PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2009, 06:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

doireallyhavetodothis is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Clean Up Sprint Stock ROM

I prefer to use the stock rom as it's the only one that allows me to stream music from tuned.mobi. I have the stock rom and used a program to adjust the page pool BUT how can I take out the automatically installed Live Search and SprintTV which are both outdated in the stock? I tried to install the updated Live but it didn't delete the old version and instead just installed Bing. I don't want SprintTV as I don't use it. I know there is a cleanup .CAB on here but I'd prefer to make the change permanent so I don't have to run some program each time after a reset.

I realize there are ways to customize a rom to pre-load programs but I'm not clear on how to do that and if it's at all possible with Sprint's stock rom.
Old 07-10-2009, 06:09 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed
Re: Clean Up Sprint Stock ROM

yeah hard reset, soft rest b4 customizations start..pow, no more sprint stuff... youll need to go to the Sprint All Cabbed UP thread which is ually with the first 2, 3 at the most, pages deep in this forum to get all the normal oem cabs you did wanna keep back
Old 07-10-2009, 06:28 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo Shift 4G

haus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
yeah hard reset, soft rest b4 customizations start..pow, no more sprint stuff...
That trick doesn't work on the stock ROM on the Sprint Touch Pro, unfortunately. It just keeps customizing every time you soft reset.
Old 07-10-2009, 06:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I was hoping there was a program that would load up the signed rom, and let me uncheck the things I don't want installed and save as a new rom. Probably more likely to find a girl with a built in beer holder and a 8 port USB hub huh?
Old 07-10-2009, 09:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Verizon

Elite Precision is keeping up the good workElite Precision is keeping up the good work

you may have to hard reset then soft reset a couple of times to bypass the customizations-it can certainly be done though. OP you mention not being able to stream using tuned.mobi on custom roms however it works without a hitch on juicy 7. also live search has been migrated to bing.
Old 07-11-2009, 01:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

So there really isn't a way to rip open the stock rom, take out what you don't want, and sew it back together again and flash?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro