PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2009, 04:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

cv7713 is keeping up the good workcv7713 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thumbs up Kaspersky Mobile Secuirty

Ok, I've found this program very cool. Not necessarily for the "anti-virus" protection. Some say we are vulnerable others say not so much. Anyway, the features I am interested in are:

*SMS Find (NEW!) – locate your lost or stolen phone by sending an SMS message to the lost device. You will receive a link to Google Maps with the exact coordinates of your phone, helping you to recover it quickly.
SMS Block – In the event of loss, you can send a “hidden SMS message” to block access to your smartphone until a pre-set password is entered.
SMS Clean – Similar to SMS Block, this will completely clean out your smartphone’s memory and memory cards.
SIM Watch – If your phone is stolen, the “new owner” will most likely replace the original SIM card. The SIM Watch will prevent the thief from accessing your data without the original SIM card in the device. If the original SIM card is replaced with the new one, SIM Watch automatically sends to you the new telephone number of the device without the thief’s knowledge.

It works great. I've been playing with the free trial and appears to be very functional. You send a text message to the phone and you can lock it, erase, or even get the GPS coordinates of the phone.

If this has been mentioned before, sorry. But I thought i'd share. Here's the link:

http://usa.kaspersky.com/products_se...e-security.php

Old 07-09-2009, 05:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Re: Kaspersky Mobile Secuirty

Also, I want to mention something else. I am running Mighty Rom 5. Before I installed, I was running at 35% memory. After the install, I am 39%. There is no noticable lag so far.
Old 07-09-2009, 05:13 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Nex-tech Wireless

ChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuff

That sound pretty cool, but will it find it when I lose it under the couch

If it was a free program, or if I didn't have insurance I might think about it, but I back up important info and flash frequently so I don't have much personal info on the phone, and I pay insurance for if I lose it
Old 07-09-2009, 05:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosTheory View Post
That sound pretty cool, but will it find it when I lose it under the couch
That's what the house phone is for! Unless your battery is dead, then your SOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosTheory View Post
If it was a free program, or if I didn't have insurance I might think about it, but I back up important info and flash frequently so I don't have much personal info on the phone, and I pay insurance for if I lose it
I completley agree. I don't think I would pay $30 for it, however the clean feature could be useful. I have alot of physical addresses and e-mail addresses stored. I use my phone to connect to the office via Citrix and not sure what information is stored in cache.

I wonder if it erases the memory card???

Also, is there a program out there that ONLY includes these functions for free??? If not, anyone want to create one??

I will take a stab at some point but I am just barely into programming right now. I lean more towards networking and security. (Hence, this topic).

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro