PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2009, 12:21 PM
ShadowDrake

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: Im on my 5th replaced Touch Pro in 7 months!!!?!??!!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadlyAlive View Post
It's amazing how many people have had this many serious issues with the hardware. I've never had any issues with an HTC phone. Had my 6700 until the Mogul came out. I had to replace my Mogul once (only months before the TP came out) because the plastic piece in the miniUSB port broke off so I couldn't charge it. I've had a TP since BB put it out (and I drove 2 hours to get it! I love road trips...) and only had to replace it 3 weeks ago because it took a nose dive 25 feet from my second floor onto tile. The hinges on the keyboard broke (but it still had some spring left in it) so you had to slide it open with both hands. I actually used it for a few weeks and it still worked like a champ.

I though most people had only replaced their phones once or twice! My heart goes out to all of you that has to experience this.
I'm on #6, soon to be 7.

First had a bad earpiece
Second had a keyboard failure
Third had the rainbow smudge but replaced for raised home key (almost got torn off)
Fourth had a keyboard failure (and rainbow smudge)
Fifth had a keyboard failure (and raised home key)

My sixth one now gives me random issues - resets, wifi getting stuck on, locking up, etc no matter how I have it set up.

This really does suck. So much so, I considered asking for a Pre last time I was in a Sprint store to get it replaced. Maybe this record of replacements will allow me to trade up to the Touch Pro 2 when it comes out. I don't totally want a Pre, but it seems like it's more along the lines of "it just works" though I hear they have very poor build quality too... I really just want something I won't hate quite so much. I have reached the point in the debate in my mind between customization and reliability... Sure, having the option to change things is nice, but when you can't even take advantage of it because you soft reset 10+ times per day EVERY DAY it makes me wonder why I even bother.

Edit: I have to say, since October, all of the phones I have had have NEVER been dropped, they have been very well taken care of. Never a scratch, dulled finish, no damage, no squeezing... They have been treated extremely well but just fail by their own means. One finally did get a scratch on the screen (the last one) but I wasn't even upset because I knew I'd end up with a new one within a month because SOMETHING would go wrong.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-10-2009, 12:26 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

kabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to kabuk1 Send a message via Yahoo to kabuk1

threads like these make me wanna say something that i may get flamed about, but whatever.

if you hate WM so much, GET SOMETHING ELSE. go buy your iphone, your blackberry or whatever, and quit cluttering up our forums with posts about how much you hate WM.

there, i said it. i have had WM phones since last october, and they are vastly superior to anything else i have had. i had a mogul from oct to this past april, when i got my touch pro. i have had only one TP replacement due to a bad keyboard & bad battery life(which turned out to be the battery itself), and to be honest- i think my problems may have been due to the rom i was using. i have tried iphones & found myself wondering what all the hype is about, and everytime i play with a blackberry i get annoyed at the bizarre menu structuring & wonder why the hell anyone would want one.

for me, WM is a perfect fit, and i cant wait to see what microsoft has in store for the future.

kabuk1's battery life tips ~ TamsPPC
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 07-10-2009, 12:52 PM
Gatornator
Pocket PC: Palm Pre /3 EVO 4G's/1 moPho!
Carrier: Sprint

gator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabuk1 View Post
threads like these make me wanna say something that i may get flamed about, but whatever.

if you hate WM so much, GET SOMETHING ELSE. go buy your iphone, your blackberry or whatever, and quit cluttering up our forums with posts about how much you hate WM.

there, i said it. i have had WM phones since last october, and they are vastly superior to anything else i have had. i had a mogul from oct to this past april, when i got my touch pro. i have had only one TP replacement due to a bad keyboard & bad battery life(which turned out to be the battery itself), and to be honest- i think my problems may have been due to the rom i was using. i have tried iphones & found myself wondering what all the hype is about, and everytime i play with a blackberry i get annoyed at the bizarre menu structuring & wonder why the hell anyone would want one.

for me, WM is a perfect fit, and i cant wait to see what microsoft has in store for the future.
I agree wholeheartedly!!! Don't like it, buy something else! I tried the BB curve just before I got the TP, and hated it. I returned it with 24 hours and used my old phone till the TP arrived. The BB curve's file structure is no laughing matter. Once you got set up, it was fine, but my god, it took forever. i counted 14 steps to add someone from scratch and just as many to change a ringtone. This day and age, that's unacceptable. besides the BB curve does not have or use headset voice command which also is unacceptable.

I like WM, just I wish the manufacturers would pay attention to detail and actually put out quality hardware.
Old 07-10-2009, 02:23 PM
JZ*
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: SPRINT

JZ* is keeping up the good workJZ* is keeping up the good workJZ* is keeping up the good work

CRAP...my keyboard just stopped working too!

QUESTION: To attempt a replacement...do i need to have insurance first? (which I do not have) Phone is my 2nd after the stock holster let the phone fly, which Sprint replaced with this one, which was brand new.

Been with Sprint about 9 months now (got the phone on day 1) Thanks in advance for the answer
Old 07-10-2009, 02:39 PM
Almost a VIP

kabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuff

youre still within the 1 year warranty so you should get a free replacement for the keyboard thing.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-10-2009, 02:45 PM
Almost a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by gator352 View Post
I agree wholeheartedly!!! Don't like it, buy something else! I tried the BB curve just before I got the TP, and hated it. I returned it with 24 hours and used my old phone till the TP arrived. The BB curve's file structure is no laughing matter. Once you got set up, it was fine, but my god, it took forever. i counted 14 steps to add someone from scratch and just as many to change a ringtone. This day and age, that's unacceptable. besides the BB curve does not have or use headset voice command which also is unacceptable.

I like WM, just I wish the manufacturers would pay attention to detail and actually put out quality hardware.
i LOVE your av, that is hilarious.

i dont mean to flame or anything, but good grief, im tired of all these threads about iphones & blackberries being so superior to winmo. just cause they "just work" doesnt mean theyre better. my old nokia 5120 "just worked" too, and that thing didnt even do texting. any device that is customizable is prone to problems, it is just the price we pay for not being locked down.
Old 07-10-2009, 03:05 PM
JZ*
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: SPRINT

JZ* is keeping up the good workJZ* is keeping up the good workJZ* is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabuk1 View Post
youre still within the 1 year warranty so you should get a free replacement for the keyboard thing.

Thanks!...off to Sprint I go...
Old 07-10-2009, 03:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: "A 3vo named McGavin"

one0one951 is becoming a great contributor

I'm on my third, both had bad keyboards. One was from the first batch sent to Best Buy way back when and the second wasn't much newer. Currently I have one of the "April" models and it has lasted for a pretty long while. (knocking on wood)
I talked my girl into getting one though and she's gone through six. First one had a bad Gsensor, and the rest were refurbs that had keyboard and or button issues. I felt really bad. Sprint told her that she couldn't get more than six and gave her a new TreoPro. She hasn't has any issues with it. (again with the knocking LOL)
My Mogul and 6700 each had to be replaced once over their lives, I can't even remember why. Needless to say, I do believe that HTC has some issues and that the refurbishment group REALLy needs to test this stuff before they send it out. If I get a refub I sit right there in the store and test as much as I can with them.
Old 07-10-2009, 03:26 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: TP2 & BB Tour
Carrier: Sprinter

badboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIP

no one is complaining about windows mobile! i love windows mobile i just hate the fact that HTC's build quality is terrible!
I85 Nextel--> LG VX6000--> Moto V710--> Motorola Razr V3c unlocked alltel--> Razr V3c Verizon Red UI--> Motorola e815--> HTC 6700--> Motorola Q--> HTC Mogul--> HTC TOUCH--> Blackberry Pearl--> Blackberry Curve--> Treo 800w--> HTC Touch Diamond--> HTC Touch Pro--> Blackberry TOUR--> HTC Touch Pro 2
Old 07-10-2009, 03:42 PM
Gatornator
Pocket PC: Palm Pre /3 EVO 4G's/1 moPho!

gator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Badboy, read up. Some were complaining about WM. And i agree with you about the build quality and loving some winmo...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro