PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Do you have the same problem as I do? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=74424)

CuzinBucksBx 07-11-2009 08:16 AM

Do you have the same problem as I do?

Good Morning everyone..( 8:13am ) Every morning when I head to work I will connect my headset and listening to music but there a problem. My touch pro will make a phone call with out me making one. Every time i connect my headphones it just makes phone call when ever it likes...Remind you this is my 4 Touch Pro and they all have the same freaking issue. I am this close to change my phone to a Palm Pre...Who else have the same problem that I have?

jason25 07-11-2009 08:24 AM

Re: Do you have the same problem as I do?

I don't have that problem, but what ROM are you running?

southphillysean 07-11-2009 08:26 AM

i think u might be alone with this issue, but give us as much info as you can. what rom are you using? radio( if you know).

insomniac 07-11-2009 08:58 AM

This was happening to me and I went through 3 touch pros all doing that, still have the third one, and when I went to plug in the touch pro (in mass storage mode to transfer music), Norton was already scanning, as it is set to do daily, and it caught what it called trojan.dropper on a cab file on my storage card on a cab called ppod, maybe my roomate downloaded it, she also uses my phone, a lot. i dont know what ppod is but as soon as Norton cleared it, that cab was deleted, I also did a hard reset after that, and everything is normal, of all the roms I flashed and 2 pros tp's I returned, it was because of that, and i have only had the tp since april, i was ready to reconnect my mogul and screw the tp, but found the issue.

pastafarian 07-11-2009 09:38 AM

Is the phone calling the last number you called or received? Maybe you're inadvertently hitting the dial button on the headset (or the phone) when you connect it? My phone has made phantom calls from my pocket, a issue with all touch screen phones and I've made phantom calls when the dial button of the headset was pressed while in my pocket. I've never had a phone make a call due to the headset connecting.

pastafarian 07-11-2009 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by insomniac (Post 1029024)
This was happening to me and I went through 3 touch pros all doing that, still have the third one, and when I went to plug in the touch pro (in mass storage mode to transfer music), Norton was already scanning, as it is set to do daily, and it caught what it called trojan.dropper on a cab file on my storage card on a cab called ppod, maybe my roomate downloaded it, she also uses my phone, a lot. i dont know what ppod is but as soon as Norton cleared it, that cab was deleted, I also did a hard reset after that, and everything is normal, of all the roms I flashed and 2 pros tp's I returned, it was because of that, and i have only had the tp since april, i was ready to reconnect my mogul and screw the tp, but found the issue.

pPod was a mp3 player that looked and performed like the ipod. I believe Apple suited out of existance years ago and the last version was for WM2003. trojan.dropper is a desktop windows virus, not WM. AFAIK, the desktop version of NAV doesn't have the ability to find a WM virus at all. Ppod may have screwed with your system, old software can be a problem, but I doubt it was a virus.

skeegcpp 07-11-2009 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CuzinBucksBx (Post 1028993)
Good Morning everyone..( 8:13am ) Every morning when I head to work I will connect my headset and listening to music but there a problem. My touch pro will make a phone call with out me making one. Every time i connect my headphones it just makes phone call when ever it likes...Remind you this is my 4 Touch Pro and they all have the same freaking issue. I am this close to change my phone to a Palm Pre...Who else have the same problem that I have?

this mayb a long shot, but try start/settings/phone/more tab(if its there) here u can uncheck the box for headset(for in/out going calls)...but like i said..its a long shot but mayb worth the try

insomniac 07-11-2009 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pastafarian (Post 1029069)
pPod was a mp3 player that looked and performed like the ipod. I believe Apple suited out of existance years ago and the last version was for WM2003. trojan.dropper is a desktop windows virus, not WM. AFAIK, the desktop version of NAV doesn't have the ability to find a WM virus at all. Ppod may have screwed with your system, old software can be a problem, but I doubt it was a virus.

Now, I know what that was, never heard of ppod, why would she try and install wm2003 program on 6.1, its different, I have had pocket pc's since the pocket pc 2002 os, even the memory management and harware worked differently, I have to have a talk with my roommate, no more sharing, she can get her own smartphone. But thanks for that info.

toviaheli 07-11-2009 12:02 PM

I have that problem when I use one of my muti-adapters in my car.

CuzinBucksBx 07-12-2009 08:27 PM

Sorry I never got back to this thread. I have tried all Roms...I mean all. I went to the nearest Sprint Repair center and told me it could be the MP3 could be a virus. :-\ I will get my 4th...Wait 5th one....It could be that Tachi ( Spell check ) Dialer..but again..I have no idea....Just now I just updated my Radio to 1.11.00 and now using ( and very nervous to say lolz ) NFSFAN WM 6.5 B0107 TP Rom.