PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2009, 03:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

featips is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Need a fast, reliable and not necessarily fancy ROM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yay 4 Juggs View Post
if you want to have a go at a fast stable 6.1 here is my latest build that i have been using for a while now...http://www.lilrico.com/Y4J/Y4J10.rar i still havent perfected my 6.5 rom yet so 6.1 is very suited.
Thanks a lot.
Old 07-13-2009, 03:33 PM
Threadstarter
Pocket PC: HTC Rhodium 400

t0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to t0mmyr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yay 4 Juggs View Post
if you want to have a go at a fast stable 6.1 here is my latest build that i have been using for a while now...http://www.lilrico.com/Y4J/Y4J10.rar i still havent perfected my 6.5 rom yet so 6.1 is very suited.
how old is that? i haven't seen u post any information on it unless its a really old thread which i dont think u would link to right now, can u clue me in to whats included? i want to try it out when i get back home from work to now, off to work now...thanks y4j

Old 07-13-2009, 03:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

In last 24 hours, I tested almost all 'sticky' ROMs in this forum, all have some sort of issues or problems except MightROM6. Previously I used MithyROM 5 for 2 months, no problem. The only problem of MightyROM is some OEM applications are not installed.

So, I am curious why you guys seldom mention MightyROM? Any 'serious' issues with it? Or, just: why you do not like it? I almost never had issue with MightyROM, but maybe I missed something? Thanks for your input about your experience with MightyROM.
Old 07-13-2009, 03:47 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Juggs is in the MOMENT

Yay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by t0mmyr View Post
how old is that? i haven't seen u post any information on it unless its a really old thread which i dont think u would link to right now, can u clue me in to whats included? i want to try it out when i get back home from work to now, off to work now...thanks y4j
the rom is not that old...its a previously unreleased version of the y4j rom...i last left the building community with 8.0...this is version 10...much more stable...better battery life and no bloat what so ever. I build roms for everyday use and leave out the gimmicks and filler for the celebs.

Old 07-13-2009, 05:30 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Matt is keeping up the good workMatt is keeping up the good work

I can attest that if you want a great 6.1 Rom, yay 4 juggs is the way to go. .08 is great, I keep going back to it.

DCDs might be the fastest rom I've ever used. I'll check out that yay4juggs 10.
Old 07-13-2009, 06:14 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: touch pro 2/treo pro/mogul
Carrier: sprint

miketab is keeping up the good workmiketab is keeping up the good workmiketab is keeping up the good work

try mighty/silence, this is fast and stable truly amazing feet. Mightyrom6 is also stable but I think 6.1 is the way to go at this point, altough 6.5 is usuable, just not as fast as 6.1.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-13-2009, 07:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by miketab View Post
try mighty/silence, this is fast and stable truly amazing feet. Mightyrom6 is also stable but I think 6.1 is the way to go at this point, altough 6.5 is usuable, just not as fast as 6.1.
After trying a lot on 6.5, I plan to stick with 6.1 for a while. WIll try silence/Mighty. Thanks.
Old 07-13-2009, 10:27 PM
domo arigato mr roboto
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment
Carrier: Sprint since Feb 11, 2002

elephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

I agree with Sporkman, just do your own research and determine what you think or deem best for your situation. I too used to use MightROM, then I tried SSS and now I'm on Energy... All of the ROMS have their huge advantages over OEM ROM and they also have vast differences between the each of them... again, all the ROMS I have tried I have enjoyed because I took the time to read the threads and researched... then installed on my device..

What I've used
MightROM (Both Versions he has for Touch Pro)
JuicyROM
SsSROM
EnergyROM (Currently Utilizing)

Last edited by elephant007; 07-13-2009 at 10:29 PM. Reason: for content
Old 07-14-2009, 11:02 AM
w2n
Lurker
Pocket PC: ppc6950 touch pro

w2n is a n00b

i'll echo the love for speed with DCD's roms; not a big fan of WM6.5, WM6.1 suites my needs just fine & speed with DCD is incredible... i push my device rather hard & i've only had DCD lock up once which i'm rather sure was my fault. i easily move about 4Gb+ worth of e-mail each year, and that's not considering i use my PPC as a GPS device, txting (about 200 per month), daily websearches, IM, & occasional camera use. no music and very little BT use (maybe twice a month in the car). wifi is also barely used, mostly as a 2nd opinion if i can't connect w/ my laptop.

Last edited by w2n; 07-14-2009 at 11:07 AM.
Old 07-16-2009, 01:38 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: sprint

zenboy44 is a n00b

so featips,
you started this thread, what ROM did you finally decide to settle on?

Curious as do your choice!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro