PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2009, 02:41 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

notrock knows their stuffnotrock knows their stuffnotrock knows their stuffnotrock knows their stuffnotrock knows their stuffnotrock knows their stuffnotrock knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: I hate windows 6.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by iviyth0s View Post
why are all the new rom's running win 6.5
Pretty much for the same reasons computers don't ship with windows 98
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 07-10-2009, 02:42 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc touch pro (alltel), Telus Touch pro 2
Carrier: Tbaytel mobility

jarmenti is a n00b

the main reason i'm glued to 6.5 is the finger scrolling is FAR superior to wm 6.1 with touchflo, which is sketchy to say the least. In case anyone doesn't know in win 6.1 touchflo is what gives you the finger friendly scrolling, whereas 6.5 has native finger scrolling built into the os and is leaps and bounds more smooth in operation. I've tried to go back to a 6.1 rom, but cannot bear touchflo since using 6.5 for two months.
Old 07-10-2009, 05:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

cv7713 is keeping up the good workcv7713 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikeandestroyx View Post
at first i hated 6.5, but give it a few days and you might change your mind.
x2

hated it at first, now I can't go back!

Old 07-10-2009, 05:32 PM
Back
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: VZW

redd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by notrock View Post
Pretty much for the same reasons computers don't ship with windows 98
that made me lol!!

there are still plenty of solid 6.1 roms out there. if you dont like 6.5 just dont use it, seems pretty simple.

also like suggested above check out some of the kitchens and learn to make your own roms, that way there wont be anything in there that you dont need/want/like

Last edited by redd214; 07-10-2009 at 05:35 PM.
Old 07-10-2009, 06:10 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Hero (Backup), Samsung Epic (Current)
Threadstarter

iviyth0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulariviyth0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulariviyth0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulariviyth0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to iviyth0s

then what's a good rom with 6.5??? I don't like Calculin, Warrior or Mighty Mikes. They all see too beauty over utility. I don't care if the OS looks good I just want to be able to use it and have it be snappy ya know.
(Currently am using Juicy's most recent 6.1 rom, until I can settle on a good 6.5 one)
Old 07-10-2009, 06:12 PM
Mobileunderground.info
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

bikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to bikeandestroyx Send a message via MSN to bikeandestroyx

Quote:
then what's a good rom with 6.5??? I don't like Calculin, Warrior or Mighty Mikes. They all see too beauty over utility. I don't care if the OS looks good I just want to be able to use it and have it be snappy ya know.
(Currently am using Juicy's most recent 6.1 rom, until I can settle on a good 6.5 one)
cook your own rom, thats the best way. Why dont you try cooking with caulkins new kitchen, the 23004 build is treating me well so far
Old 07-10-2009, 06:19 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC ARRIVE
Carrier: sprint

havox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
maybe I'll try the new touchflo but I don't like the new start menu...and what's with when you go into a setting and then apply the changes, it goes back to the home screen. I still want to tweak other settings!!!! I don't want to have to go Start>Settings>Personal/Connection/System in between every tweak. I think that is more of the turn off then the touch flo ( and also can you remove sections of the new touchflo?)
that will be fixed n future builds..i know that doesn't really help now

Quote:
try JD or dcd's rom

Dank-Ass Robba

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-10-2009, 06:22 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro2 CDMA
Carrier: Alltel (Verizon)

codybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
Personally, I love 6.5 although I hate titanium & the new start menu.

I run TF3D2 Rhodium (love it) & QuickMenu to get around the awful start menu & everything else is awesome.

~John
Start menu is not awful.
It's a diamond in the rough.
Make your own, very easy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sipple31 View Post
Simple answer: Titanium.
Also, no more new builds for 6.1,
so what's the point.

Quote:
why are all the new rom's running win 6.5
Like I just stated above, no more new builds for 6.1,
meaning there's nothing to update with the OSes themselves, only maybe the programs. But you could always download ppckitchen and make your own 6.1 rom.
Old 07-10-2009, 07:01 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Hero (Backup), Samsung Epic (Current)
Threadstarter

iviyth0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulariviyth0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulariviyth0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulariviyth0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to iviyth0s

Maybe I will cook my own rom but I do want to try and get used to 6.5 since I assumed it's better once once get's used to it, I appreciate the help so far (and sorry if I come off as a jerk) I've been flashing roms all day and can't stick to one I like since I usually like certain things about certain ones but not enough to keep that the primary. Is "Touch Flo 2" the vertical flipping style??
Old 07-10-2009, 07:03 PM
Mobileunderground.info
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

bikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to bikeandestroyx Send a message via MSN to bikeandestroyx

you should definately give groove's kitchen a try, its a little confusing at first, but overall visual kitchen is the way to go with 6.5

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro