PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Who else hates the Touch Pro 2's keyboard?? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=74490)

iviyth0s 07-12-2009 12:50 AM

Who else hates the Touch Pro 2's keyboard??

I was wondering if anyone is kinda PO'd about the TP2 having less keys then the TP has. I mean yeah it will be *easier* to use but I've never found the TP's keyboard hard to use at all and it has way more functionality then the new one does. Isn't the beauty of having a Windows Mobile phone is functionality?? I wish they kept the same keyboard instead of the same processor and stuff, which actually NEEDS the improvement haha. Who's with me?? (and no I haven't tried it myself yet, but I imagine it's more like a sidekick/Rant/Rumor etc.)

frazell 07-12-2009 02:29 AM

Re: Who else hates the Touch Pro 2's keyboard??

I'm with you!

The Touch Pro 2 is a pure let down. I guess HTC will milk those willing to shell out anything to them before the WinMo 7 devices. I'm skipping until WinMo 7 devices hit.

Screwed KB, same hardware, no flash, no d-pad... All I can really grab at are slightly larger screen & gsm roaming... Neither worth an upgrade for me.

shaggylive 07-12-2009 02:33 AM

yea, try using the phone on a dusty road, touchflo is not compatible..
oh wait, tp's have a keyboard? too bad no mouse.

mlin 07-12-2009 02:34 AM

I haven't used it yet, but I think the keyboard looks infinitly better

TheRealHotshot 07-12-2009 05:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlin (Post 1030509)
I haven't used it yet, but I think the keyboard looks infinitly better

+1 for that post I'm with you on that. I mean seriously you lose a "few" keys but you get a better more spaced out keyboard. Like the tp keyboard but keys so cramped harder to type but that's just for me

ou2mame 07-12-2009 05:26 AM

the entire phone looks infinitely better. the buttons don't appear to have the same "about to fall off" feel, and the dpad on the tp is such a letdown that getting rid of it was the only logical step, i wish my phone didn't have it in the first place because its virtually useless. up and down aren't bad, but left are right result in either hanging up (which closes whatever program you're using, or hitting the back button, hitting home, or worse yet, calling somebody. its the worst design i've ever seen for anything. my dell axim x30 had an amazing dpad because it worked perfectly. the tilt's dpad is great also. they somehow managed to mess up a dpad, i don't know who approved its design, but the entire assembly is a mess.

i'll be getting a tp2 when it comes to sprint merely to get rid of the current hardware quirks of my tp. i'd be willing to deal with a new set of problems in a heart beat at this point. my volume buttons, and power button don't click anymore, the volume buttons get stuck in the up or down position that can only be corrected by prying them up with a nail file. this phone is the most amazingly unfunctional device i've ever seen for the money.

heydjbobby74 07-12-2009 10:19 AM

Yeah the phone looks better, but do you really want to spend a couple hundred dollars to get something that looks better?
I think its a waste of money, I too will be waiting for the WinMo7 devices, then I'll probably wait a while longer to see what feedback those devices get!
I LOVE my TP. No issues whatsoever with it! As long as its running, I don't see why I would leave it at all until it breaks from usage... peace my brothers

southphillysean 07-12-2009 10:22 AM

well i am jaked to get the TP2.

boredandtattooed 07-12-2009 11:58 AM

umm have any of you even held or used a TP2??? im gonna guess its a no, so how does anyone really know?

it looks better.. bigger keys, offset keys(like a real keyboard is).. im sure itll be easier to type.. they can take off the whole row of top numbers imho... half the time i still hit "
fn" then hit a number anyways so i personally wouldnt mind having to do this again..

i think itll be better...especially for people who dont have the tiny hands that the original TP though we all had lol

CovKid66 07-12-2009 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheRealHotshot (Post 1030578)
+1 for that post I'm with you on that. I mean seriously you lose a "few" keys but you get a better more spaced out keyboard. Like the tp keyboard but keys so cramped harder to type but that's just for me

+1 here too. I haven't used it yet either but I just remember going from a 6800 to the TP and finding the keyboard cramped in comparision. I'm looking forward to trying it, but that's only my opinion. Each to their own, and everyone will always have a different need or preference to the next guy. I will end on this note....I find I use the slide out kbd less on the TP than I did on the 6800 for small amounts of typing, and I can only believe that's because the TP keyboard is hit and miss with the cramped non-offset layout.