PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Bad HTC Hotfix for music skipping!!!! Help!! (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=74228)

mr.neilsen 07-09-2009 02:30 PM

Bad HTC Hotfix for music skipping!!!! Help!!

I downloaded the hotfix from HTC to make it so the music won't skip anymore, phone did a soft reset automatically and when it came back on it won't go past the start screen where it says touch pro and has the little red numbers at the bottom!! WTF!! tried soft and hard reset and still can't go past this point, ](*,)](*,) should I start shopping for a new phone or does someone have any ideas...? Anyone??

rstoyguy 07-09-2009 02:42 PM

Re: Bad HTC Hotfix for music skipping!!!! Help!!

Flash yourself a custom rom from the upgrades section. Most chefs have already fixed that issue...

mr.neilsen 07-09-2009 02:45 PM

how do i do that, plus it won't get far enough for my pc to recognize it so not sure how to get it loaded...

NinjaMom 07-09-2009 04:17 PM

I had this happen. A hard reset fixed it though. Not sure why a hard reset isn't working for you unless you didn't officially hard reset it.

Hard resetting the phone was hard for me. I had to remove the battery... Pop it back in and really quick hit the volume down, enter on d pad and power button. Had to try it a couple of times to get it to work.

Once it did it though I had to go through the whole set up process again, and then restore from a backup.

mr.neilsen 07-09-2009 05:03 PM

still won't do anything, I've tried all combinations of above, soft reset, hard reset, power botton, d-pad, down volume, etc, what a nightmare.....:violent2:

djsiva 07-09-2009 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr.neilsen (Post 1025374)
still won't do anything, I've tried all combinations of above, soft reset, hard reset, power botton, d-pad, down volume, etc, what a nightmare.....:violent2:

You can put the phone in bootloader manually by turning the phone off, then power up while holding down the DOWN volume button. It should give you a tri-color screen. You can then plug it into your pc and flash a custom ROM or back to a factory ROM.

Nate

Mylt1 07-09-2009 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr.neilsen (Post 1025374)

a hard reset would have deleted all you have installed on the phone. you actually got to a screen that was gray and said to "push the vol up to restore to factory settings" screen?

mikee4fun 07-09-2009 05:41 PM

Ok, to hard reset manually it is a pain. So this is your best shot. While on the screen that shows touch pro, Press all these buttons at the same time. Press and hold the power button down, press and hold the volume down button, press and hold the enter button, ( that is the button in the center of the dpad) and then jam and hold the stylus into the soft reset hole. Hold all there until you get the hard reset screen. It works, I just tried it. Remember when you do it keep holding all buttons down, it takes a good ten seconds for the screen to come back on. If you need additional assistance feel free to im or pm me.

Also back in the days of my HTC universal I found this to fix audio skipping on a2dp. Give it a shot.

Go into the registry and add this dword string into the following location. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\BuiltIn\BtA2dpSnd

Make a new Dword value and name is Priority256 and then for the DWORD Data value make that 60 save and reboot. Presto no more lag, cuts or audio drop outs. I have attached the modified registry key for ease. To manually mod it the registry location is at the following.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\BuiltIn\BtA2dpSnd

Cheers,

Mikee

mr.neilsen 07-09-2009 06:26 PM

Thanks to all that helped me out today, what a day well spent....just sitting around freaking out, phone is loading up fresh right now and I will probably put 6.5 on there, nothing left to lose, lol, take care and will hopefully see you around the forum :headbang:=D>

raidzero 07-09-2009 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr.neilsen (Post 1025569)
Thanks to all that helped me out today, what a day well spent....just sitting around freaking out, phone is loading up fresh right now and I will probably put 6.5 on there, nothing left to lose, lol, take care and will hopefully see you around the forum :headbang:=D>

LMAO! I know the feeling, the one night the tricolor screen never looked so good...