy 7 Kitchen on my Sprint Touch Pro. I found the cell phone signal bars is much less than what I previously have. Do I need to install the so-called 'radio'? I saw lots of 'radio' post flying here, but.......can not figure out how to do it.

Shall I install radio? In addition to consider carrier and model, anything elsi when choosing radio? Thanks.
Old 07-13-2009, 05:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

tkthatruth is becoming a great contributor
Re: Phone signal too weak

Here is a poll of peoples choice as far as radio:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=439566
Here is where to get them:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...ighlight=radio

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-13-2009, 05:30 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: samsung transform
Carrier: sprint

sugarkoalo2 is a n00b

just download one of the radio files that are posted in the forums, there are 11 of them i believe.. flashing the radio is basically just like flashing the rom
Old 07-13-2009, 07:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

featips is just getting started

I tried all of those radio files, all still give me just one tiny bar, the same as before I installed them.

However, I found even though I have one bar, I immedially have full bars when I dial a number. Does this mean the signal icon indeed is inaccurate?
Old 08-21-2009, 02:54 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc pRO2
Carrier: cELCOM

suhairy is a n00b

I noticed the phone signal bar in HTC touch pro2 is lower than normal symbian phone. Is this normal for device with WM?. Same thing i've observed in my previous Dopod device.
Old 08-21-2009, 10:24 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Evo Shift
Carrier: Sprint SEP 4G

elmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to elmerfudpucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by featips View Post
However, I found even though I have one bar, I immedially have full bars when I dial a number. Does this mean the signal icon indeed is inaccurate?

Radio is on a stand-by/ low power mode maybe? <---would be great to duplicate!!
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
Old 08-21-2009, 10:40 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO

zone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by featips View Post
Hello,

I installed Juicy 7 Kitchen on my Sprint Touch Pro. I found the cell phone signal bars is much less than what I previously have. Do I need to install the so-called 'radio'? I saw lots of 'radio' post flying here, but.......can not figure out how to do it.

Shall I install radio? In addition to consider carrier and model, anything elsi when choosing radio? Thanks.

Ha!Ha! I have found this to be true in many ROMs. I even at one time sent NRGZ a PM about it. I have found certain builds of NRGZs ROMs (for example) to show better signal than others. For example the latest build from NRGZ (8/11) shows 3 bars MAX. NRGZ 7/22 Build showed 5 bars all the time (I live next door to a tower). So I experimented and found (by using ##33284#) the signal strength registered by the phone was the same on both builds. Today I'm using Psyski's latest build and I get 5 bars all the time. Go figure. It seemed to me that when I get 5 bars I also get better battery life. I think it is related to the sys builds being used. NRGZ used a different SYS in the two different builds.

None of this is NRGZ fault he is just the chief I'm just using him as an example because those were the ROMs I was using. The bottom line is you need to use ##33284# to see were your signal strength really is and the bars probably mean nothing. Although I wonder if the phone is amping up and down the power to try and get a better signal but I don't know this.

I used two builds 7/22 and 8/1 (think it was) and every radio on those to builds and the signal strengths were all in the ball park of each other regardless of the number if bars I had.

Let me say this too based on the post below me, changing radios did not necessary get me more bars, every radio I tried which was ALL OF THEM the signal varied but the bars never went up. So the Verizon radio for example had the best signal by some amount of db but this did not get me 5 bars the bars stayed the same 3.

Last edited by zone23; 08-21-2009 at 10:52 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-21-2009, 10:41 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

osva is keeping up the good workosva is keeping up the good workosva is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkthatruth View Post
Here is a poll of peoples choice as far as radio:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=439566
I think those are gsm.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro