PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2009, 09:38 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Hero, Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

boredmug is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboredmug is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboredmug is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
cricket internet on touch pro

ok, i've done this on previous phones and had no problems getting the internet to work.. Now i'm trying to get a sprint touch pro flashed to cricket to work with internet but it will not connect. I used howards forum and entered all the settings i entered on the other phone but it won't work. I noticed in the wap settings when i enter the password which is cricket, if i go back in and look at it there are way more *'s than the word cricket.. any ideas? also when i try to program and update prl with *228 it says it is unable to program phone. any ideas?
Old 07-09-2009, 11:10 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Cricket

dkranes is just getting started
Re: cricket internet on touch pro

Here's what I do to get my TP running on cricket. Don't skip anything. http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...8&postcount=86

As for more *'s showing than the word cricket that is normal.
Old 07-09-2009, 11:56 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

boredmug is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboredmug is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboredmug is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

ok, i pretty much followed all those steps.. I've done this on a previous touch pro with absolutely no problems. followed the same steps, but no go... I'm starting to think there was a problem with the activation of the phone.. let me describe the problems i experience. They activated the phones. . It took a really long time and when they were done they were like they work FINALLY. lol. I took both of the phones home and starting doing all the steps described on howards forum from the link you sent. I had previously updated the phone with a 1040 cricket prl and installed dcd cricket carrier cab so i did the *228 to update the prl over the phone. one phone updated succesfully, the other didn't. WEIRD. after i set up all the setting in the howard forum they would absolutely not connect to the internet. Mostly they would just sit there trying to load a page. it wouldn't even say anything about not being able to connect. phones showed EV connection but would not download anything. I went over all the settings to see if i had missed something or made a mistake and verified everything was correct on both phones. then i tried dialing *228 on one of the phones to try to update the prl and nam settings again. phone would not connect and said network busy. Then i tried dialing one of the phones with the other phone. no go. network busy. same thing with the other phone. Weird thing is if i dial one of the phones with my sprint touch pro they are able to receive a call but not dial out. Then i tried sending texts to them with my sprint touch pro. no go. then i tried sending texts from the phones. no go. Is there possibly something wrong with the activation on their network? i don't get it.. makes no since why the phones cannot dial out but can receive calls. Occasionally the phones would dial out.. just doesn't make sense to me. These phones are for a friends parents so im kinda upset because i spent several hours trying to figure this crap out without a solution. They are going to try to take the phones back to cricket tomorrow and try to figure out why they won't dial out or send/receive texts.. That should be pretty freaking basic. Last touch pro i flashed to cricket it was able to receive/send calls as well as receive and send texts before i did absolutely anything to them as far as setting up the internet. Last thing i tried with one of the phones was doing a hard reset and reinstalling the dcd cricket carrier cab and reupdated the prl to the cricket 1040 one. tried to update with *228 and got the same programing failed error. phone failed to make a data connection and would not dial out or send/receive a text. Is there anyway they could have messed up when they activated the phone?
Old 07-10-2009, 01:55 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

coldshock is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredmug View Post
...with *228 it says it is unable to program phone. any ideas?
Sounds possibly like an MSL issue - did you set it to 000000 ?
Old 07-10-2009, 02:26 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Vibrant
Carrier: The PhoneStop Store

fresnogamer is keeping up the good workfresnogamer is keeping up the good workfresnogamer is keeping up the good work

Cricket Touch Pro ROM!!!

Everything works GREAT!!!

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=62073

Sprint 6700(Kitchen ROM)>Sprint 6900(WDM 1.6 Clean)>Cricket 6950
Old 07-10-2009, 04:12 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

yes, the msl was zeroed out. im going to see if cricket can do a refresh on their side to see if it fixes the issue. i know it sounds like the msl wasnt zeroed, but i set it with qpst to 000000. when entering epst it asks for the code and 000000 is what i enter, so that is not it. i dont get it either because ive done this with other touch pro's and diamonds with no problem.
Old 07-15-2009, 10:25 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: ppc
Carrier: sprint

Jbroad572 is a n00b

I'm having the exact same problem on my Touch Pro. Just activated cricket account and manually programmed the epst settings, but can't do a prl update or connect to internet. I've tried 2 evdo prl s and 0140. With the non evdo prl it seems like it wants to try, but fails each time. With the 0150 prl list it fails right from the start. Any ideas? Anything work for you bored?
Old 07-15-2009, 12:01 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: ppc
Carrier: sprint

Jbroad572 is a n00b

Well, I changed to PRL 01042 and it was successful. Now it's programmed PRL 38199 in my phone.
*edit* internet still not working though

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro