PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2009, 06:51 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo
Carrier: Sprint

subhumanderelict is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsubhumanderelict is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsubhumanderelict is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsubhumanderelict is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to subhumanderelict
Strange Error with Text Messages

So I installed MightyROM6 and, as usual, loved it. Today I noticed a problem when composing a new text message, however. I would enter the name, then the list would appear both at the bottom of the screen (in the right-left scrolling form) as well as directly below the "To:" field at the top in a drop-down box.

After completing the message, I hit "Send." Once I hit it, it brings me back to the list of texts with the most recent at the top, but instead of listing the person's name in the message I just sent, there's only a number (sometimes it's 2, other times it's 4). Then, it displays the error message saying "Your text message cannot be sent."

I tried turning off auto-complete and all that stuff, but it didn't help. I re-flashed the ROM, and it worked for a bit, but then started doing this all over again. If I use an existing thread, I have no problems, but I'm screwed if I want to message a new person. Any ideas? Thanks!

Old 07-09-2009, 08:57 PM
VIP n00b
Pocket PC: iPhone
Carrier: AT&T

Rusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to Rusty Duck
Re: Strange Error with Text Messages

That is way to weird even after the reflash. I have not use Might6 but you might look at either clearing storage.

I have gotten the same error but not consistently.

Old 07-10-2009, 01:43 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

subhumanderelict is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsubhumanderelict is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsubhumanderelict is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsubhumanderelict is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsousan View Post
That is way to weird even after the reflash. I have not use Might6 but you might look at either clearing storage.

I have gotten the same error but not consistently.
I re-flashed the ROM and am trying to see if there is a conflict with the EzInput CAB because the ROM lacks a decent on-screen keyboard.
Old 07-10-2009, 01:48 AM
lwrdrchvy2

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Im pretty sure it has to do with EZInput..Mighty quit using it in MR5 because of issues it was causing. Instead of using EZInput I recommend finger keyboard, i've been using it for months now and love it. very easy to use even you have big fingers and you can customize so many functions that it really becomes your own keyboard.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-10-2009, 01:57 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwrdrchvy2 View Post
Im pretty sure it has to do with EZInput..Mighty quit using it in MR5 because of issues it was causing. Instead of using EZInput I recommend finger keyboard, i've been using it for months now and love it. very easy to use even you have big fingers and you can customize so many functions that it really becomes your own keyboard.
Ah, thanks for the feedback! I used EzInput in MR5 without a problem. I guess I liked it so much because it reminded me of the stock keyboard. I tried finger keyboard once, not sure how I feel about it.
Old 07-10-2009, 01:59 AM
Super Senior VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 6p
Carrier: Att StraightTalk

psycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to psycho_maniac Send a message via Skype™ to psycho_maniac

give fingerkeyboard a try once. its really nice. i dont use it because i rarely use a SIP so im good with the stock keyboard with big keys

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro