PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2009, 07:23 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO!

khmerbadass is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Exclamation Is tethering free (Sprint) with ICS Fix?

Just wandering if I install ICS fix (cab) is the tethering then free (as in I dont have to pay for the extra tethering package(I already have unlimited internet))?
Old 02-03-2009, 07:28 PM
Android Groupie
Pocket PC: Nexus One & EVO
Carrier: T-Mobile & Sprint

electronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to electronicrice
Re: Is tethering free (Sprint) with ICS Fix?

Quote:
Originally Posted by khmerbadass View Post
Just wandering if I install ICS fix (cab) is the tethering then free (as in I dont have to pay for the extra tethering package(I already have unlimited internet))?
if you have unlimited internet on your data plan, and you performed the ICS tweak in the registry, then while it technically isn't free, you will nto get charged for it.
Old 02-03-2009, 07:31 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions

so technically yes...it's free lol.

Best... Member... Ever...
Old 02-03-2009, 07:32 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

RicoRich196 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRicoRich196 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRicoRich196 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRicoRich196 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Wouldn't they notice by the usage?
Old 02-03-2009, 07:32 PM
Android Groupie

electronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by nautica2450 View Post
so technically yes...it's free lol.
well yes and no. tethering is supposed to be a charged service, but in this instance you won't get charged.

you know what i mean
Old 02-03-2009, 07:33 PM
Post Master General

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions

depends on how much usage we're talking about. I use WAY WAY more than the allotted 5 gig per month and have never had an issue... talking 50-75 gigs a month lol.
Old 02-03-2009, 07:33 PM
Android Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RicoRich196 View Post
Wouldn't they notice by the usage?
i've used gigs of data through my phone. for a time it was my only net connection in my home on using my router (which worked great btw). while they can check it, I've never been charged for it nor have i ever heard anything because of it
Old 02-03-2009, 07:35 PM
Post Master General

Quote:
Originally Posted by electronicrice View Post
i've used gigs of data through my phone. for a time it was my only net connection in my home on using my router (which worked great btw). while they can check it, I've never been charged for it nor have i ever heard anything because of it
same here, tethering IS my only net connection for home comp use.
Old 02-03-2009, 07:40 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO!
Threadstarter

khmerbadass is a n00b

roger, i understand them being able to detect it and stuff, im actually asking for a friend, I use VZW TP so i know mines free, i just didnt know about sprint. TYVM for input =)
Old 02-03-2009, 07:42 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO, 2x TOUCH PRO2
Carrier: SPRINT

rose1 knows their stuffrose1 knows their stuffrose1 knows their stuffrose1 knows their stuffrose1 knows their stuffrose1 knows their stuffrose1 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to rose1

I hate to be the forum troll but stop being cheap guys and pay for internet. This is why sprint is cutting 8000 employees. Because of cheapskates like you.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro