PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2009, 12:52 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

tkthatruth is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Exclamation Ultimate CAB file?

Is there a way to have a cab that installs all my applications for me after flashing a new ROM to my Touch Pro?

Old 07-12-2009, 01:24 AM
VIP Duck
Pocket PC: RAPHAEL / TOPAZ / RHODIUM
Carrier: Verizon

NinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the community
Re: Ultimate CAB file?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkthatruth View Post
Is there a way to have a cab that installs all my applications for me after flashing a new ROM to my Touch Pro?
Read up on UC.

Check out SDConfigGen to generate the scripts for you:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=411988

It is pretty easy. You can also export your registry settings and it will apply them for you as well, so your apps will be just as you left them.

You have some reading to do. This is also a thread that people have posted many sample provisioning scripts in this forum. That will be helpful if you want to write your own.

There are other options as well.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-12-2009, 08:27 PM
VGhhbmtzIGZvciBwbGF5aW5nI
Pocket PC: Omnia II
Carrier: Telus

CovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIP

Quote:
You may also want to look at Sashimi. I used UC until I finally took some time to watch the videos and do some basic reading on that site. I started simple by adding a few of my favourite cab files to the Auto\Cab folder (follow the video's on the site and you'll undersatand). I'm at the point now where 100% of my cabs are installed, 100% of my registration details are loaded via REG files for me (no more entering registration details manually!), and about 90% of the program customizations are all done via the Sashimi application after a flash. Very cool and quite straight forward for the most part if you're willing to spend a short time learning it.

This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 07-12-2009, 09:02 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Dream, Kaiser, Herman
Carrier: rogers

dan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIP

ocp software wince cab manager, create your own cabs
Old 07-12-2009, 09:07 PM
VIP n00b
Pocket PC: iPhone
Carrier: AT&T

Rusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to Rusty Duck

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan-htc-touch View Post
ocp software wince cab manager, create your own cabs
Easier said than done for a novice geeker (an not cheap) but great idea. I would stick with UC and I think there is even a exe for your desktop that will build the UC file for you.

Old 07-12-2009, 09:12 PM
Retired Staff-MordyT.com
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

MordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the community

How about AirWizard?
http://www.teksoftco.com/index.php?s...atform=1&pid=4
Originally Posted by CozBoogie View Post
5. Everyone who thanks my post will receive instant karma!
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyers2114 View Post
MordyT is right.
Old 07-12-2009, 09:42 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro2 CDMA
Carrier: Alltel (Verizon)

codybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIP

I second Sashimi.
Easy to use.
Setup, etc.

I mean they even have video tutorials on how to setup everything.
I have it do absolutely EVERYTHING from installing custom taskbar, to reg tweaks, to mortscripts, to contact backups, to....well you get the idea.
Old 07-12-2009, 10:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Threadstarter

tkthatruth is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by covkid66 View Post
You may also want to look at Sashimi. I used UC until I finally took some time to watch the videos and do some basic reading on that site. I started simple by adding a few of my favourite cab files to the Auto\Cab folder (follow the video's on the site and you'll undersatand). I'm at the point now where 100% of my cabs are installed, 100% of my registration details are loaded via REG files for me (no more entering registration details manually!), and about 90% of the program customizations are all done via the Sashimi application after a flash. Very cool and quite straight forward for the most part if you're willing to spend a short time learning it.
You are awesome, thanks so much.
Old 07-12-2009, 10:58 PM
VGhhbmtzIGZvciBwbGF5aW5nI
Pocket PC: Omnia II
Carrier: Telus

CovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIP

Quote:
You are awesome, thanks so much.
NP. Have fun...that's what it's all about. You'll probably get to the point where you've flashed and reinstalled / reconfig'ed everything in a fraction of the time it used to take you and you're left thinking "damn, I'm bored now....when is the next ROM coming???"
Old 07-13-2009, 02:55 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro2 CDMA
Carrier: Alltel (Verizon)

codybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by covkid66 View Post
NP. Have fun...that's what it's all about. You'll probably get to the point where you've flashed and reinstalled / reconfig'ed everything in a fraction of the time it used to take you and you're left thinking "damn, I'm bored now....when is the next ROM coming???"
haha.
that's when I started studying titanium. lol

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro