PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2009, 11:28 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

iljacksoniii is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thumbs up OEM Organizing?

Hello fellow members. This will be my first post so be easy on me ..Ive been on this site and xda for about 2 years now and im finally getting into cooking my own rom. Yet I prefer to do this from scratch, rather than just download a kitchen change a few packages and call it my own. I've actually been doing a lil cooking already. Xip and Sys porting, making my own oem, reg entries, alot...lol. Yet i just cant seem to organize my oemapps into their own seperate packages. Dont worry i have searched my a** off and still cant seem to find a tutorial or some instructions on how to do that on my own. Ive read about going thru the initflashfiles yet that file doesnt seem to cover all the files with in that folder. So im just asking if anybody can help me understand the process of which some of you Expert chefs go about doing this. Or at least point me in the right direction for the information I need.
Thanks and Love what you guys have been doing with the site over the years. Lots of helpful info.
Old 07-13-2009, 11:48 AM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level
Re: OEM Organizing?

You can do this by creating a couple of blank OEMs. How I do it is create a blank one, then copy it to several OEM's and rename them....

YouTube_OEM
1_OEM
2_OEM

Then go back change the *.RGU, *.DSM and the entry inside the options.xml file so all the RGUID's match. Like so, editing the last 3 numbers of the RGUID in ALL 3 locations:

YouTube_OEM RGUID's: e29023a8-1df6-47e1-8b01-4c94430ec001
1_OEM RGUID's: e29023a8-1df6-47e1-8b01-4c94430ec002
2_OEM RGUID's: e29023a8-1df6-47e1-8b01-4c94430ec003

Then use an existing OEM as a guide to pull the files needed out of OEMAPPS into your new OEMS. Don't forget the registry entries out of the RGU and the file movement commands out of the initflashfiles.txt files...

Further OEM references are here :
[TUT] Creating OEM's for your ROM
This tutorial will help you create OEM's for your Roms.

Or you could just drop an OEM into your kitchens OEM directory, then delete the duplicates out of the OEMAPPS directory...

Goodluck!

edit: I always take the complicated road first! lol...

Last edited by rstoyguy; 07-13-2009 at 11:53 AM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 07-13-2009, 11:53 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

iljacksoniii is a n00b
Talking Re: OEM Organizing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstoyguy View Post
You can do this by creating a couple of blank OEMs. How I do it is create a blank one, then copy it to several OEM's and rename them....

YouTube_OEM
1_OEM
2_OEM

Then go back change the *.RGU, *.DSM and the entry inside the options.xml file so all the RGUID's match. Like so, editing the last 3 numbers of the RGUID in ALL 3 locations:

YouTube_OEM RGUID's: e29023a8-1df6-47e1-8b01-4c94430ec001
1_OEM RGUID's: e29023a8-1df6-47e1-8b01-4c94430ec002
2_OEM RGUID's: e29023a8-1df6-47e1-8b01-4c94430ec003

Then use an existing OEM as a guide to pull the files needed out of OEMAPPS into your new OEMS. Don't forget the registry entries out of the RGU and the file movement commands out of the initflashfiles.txt files...

Further OEM references are here :
[TUT] Creating OEM's for your ROMThis tutorial will help you create OEM's for your Roms.

Or you could just drop an OEM into your kitchens OEM directory, then delete the duplicates out of the OEMAPPS directory...

Goodluck!

edit: I always take the complicated road first! lol...
thanks for the damn quick response lol...Would you happen to have a stock oem folder i can use a reference? that is already seperated
Old 07-13-2009, 11:56 AM
SuperNoob

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level

Use the following tutorial to decompile the stock rom:

How to Customize a Custom Rom: Adding/Removing Programs
Does your favorite Chef include files/programs that you don't use? This will show you how to delete those programs you don't use and insert the ones that you do use! (This method doesn't always work with a PPCKitchen.org custom rom).

I did this to the Diamond rom, but not yet for your device....
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-13-2009, 12:02 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

iljacksoniii is a n00b

koo i appreciate the help....ill do my best lol ..ohh and i have all or your tutorials....helps me get by .. thanks again
Old 07-13-2009, 12:05 PM
SuperNoob

That's what were here for! And I must compliment you on your first post, that was a great question after 1 1/2 years of lurking/absorbing! Any more questions, feel free to ask...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro