PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2009, 05:10 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

mgioia2 knows their stuffmgioia2 knows their stuffmgioia2 knows their stuffmgioia2 knows their stuffmgioia2 knows their stuffmgioia2 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Need a fast, reliable and not necessarily fancy ROM

If you want fast, stable, and no nonsense go with JD's suggestion...his or DCD's...install just the things you want and you won't have anything to worry about...
Old 07-12-2009, 05:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

fowen is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by t0mmyr View Post
allow me to modify my list with a little detail after reading your last post, these are roms i would recommend

juicy 8, wm6.5 very up to date and clean professional looking rom, not much multimedia built in but im sure youtube and opera are built in a quick

psyki 3, wm6.1 very smooth eye candy filled rom (my personal favorite), very stable, odd but great memory management, good battery life

energy rom, wm6.5 very eye candy filled, smooth customized rom, a couple versions to choose from depending what home shell u prefer and which dialer u want

dcd rom, wm6.5 very clean basic rom, has no shell installed so you'll have to install one or use titanium (i cant recall if its included), very fast but again very basic

those are my top 4, try them out, id like to hear which you like the best, #2 and #3 are loaded with stuff, #3 more so but im sticking with psyki rom cuz its been real stable the past 2 months
I would like to try the WM 6.5 rom by dcd but I can't seem to find it. Can you point me in the right direction?
Old 07-12-2009, 06:41 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro & Touch

delawaresace is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardelawaresace is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardelawaresace is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardelawaresace is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

+1 for DCD. fast and stable i'm running 1.08 now (couldn't get vlingo to work with 1.09) and love it. warning though, it's stripped, you have to install what you want. the good thing is that DCD has made .cab for all the most popular and needed things and hosts them on his site. click my sig.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-12-2009, 06:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

featips is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by delawaresace View Post
+1 for DCD. fast and stable i'm running 1.08 now (couldn't get vlingo to work with 1.09) and love it. warning though, it's stripped, you have to install what you want. the good thing is that DCD has made .cab for all the most popular and needed things and hosts them on his site. click my sig.
Thank you very very much. You signature picture is really very helpful.
Old 07-12-2009, 07:48 PM
Threadstarter
Pocket PC: HTC Rhodium 400

t0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to t0mmyr

Quote:
Originally Posted by fowen View Post
I would like to try the WM 6.5 rom by dcd but I can't seem to find it. Can you point me in the right direction?
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=69754

make sure to read the first post because ur internet wont work until u install a carrier cab after flashing

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-12-2009, 09:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

featips is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by t0mmyr View Post
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=69754

make sure to read the first post because ur internet wont work until u install a carrier cab after flashing
Hi T0mmyr,

I installed DCD ROM, looks very nice. I also installed the cabs provided by the dcd download folder.

Then I download Opera mobile 9.7 (and a touchscreen-based plugin) from its official site, installed them. When I start Opera, it got very les responsive. Also, the zoom in/out does not work. I search the DCD-ROM post, finding that some other guys also had similar problem, but looks like no solution. Do you have Opera problem?

Also, you mentioned that voice command does not work for v1.09, so I also installed V1.08. A stupid question, where to find the voice command function? Previously when I use my Mogul, voice command works well. Now I switch to TP, can not find this function......

Last edited by featips; 07-12-2009 at 09:29 PM.
Old 07-13-2009, 01:31 AM
Threadstarter

t0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributions

there is a cab for the voice command somewhere on the forums, as far as the opera i dont know, im running psyki rom and it already includes a really really fast opera. i'd recommend posting your questions in the dcd thread as other users may have more experience and u may get an answer from dcd himself, i just started that thread to make people aware dcd was back, i'm no way the creator, all credit goes to dcd
Old 07-13-2009, 04:37 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible
Carrier: Verizon

Weapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuff

ok, I recommend DemolitionRom and MightyRoms for this i downloaded DiamondTweek on my phone and use it everytime I flash a new rom. Mostly because no matter how fast the rom is, its not fast enough for me (i like a rom that will freaking know what button im going to push before I even push it). With that said, i have noticed that no matter what rom I install, once I activate DiamondTweek and change my settings then that rom is good for me.

DavidinCT "I was going to say something like......So I bumped into your girl and noticed the cheeze...then she said she was happy to find a real man....but, I just cant"
Old 07-13-2009, 04:46 AM
Threadstarter

just curious what settings u have to change and to what to see the speed of your performance go up, i would like to try out your settings and see if i notice any difference
Old 07-13-2009, 04:53 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible
Carrier: Verizon

Weapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuff

i take it your talking to him? :/

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro