PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2009, 04:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint

jhale83 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Touch Pro + Music + BT Stereo Headphones = HORRIBLE Device Performance

I've been using my Touch Pro as my primary music player (at work, in the car, etc) for quite some time paired with my Motorola S9 headphones and Sony BT Car CD Player. I've gotten to the point where all of the performance issues have finally frustrated so immensely that I'm considering getting a Zune. I used to use the Music player in TF3D exclusively but it would randomly freeze up in the middle of a song more than I liked. I would be driving down the road and my music would just stop for 5-10 seconds or cut out. So I tried Windows Media Player...uses way too much memory and slows the device down something terrible. Tried out Pocker Player and it crashes all the time. If I try to text while listening to music I can type up the message and watch for up to a minute as the phone finishes typing my message before I can send it. I usually just stop music then text then start music again.

Anyone else having a better experience listening to music on their TP with BT stereo devices?
Old 07-09-2009, 04:30 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

shawn89 is just getting started
Re: Touch Pro + Music + BT Stereo Headphones = HORRIBLE Device Performance

I was having the same issues as you and tried all the options you did and more including nitrogen and a few others, the best solution I found was to use HTC Audio Manager, it reduced the lag by a lot but did not get ride of it all together but when using it with my samsung sbh-500 bluetooth stereo headset it gives me the best performance for music not skipping or pausing but still allows me to text message if need be without significant lag.
Old 07-09-2009, 04:32 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic

Scoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Sorry to hear your problems. I am using Pocket player to stream audiobooks- mainly to a Jabra BT8010 earpiece.

I works very well but does occasionally pause for 1-2 seconds. My biggest gripe is that if I am streaming music/audiobooks and open the browser or update the weather, my BT drops to mono. I think that is a problem with having only one antenna - or so I read.

The texting lag, with or without BT, is a known problem that no one has found a good solution to.

Hope my experience helps to calm you down- you are not alone with these problems.

The TP is good but still has it's little quirks. I havent found the perfect unit yet.
Old 07-09-2009, 04:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

jhale83 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn89 View Post
I was having the same issues as you and tried all the options you did and more including nitrogen and a few others, the best solution I found was to use HTC Audio Manager, it reduced the lag by a lot but did not get ride of it all together but when using it with my samsung sbh-500 bluetooth stereo headset it gives me the best performance for music not skipping or pausing but still allows me to text message if need be without significant lag.
Isn't HTC Audio Manager the Music program that's built into TF3D?
Old 07-09-2009, 04:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

farhaat2007 is just getting started

I read somewhere that if go under HLM-software-microsoft-bluthooth-a2dp-settings and change bitpool to 0, change samplerate to 0, and jointstero to 0 it should make a big difference. I dont get that hissing noise as I use to. Just back up ur files just in case if it doesnt make a difference.
Old 07-09-2009, 05:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC DIAMOND

Wickedone82 is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to Wickedone82

as far as bluetooth goes this is the worst performing device i have ever used. My blackberry was soo much more reliable with its bluetooth

Phones
HTC Touch Pro
MIghty Rom 4.16
-
Old 07-09-2009, 05:35 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic

Scoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by farhaat2007 View Post
I read somewhere that if go under HLM-software-microsoft-bluthooth-a2dp-settings and change bitpool to 0, change samplerate to 0, and jointstero to 0 it should make a big difference. I dont get that hissing noise as I use to. Just back up ur files just in case if it doesnt make a difference.
hmm, sounds very counter intuitive, but you can change the settings pretty easily with Advanced Config.

Edit: I did some searching- check this recommendation near the end of this almost 1 year old thread:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/arch.../t-428609.html

Last edited by Scoob; 07-09-2009 at 05:40 PM.
Old 07-09-2009, 05:36 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

shawn89 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhale83 View Post
Isn't HTC Audio Manager the Music program that's built into TF3D?
I was referring to the .cab install in which you use the actual program and not the tf3d built in version which seems to have a lot of lag built into it. I don't know why really but that's what worked the best for me.
Old 07-09-2009, 06:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

farhaat2007 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoob View Post
hmm, sounds very counter intuitive, but you can change the settings pretty easily with Advanced Config.

Edit: I did some searching- check this recommendation near the end of this almost 1 year old thread:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/arch.../t-428609.html
Yeah but I dont think you can change the sample rate. If I am not mistakened, Advan Config puts the sample rate at 44000, so u cant change it 0. It still made some hissing noise at 44000, but when I changed it 0, I think they sound excellent. When u remove the values from the both bitpool and the same rate, I think it defaults itself to the best values for maxium quality. It worked for me, I seen some major improvement then before
Old 07-10-2009, 12:04 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: "A 3vo named McGavin"

one0one951 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhale83 View Post
I've been using my Touch Pro as my primary music player (at work, in the car, etc) for quite some time paired with my Motorola S9 headphones and Sony BT Car CD Player. I've gotten to the point where all of the performance issues have finally frustrated so immensely that I'm considering getting a Zune. I used to use the Music player in TF3D exclusively but it would randomly freeze up in the middle of a song more than I liked. I would be driving down the road and my music would just stop for 5-10 seconds or cut out. So I tried Windows Media Player...uses way too much memory and slows the device down something terrible. Tried out Pocker Player and it crashes all the time. If I try to text while listening to music I can type up the message and watch for up to a minute as the phone finishes typing my message before I can send it. I usually just stop music then text then start music again.

Anyone else having a better experience listening to music on their TP with BT stereo devices?
I had a similar experience after my first flash to a 6.5 rom. Currently I use a Jabra BT3030 and the Kinoma player with very little text lag. I have also tried windows media player after adding a cab I saw in another thread (below) with similar results. I had to stop using Pocket Player because of the lag though.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...postcount=2275

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro