PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Strange Error with Text Messages (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=74264)

subhumanderelict 07-09-2009 06:51 PM

Strange Error with Text Messages

So I installed MightyROM6 and, as usual, loved it. Today I noticed a problem when composing a new text message, however. I would enter the name, then the list would appear both at the bottom of the screen (in the right-left scrolling form) as well as directly below the "To:" field at the top in a drop-down box.

After completing the message, I hit "Send." Once I hit it, it brings me back to the list of texts with the most recent at the top, but instead of listing the person's name in the message I just sent, there's only a number (sometimes it's 2, other times it's 4). Then, it displays the error message saying "Your text message cannot be sent."

I tried turning off auto-complete and all that stuff, but it didn't help. I re-flashed the ROM, and it worked for a bit, but then started doing this all over again. If I use an existing thread, I have no problems, but I'm screwed if I want to message a new person. Any ideas? Thanks!

Rusty Duck 07-09-2009 08:57 PM

Re: Strange Error with Text Messages

That is way to weird even after the reflash. I have not use Might6 but you might look at either clearing storage.

I have gotten the same error but not consistently.

subhumanderelict 07-10-2009 01:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsousan (Post 1025900)
That is way to weird even after the reflash. I have not use Might6 but you might look at either clearing storage.

I have gotten the same error but not consistently.

I re-flashed the ROM and am trying to see if there is a conflict with the EzInput CAB because the ROM lacks a decent on-screen keyboard.

lwrdrchvy2 07-10-2009 01:48 AM

Im pretty sure it has to do with EZInput..Mighty quit using it in MR5 because of issues it was causing. Instead of using EZInput I recommend finger keyboard, i've been using it for months now and love it. very easy to use even you have big fingers and you can customize so many functions that it really becomes your own keyboard.

subhumanderelict 07-10-2009 01:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lwrdrchvy2 (Post 1026636)
Im pretty sure it has to do with EZInput..Mighty quit using it in MR5 because of issues it was causing. Instead of using EZInput I recommend finger keyboard, i've been using it for months now and love it. very easy to use even you have big fingers and you can customize so many functions that it really becomes your own keyboard.

Ah, thanks for the feedback! I used EzInput in MR5 without a problem. I guess I liked it so much because it reminded me of the stock keyboard. I tried finger keyboard once, not sure how I feel about it.

psycho_maniac 07-10-2009 01:59 AM

give fingerkeyboard a try once. its really nice. i dont use it because i rarely use a SIP so im good with the stock keyboard with big keys