PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2009, 05:12 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

umop3pisdn is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Garmin Mobile XT, GPS, Data Connection Required?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mylt1 View Post
unless you used some type of end program to actually shut down HTC GPS tools it was running the whole time and probably locked on to the sats and you just didnt know it. after the first lock unless you turn the phone off it will continue to keep that lock. as far as quickGPS i still have not seen where that helps me get a lock any faster.
I used Garmin First and gave it 10 minutes of clear sky access time to get a sat lock, then I exited it and opened HTC GPS Tools and tried again. The HTC tools didn't even show any raw data that the GPS was being initialized in Cold, Warm or Hot start mode. Gave it 10 minutes as well and not sat lock and not data evident. Went inside. activated the phone, confirmed that it was activated and went back outside. Fired up Garmin and got sat lock on less than 1 minute. Exited Garmin and ran HTC GPS Tools and it showed Raw GPS data and got sat lock in less than 10 minutes also.
Old 07-16-2009, 05:17 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

umop3pisdn is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hex View Post
again... no connection required...

my old disconnected Touch/Vogue is now a handheld/visor mounted Garmin XT gps...
I know that, thanks. I have an old deactivated mogul that I decided to test Garmin on last night and it still worked. But in my case it appears that the GPS was disabled until the TP was activted with the carrier.
Old 07-16-2009, 05:40 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: VZN TP
Carrier: VZN

Mylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

the GPS does not magically work because you activated it. the GPS chip is stand alone and does not require cell service to work or to be activated before it works.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro