PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2009, 07:05 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Hero (Backup), Samsung Epic (Current)
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

iviyth0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulariviyth0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulariviyth0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulariviyth0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to iviyth0s
Re: I hate windows 6.5

Thanks, I didn't know cooking was so easy. I thought you had to be a master programmer to be a ROM cooker
Old 07-11-2009, 12:43 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: SERO Premium

chong67 is keeping up the good workchong67 is keeping up the good workchong67 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Where can I get WM6.5?

I am using the Palm Treo Pro though.
Old 07-11-2009, 02:18 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Alltel

Rourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by iviyth0s View Post
The new touch flow is so big and obstuctive, I miss the old touchflo that was at the bottom and was out of the way. why are all the new rom's running win 6.5
The interface that's "big and obstructive" in 6.5 is called Titanium, and it's the default GUI in that version of Windows (not at all related to TouchFLO). With many 6.5 ROMs, you can disable it in your Today settings and enable the traditional TF3D you know and love, or the new and improved TF3D2 (Rhodium).

I took a couple months to work my way into 6.5 from 6.1, but over the last week or so of using it I doubt I could go back. The biggest real hurdle for me has been the Start Menu, which completely grates against my compulsive desire to have things in appropriate columns and folders. However, you can "kinda" circumvent this: a program called QuickMenu gives you a familiar dropdown box with recent items, programs, and settings. Also, programs like Re/Start allow you to reorganize the Start Menu itself and assign shortcuts into specific folders as you see fit.

Overall, a very small price to pay for what is otherwise a great upgrade to the WinMO OS. Once you get used to the finger scrolling, there's no going back. In addition, many of the more recent builds I've played with have given me much better battery life and stability than the 6.1 ROMs I've used. I trust you when you say you hate it--I did too--but trust me when I say if you give it a week, you won't go back.

Old 07-11-2009, 03:09 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Fuze
Carrier: ATT

k_semler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark_semler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark_semler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark_semler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark_semler is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to k_semler Send a message via MSN to k_semler Send a message via Yahoo to k_semler Send a message via Skype™ to k_semler

Quote:
Originally Posted by iviyth0s View Post
then what's a good rom with 6.5??? I don't like Calculin, Warrior or Mighty Mikes. They all see too beauty over utility. I don't care if the OS looks good I just want to be able to use it and have it be snappy ya know.
(Currently am using Juicy's most recent 6.1 rom, until I can settle on a good 6.5 one)
Here's a "new" desktop OS for you if all you want is speed and don't even want a GUI. http://www.freedos.org

Somehow, I highly doubt you are running a CLI only OS on your computer. Why not? If you truly value speed and function over bueaty, you would. If you know the DOS CLI and *nix CLI, FreeDOS is very easy and very fast to work with. Oh for online access, you won't find any brower faster then this one: http://www.fdisk.com/doslynx/lynxport.htm

Have fun using a 1989 setup on 2005 technology in the year 2009. (although, I will admit WfW311 on modern hardware hauls ***, it's just not worth the effort to biuld a Win31 compliant machine anymore. I can easily run NT4-Win XP x64 and have most hardware functional, but any older and I lose functionality, (any newer won't install for some reason).
Baseband: UCKJ3
Kernel: 2.6.35.7 - I997RUXG3-CL366622 user@netbook #Infusion-GB-CoreA
Old 07-11-2009, 06:14 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Vogue

intimidatorx31 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarmenti View Post
the main reason i'm glued to 6.5 is the finger scrolling is FAR superior to wm 6.1 with touchflo, which is sketchy to say the least. In case anyone doesn't know in win 6.1 touchflo is what gives you the finger friendly scrolling, whereas 6.5 has native finger scrolling built into the os and is leaps and bounds more smooth in operation. I've tried to go back to a 6.1 rom, but cannot bear touchflo since using 6.5 for two months.

THAT IS WHY I LOVE 6.5 TOO!!!!!!

Pros:
Scrolling - is more "kinetic scrolling" aka iphone scrolling.
That bounce, that deceleration when its scrolled enough lines.
Ahh that is why i love 6.5. Scrolling Through text emails, you name it.

Lock Screen - is headed in the right direction. Its nice that it has a built in slide to answer/slide to ignore function when fone is in lock.

Cons:
6.5 Titanium is kinda lame... although the folks at xda have made really really great themes for titanium.

Start Menu - They layout of icons not being perfectly in row bothers me and makes it difficult to see icons right away. Overall to find things in this start menu is rather difficult and slows me down.
Old 07-11-2009, 07:04 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Hero

Zombie Scott is becoming a great contributor

I really hope Sprint releases and official ROM update to 6.5 for the Touch Pro.

"Post Police Tagged"
Old 07-11-2009, 10:16 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: 16GB iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

DaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to DaPeeps Send a message via Yahoo to DaPeeps Send a message via Skype™ to DaPeeps

I love 6.5 and Titanium....to hell with TouchSlow3D.

If I or someone else helps you out, don't just say thanks, click!
Old 07-11-2009, 10:33 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO & HTC TP2

Macho is just getting started

For me wm 65 grew on me I do like it now but i do miss the weather the way you could flick thru different locations is hot.... And the animations were kool I wish that could be incorporated into 65
Old 07-11-2009, 11:57 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

viwizard knows their stuffviwizard knows their stuffviwizard knows their stuffviwizard knows their stuffviwizard knows their stuffviwizard knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Dude, get spb mobile shell 3 version on your 6.1 and you'll be a happy camper. You can even set the mobile shell to overtake your classic start menu!
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro