PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2009, 01:26 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: 3

Green_Saints is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question Removing Today Softkey Bottom Bar

Hi,

I'm using the iPhoneToday plugin that I picked up from XDA, and would like to remove the bottom bar so I can have more icons.

I've tried nuenobar versions 1.3 and 2, dcinobar and vjtodaytoggle and NOTHING works! This is what I've had with each program: -

nuenobar (1.3 and 2) - nothing happens!
dcinobar - nothing happens!
vjtodaytoggle - everything moves up the screen (i.e. if there are 4 rows of icons, 2 disappear) and then the phone freezes

Any ideas on how to get rid of the bottom bar?

Thanks

Oh - and I am a girl by the way
Old 07-12-2009, 01:32 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
Re: Removing Today Softkey Bottom Bar

theres a app to change what the softkeys open,(contacts,calander) will that help? http://www.freewarepocketpc.net/ppc-...-softkeys.html
Old 07-12-2009, 02:03 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10
Carrier: Sprint

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

are you talking about the 4 icons at the bottom of the screen, not the actual app buttons right? id think if anything, youd have to edit them out of the plugin altogether.. i mean thats just what the iphone looks like... i think point UI has the same deal with default tabs at the bottom too.. without those tabs, youd just have a today screen with an app launcher plugin really...
Old 07-12-2009, 02:31 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Green_Saints is a n00b

Hi,

Thanks for your replies.

I need the bottom bar totally removed so I can have more icons. Attached is a picture - where it says "contacts" and "touchflo" thats the bar I want to get rid of.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg iClone.jpg (60.7 KB, 38 views) Click for barcode!
Old 07-12-2009, 02:39 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Green_Saints is a n00b

This is what I want it to look like.

nuenobar works for other TP users (so I gather) but I don't know why it doesn't work for me
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2009 04 30_17 38 09_0004_111.JPG (17.4 KB, 27 views) Click for barcode!
Old 07-12-2009, 03:03 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10
Carrier: Sprint

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

u can use UITweeker to black out the lettering and it will appear to have a solid bottom bar... if you notice in yoour 2nd posted pic, the "..." didnt move down any, it doesnt appear it will actually give you more any more room for icons...

youll still get to keep your softkeys this way just wont have to read the lettering..

im curious what makes this an iphone theme?? just that today launcher?? i use a much better option if your really just wanting a home page to look that way... heres a screen shot from 1 of my TPs home screen, i launch like you do, i can fit infinite numbers of icons as well...i can fit 5 rows with 6 icons per row, without needing a scroll bar if i take the calender plug in out.. plus theres more options that that even
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ScreenShot4.jpg (16.1 KB, 32 views) Click for barcode!
Attached Files
File Type: cab UITweaker.CAB (116.6 KB, 10 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by boredandtattooed; 07-12-2009 at 03:12 PM.
Old 07-14-2009, 05:04 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Green_Saints is a n00b

Hi,

Sorry for the late reply.

That screen shot wasn't the best - but I managed to get my bottom bar to disappear. Used NueNoBar and then soft resetted and it was fine! Why it didn't work the other 1000 times, I don't know!

Here's the link for the plugin The reason I use it is because TouchFlo was very slow when scrolling (even with the tweaks) and I liked the layout of the programs tab (i.e. all the icons together) but could only fit a few in

I dislike iPhones just like everyone else!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-14-2009, 10:50 PM
Super Senior VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 6p
Carrier: Att StraightTalk

psycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to psycho_maniac Send a message via Skype™ to psycho_maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green_Saints View Post
I dislike iPhones just like everyone else!
Then why make your phone look like one and ppl looking at your phone will ASSUME you have an iphone. then you have to explain that its not andt hat you hate iphones
Old 06-19-2010, 09:52 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Ozone,Diam,Imagio,TPro2,Opt-S,EVO,3VO,E4GT
Carrier: Boost (CDMA)

m4f1050 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularm4f1050 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularm4f1050 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularm4f1050 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularm4f1050 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

nueNoBar (v1.3 nor v2) didn't work for me on a Touch Pro2, neither did dciNoBar. Still looking for a solution to this..

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro