PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2009, 10:50 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Evo 4g
Carrier: Sprint

FatFrosty is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Touch Flo takes 3-4 hours to load.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nannay12 View Post
thanks for ur help, i did a hard reset.. cant believe i didnt think of that before.. it seemed to help a little, but my phone has just been lagging more than ever lately... im gonna try a different rom again.. one other thing i have noticed although, is that my battery is lasting 8 hours now.. maximum.. thats not cool. .. hopefully its the rom tho.
Just all the sudden I had problems starting at the end of last week.

Started with my Touch Pro corrupting my sd card on certain folders which I'm not entirely sure if that's related. I couldn't open these certain folders in windows explorer. It was a long tedious process of using xcopy in cmd. Every now and then it would get to a sector it didn't like and eject the sd card. Fun...

Now if I open Opera, it'll only take a few web pages before it stops loading the page, then it stops responding all together. After a good minute all the input will take place instantly. I'm quite patient with my devices but this is frustrating. TF3d is quite unstable now too. When it does start, I normally just have to play with it before it stops again.

I flashed to several different roms, making sure I didn't have any customization or even an SD card in the slot. Stock, Mike, Juicy, NRG and I think Juggs. All with the same problems with a fresh hardreset.

I called Sprint and told them I was having severe performance problems (knowing how immature that probably sounded) and they're sending me one sometime today. I threw in saying my keyboard has been coming in and out so they couldn't argue with me.

Sprint
HTC Mogul -> HTC Touch Pro -> Evo 4G
Old 07-15-2009, 11:55 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Threadstarter

nannay12 is just getting started
Send a message via MSN to nannay12

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatFrosty View Post
Just all the sudden I had problems starting at the end of last week.

Started with my Touch Pro corrupting my sd card on certain folders which I'm not entirely sure if that's related. I couldn't open these certain folders in windows explorer. It was a long tedious process of using xcopy in cmd. Every now and then it would get to a sector it didn't like and eject the sd card. Fun...

Now if I open Opera, it'll only take a few web pages before it stops loading the page, then it stops responding all together. After a good minute all the input will take place instantly. I'm quite patient with my devices but this is frustrating. TF3d is quite unstable now too. When it does start, I normally just have to play with it before it stops again.

I flashed to several different roms, making sure I didn't have any customization or even an SD card in the slot. Stock, Mike, Juicy, NRG and I think Juggs. All with the same problems with a fresh hardreset.

I called Sprint and told them I was having severe performance problems (knowing how immature that probably sounded) and they're sending me one sometime today. I threw in saying my keyboard has been coming in and out so they couldn't argue with me.
my opera shuts down after a while too.. did you call a local sprint number? im hoping that that would be the worst case scenario for me with this phone. so wait.. was your keyboard like falling out do you mean??
Old 07-15-2009, 12:21 PM
N00b

Quote:
my opera shuts down after a while too.. did you call a local sprint number? im hoping that that would be the worst case scenario for me with this phone. so wait.. was your keyboard like falling out do you mean??
No. Another extremely common problem with the phone is the ribbon connecting the keyboard internally is unplugged and the keyboard doesn't work at all. By in and out, I was making it seem the ribbon is loose. That was the reason I sent my last TP in. ( These refurbs they keep sending me back suck.)

I called the sprint customer service phone number. The generic one, I think *2. If your phone is a refurb from sending a previous one in, I bet it's hardware like I think mine is. I just have no clue what it could be.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-15-2009, 12:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatFrosty View Post
No. Another extremely common problem with the phone is the ribbon connecting the keyboard internally is unplugged and the keyboard doesn't work at all. By in and out, I was making it seem the ribbon is loose. That was the reason I sent my last TP in. ( These refurbs they keep sending me back suck.)

I called the sprint customer service phone number. The generic one, I think *2. If your phone is a refurb from sending a previous one in, I bet it's hardware like I think mine is. I just have no clue what it could be.
alright.. thanks! my phone isnt refurbished. when you sent your phone in, did you put a stock rom, and re-lock it also?
Old 07-15-2009, 12:42 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Evo Shift
Carrier: Sprint SEP 4G

elmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to elmerfudpucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
I absolutely hate titanium, I can't see why anybody would use that plain jane ugly setup.
~John
I guess I dont need to mention I still use HTC home...
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
Old 07-15-2009, 12:48 PM
N00b

Quote:
alright.. thanks! my phone isnt refurbished. when you sent your phone in, did you put a stock rom, and re-lock it also?
Yea.

Stock Rom

Stock Radio (if you ever changed your radio, 1.03.15)

Hard SPL Relocker (Raphael_CDMA_Relocker.zip)

I think those are right. ^

With my first replacement, I had to pay $100. Ever since then they've been "Advance Exchanges". Get angry before you call them. You might have better luck than I did.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-15-2009, 11:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsousan View Post
Disable TF3D and load up SPB MS.
thanks.. that is what i have on there now.. my phone lags a bit still, i think there has to be something that still is not "loading" or something, but works for the time being
Old 07-16-2009, 09:13 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Nex-tech Wireless

ChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuff

Have you tried increasing the pagepool?
Old 07-17-2009, 06:18 AM
Super Senior VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 6p
Carrier: Att StraightTalk

psycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to psycho_maniac Send a message via Skype™ to psycho_maniac

hard reset man thats all ya need then if it still F***s up after you set up your phone again then you did something wrong or a app is conflicting with tf3d. go back and uninstall some cabs till its fixed. and you found your problem

Last edited by psycho_maniac; 07-19-2009 at 07:37 AM.
Old 07-18-2009, 03:03 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosTheory View Post