PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2009, 12:50 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Hero (Backup), Samsung Epic (Current)
Carrier: Sprint

iviyth0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulariviyth0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulariviyth0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulariviyth0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to iviyth0s
Who else hates the Touch Pro 2's keyboard??

I was wondering if anyone is kinda PO'd about the TP2 having less keys then the TP has. I mean yeah it will be *easier* to use but I've never found the TP's keyboard hard to use at all and it has way more functionality then the new one does. Isn't the beauty of having a Windows Mobile phone is functionality?? I wish they kept the same keyboard instead of the same processor and stuff, which actually NEEDS the improvement haha. Who's with me?? (and no I haven't tried it myself yet, but I imagine it's more like a sidekick/Rant/Rumor etc.)
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 07-12-2009, 02:29 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2

frazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Who else hates the Touch Pro 2's keyboard??

I'm with you!

The Touch Pro 2 is a pure let down. I guess HTC will milk those willing to shell out anything to them before the WinMo 7 devices. I'm skipping until WinMo 7 devices hit.

Screwed KB, same hardware, no flash, no d-pad... All I can really grab at are slightly larger screen & gsm roaming... Neither worth an upgrade for me.
Free Disposable Email: MyTrashMail
Old 07-12-2009, 02:33 AM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

yea, try using the phone on a dusty road, touchflo is not compatible..
oh wait, tp's have a keyboard? too bad no mouse.

Last edited by shaggylive; 07-12-2009 at 02:38 AM.
Old 07-12-2009, 02:34 AM
Just call me Dr. Doctor
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: Bitch ass, big red

mlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

I haven't used it yet, but I think the keyboard looks infinitly better
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-12-2009, 05:17 AM
Hercules Valvalotus
Pocket PC: Nokia N900 as my tablet Tmo G2 for my phone
Carrier: T-mobile & Google Voice

TheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to TheRealHotshot Send a message via MSN to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Yahoo to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Skype™ to TheRealHotshot
Thumbs up Re: Who else hates the Touch Pro 2's keyboard??

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlin View Post
I haven't used it yet, but I think the keyboard looks infinitly better
+1 for that post I'm with you on that. I mean seriously you lose a "few" keys but you get a better more spaced out keyboard. Like the tp keyboard but keys so cramped harder to type but that's just for me

*formerly known as Not_A_Stain*

GOOGLE WAVE USER
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-12-2009, 05:26 AM
i don't miss blackberry
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S3
Carrier: Sprint PCS

ou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuff

the entire phone looks infinitely better. the buttons don't appear to have the same "about to fall off" feel, and the dpad on the tp is such a letdown that getting rid of it was the only logical step, i wish my phone didn't have it in the first place because its virtually useless. up and down aren't bad, but left are right result in either hanging up (which closes whatever program you're using, or hitting the back button, hitting home, or worse yet, calling somebody. its the worst design i've ever seen for anything. my dell axim x30 had an amazing dpad because it worked perfectly. the tilt's dpad is great also. they somehow managed to mess up a dpad, i don't know who approved its design, but the entire assembly is a mess.

i'll be getting a tp2 when it comes to sprint merely to get rid of the current hardware quirks of my tp. i'd be willing to deal with a new set of problems in a heart beat at this point. my volume buttons, and power button don't click anymore, the volume buttons get stuck in the up or down position that can only be corrected by prying them up with a nail file. this phone is the most amazingly unfunctional device i've ever seen for the money.
Old 07-12-2009, 10:19 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVOlution!

heydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to heydjbobby74 Send a message via Yahoo to heydjbobby74 Send a message via Skype™ to heydjbobby74

Yeah the phone looks better, but do you really want to spend a couple hundred dollars to get something that looks better?
I think its a waste of money, I too will be waiting for the WinMo7 devices, then I'll probably wait a while longer to see what feedback those devices get!
I LOVE my TP. No issues whatsoever with it! As long as its running, I don't see why I would leave it at all until it breaks from usage... peace my brothers

http://www.heydjbobby.com/
Audiovox 6700> Samsung i760> HTC Touch Pro> HTC Touch Pro2> HTC HeRooted> HTC EVOlutionized!
Old 07-12-2009, 10:22 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Let the EVO-lution Begin!!

southphillysean knows their stuffsouthphillysean knows their stuffsouthphillysean knows their stuffsouthphillysean knows their stuffsouthphillysean knows their stuffsouthphillysean knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to southphillysean Send a message via Yahoo to southphillysean

well i am jaked to get the TP2.
Old 07-12-2009, 11:58 AM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

umm have any of you even held or used a TP2??? im gonna guess its a no, so how does anyone really know?

it looks better.. bigger keys, offset keys(like a real keyboard is).. im sure itll be easier to type.. they can take off the whole row of top numbers imho... half the time i still hit "
fn" then hit a number anyways so i personally wouldnt mind having to do this again..

i think itll be better...especially for people who dont have the tiny hands that the original TP though we all had lol
Old 07-12-2009, 12:59 PM
VGhhbmtzIGZvciBwbGF5aW5nI
Pocket PC: Omnia II
Carrier: Telus

CovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealHotshot View Post
+1 for that post I'm with you on that. I mean seriously you lose a "few" keys but you get a better more spaced out keyboard. Like the tp keyboard but keys so cramped harder to type but that's just for me
+1 here too. I haven't used it yet either but I just remember going from a 6800 to the TP and finding the keyboard cramped in comparision. I'm looking forward to trying it, but that's only my opinion. Each to their own, and everyone will always have a different need or preference to the next guy. I will end on this note....I find I use the slide out kbd less on the TP than I did on the 6800 for small amounts of typing, and I can only believe that's because the TP keyboard is hit and miss with the cramped non-offset layout.

Last edited by CovKid66; 07-12-2009 at 01:02 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro