PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2010, 03:24 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel

BlindDude is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Rom questions

I have one of the less popular carriers, Alltel, and whenever I flash a rom, I have to jump through hoops to get my mms working.

I have no clue how to cook a rom but would like to cook my own rom.
I would like to take the stock 6.1 Alltel rom and just remove some bloatware, and a few apps I dont use.
How hard is this? What will I need?

I dont care about sence or TF3D, yeah they look nice but they hinder the performance and response time and eat battery.
I would like to just use SPB MobileShell for my cool interface.

What are the differences between 6.1 and 6.5?

And if I dont have the balls to cook my own rom, I would like suggestions for a rom for me to use.. Like I said, I am going to use SPB MobileShell so sence2.5/TF3D and such I would rather not have.

Aslo, what is UC and shashami?

Main thing I am looking for is Battery life and stability. Eye candy is not on my list.

I am using Twisted/Accessing rom and really like it but I have screwed something up and my phone is acting up. I get filesys.exe taking up 90+% of my cpu quite often. I noticed it happen after I installed a program, but I have uninstalled it since and I still get the filesys.exe problem.

Thank You for any suggestions/help I get here.
Old 06-14-2010, 01:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Motorola Milestone A854

pmassey31545 is becoming a great contributor
Re: Rom questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindDude View Post
I have one of the less popular carriers, Alltel, and whenever I flash a rom, I have to jump through hoops to get my mms working.

I have no clue how to cook a rom but would like to cook my own rom.
I would like to take the stock 6.1 Alltel rom and just remove some bloatware, and a few apps I dont use.
How hard is this? What will I need?

I dont care about sence or TF3D, yeah they look nice but they hinder the performance and response time and eat battery.
I would like to just use SPB MobileShell for my cool interface.

What are the differences between 6.1 and 6.5?

And if I dont have the balls to cook my own rom, I would like suggestions for a rom for me to use.. Like I said, I am going to use SPB MobileShell so sence2.5/TF3D and such I would rather not have.

Aslo, what is UC and shashami?

Main thing I am looking for is Battery life and stability. Eye candy is not on my list.

I am using Twisted/Accessing rom and really like it but I have screwed something up and my phone is acting up. I get filesys.exe taking up 90+% of my cpu quite often. I noticed it happen after I installed a program, but I have uninstalled it since and I still get the filesys.exe problem.

Thank You for any suggestions/help I get here.

I have alltel and had the same issues you are having. Let me hunt down the fixes and I will post you an answer or link. You still rocking the Twisted-Access ROM? Cause I had no issues with MMS on that one. But every other ROM I had to install cabs to get it to work. Let me know. As far as the filesys error, hard reset. That'll take care of it.

Cooking? For me, it is too time consuming and aggravating. But if you figure it out, let me know how and I will try to help you. Or I will try to help you figure it out. Gotta keep the TP1 alive since Alltel isn't going to get any decent phones anytime soon. You know?????

Last edited by pmassey31545; 06-14-2010 at 01:35 PM.
Old 06-14-2010, 06:20 PM
Knowledge Is True Opinion
Pocket PC: iPhone 4S
Carrier: Vzw

Carla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Carla

Moved to General Touch Pro Discussion
Old 06-14-2010, 06:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Motorola Milestone A854

pmassey31545 is becoming a great contributor

Found em. Uploaded here- http://www.filefactory.com/file/b20d...Alltel_Msg_zip

I have them numbered 1, 2, 3, 4. install them in that order and just cancel the soft reset(s). Then when finished, perform SR. You may have to install twice bc sometimes it won't take. Good luck.

Last edited by pmassey31545; 06-14-2010 at 06:29 PM.
Old 06-15-2010, 01:53 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Threadstarter

BlindDude is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmassey31545 View Post
Found em. Uploaded here- http://www.filefactory.com/file/b20d...Alltel_Msg_zip

I have them numbered 1, 2, 3, 4. install them in that order and just cancel the soft reset(s). Then when finished, perform SR. You may have to install twice bc sometimes it won't take. Good luck.
hey, Thanks. Actually, that is what I did to get it going in the first place..
I have screwed my phone up too much for repair.. lol

I figure if I have to hard reset anyway, I might as well try a new rom.

I found one that is for alltel, really lightweight, very few things preinstalled.. I am going to give that one a shot,, if it dont work out, I will come back to twisted/accessings rom.

Thanks for the info.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro