PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   blackberry tour? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=74547)

mrmet044 07-12-2009 06:23 PM

blackberry tour?

hello all. anyone have any opinions or thoughts in regards to the blackberry tour by sprint coming out soon. pros or cons. i currently have the touch pro and was wondering how the two stack up against each other. thanks all for your input

stevedusa 07-12-2009 06:30 PM

Re: blackberry tour?

Well first of all, you can't quite directly compare them. It's like compare a pear with an orange. Yes they are both fruits but they aren't just the same.

The OS is different, the market is different. BB is great at email, and good at other things but has somewhat limited functions on other ends such as multimedia and application supports. However big enterprises loves them because the direct email PUSH and security abilities. Just keep in mind that you are going to end up getting a new (and most likely more expensive) plan for BB devices due to their special requirements.

As for Windows Mobile-based devices, well... it's easier to compare in this case. A lot of applications and customizations, multimedia (video driver, HTC!!!!!!!111!11! one one one) and Exchange support (which is a plus for big enterprises as well).

It's just what I think personally. Bottom line. If email and security is critical for you, then BB might be a better choice. Otherwise, WM-based devices.

mrmet044 07-12-2009 06:34 PM

thanks for your insight. so wait for the touch pro 2?

Darkjedi 07-12-2009 06:46 PM

Different phones for different purposes. BB's are much more business oriented intended for connectivity. The Windows Mobile/Touch Pro is geared more towards a multimedia type phone.

BBs are also likely easier to use than Windows Mobile as their OS is much simpler than WM.

w7excursion 07-12-2009 07:13 PM

And better battery life,louder speaker,and a better camera. I ordered one today. Not sure Ill keep it but this might hold me over until the tp2.

CovKid66 07-12-2009 07:59 PM

Interesting question...and timing. If you follow the Juicy ROMs closely you'll probably know he may be switching to a Tour. You may find some interesting feedback, all be it somewhat one side (nobody wants to see him go), in this thread but it's a huge thread that's related to his WM6.5 ROM, so you'll want to use the "Search this Thread" tool and search for "tour" to find the comments.

Hope this helps.

jmorton10 07-12-2009 08:21 PM

Heck, when I replace my TP's I want a bigger screen not a smaller one..............

~John

Elite Precision 07-13-2009 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmorton10 (Post 1031725)
Heck, when I replace my TP's I want a bigger screen not a smaller one..............

~John

Damn right, Touch Pro 2 is without a doubt my next phone. I cannot wait.

psycho_maniac 07-13-2009 02:02 AM

i barley used a blackberry and i dont like them. i hate the internet on there. you scroll up with the BALL like 50 times when on my tp i have to pan up maybe 3 times :)

Birdie 07-13-2009 02:53 AM

It's something you have to get used too. Just like how you first got used to the touch screen. I personally think the BB Tour is an amazing phone with nice styling.