PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2009, 01:22 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: A Perma-Temp Rooted HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

RidleyJ329 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRidleyJ329 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRidleyJ329 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRidleyJ329 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRidleyJ329 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Talking searching for 6.1 ROMS

I tried to search but 6.1 is too short of characters to search. Ive always used Mighty Rom and liked it but now i wanna try something new. He focusing on 6.5 now which im not currently a huge fan of. though his work is still really good it just not for me. not this is not a "whats the best rom out there" thread im merely asking peoples OPINIONS on 6.1 roms and what the best method to search for them would be. I primarily use my phone for internet and mild gaming like pocket uno or monopoly. thanks in advance.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-09-2009, 02:02 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Motorola A855 Droid
Carrier: Verizon

vesty16277 is keeping up the good workvesty16277 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to vesty16277
Re: searching for 6.1 ROMS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridleyj329 View Post
I tried to search but 6.1 is too short of characters to search. Ive always used Mighty Rom and liked it but now i wanna try something new. He focusing on 6.5 now which im not currently a huge fan of. though his work is still really good it just not for me. not this is not a "whats the best rom out there" thread im merely asking peoples OPINIONS on 6.1 roms and what the best method to search for them would be. I primarily use my phone for internet and mild gaming like pocket uno or monopoly. thanks in advance.
So you're using your phone for basic gaming and internet but you don't want to just get on 6.5? I can't see how jumping to 6.5 is going to impact either of those daily functions. Just MO
1- Motorola A855 Droid
1 - Flesh Light
Old 07-09-2009, 02:11 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

RidleyJ329 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRidleyJ329 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRidleyJ329 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRidleyJ329 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRidleyJ329 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

its the functionality and stability of 6.1. al;so i guess its just sticking with what i know rather than trying some new and unreleased. im currently using MR6. this morning it froze on me and when i soft reset it ended up hard resetting on and i never had that problem with 6.1. also the "X" in the corner is had to hit. idk if it 6.5 or MR but when ever i try to hit that the status screen shows up and on 6.1 i never had that problem
Old 07-09-2009, 02:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: moment
Carrier: sprint

htcman724 knows their stuffhtcman724 knows their stuffhtcman724 knows their stuffhtcman724 knows their stuffhtcman724 knows their stuffhtcman724 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to htcman724 Send a message via Yahoo to htcman724

Quote:

merdins 4.6 rom the best IMO
Old 07-09-2009, 03:05 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Moto Droid @ 1.1GHz
Carrier: VZW

raidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to raidzero

I have to point the finger at scrosler's SSK 6.1 series. My old VZW pro never ran so well as it did when I was on one of his. If you don't have VZW phone that's even better because his are designed for phones with half as much RAM... I too would never go back to 6.1

Last edited by raidzero; 07-09-2009 at 03:26 PM.
Old 07-09-2009, 03:18 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Nex-tech Wireless

ChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuff

I use Demolition. It is 6.5, but after finding a good 6.5 I don't plan on going back to 6.1. I had to flash back to stock a little while back (trying to fix a problem I thought I had) and used it for a little while. HATED TF3D after using Titanium, and the start menu in 6.5 blows away the menu from 6.1.

As an alternative, Energy ROM is also very neat and tidy, though it is 6.5 also.

Sorry I have no suggestions for 6.1, like I said wouldn't go back to it, but thought I would give my opinion. As far as the problems you have had with 6.5 it must have been the ROM, as I have never had those problems.
Old 07-09-2009, 04:17 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

the hard reset prob i never had with any MR before seems kinda random. the "X" button ive always had that prob. thanks for the input guys. ill try these out and let you know what i think.
Old 07-09-2009, 04:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

cv7713 is keeping up the good workcv7713 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
its the functionality and stability of 6.1. al;so i guess its just sticking with what i know rather than trying some new and unreleased. im currently using MR6. this morning it froze on me and when i soft reset it ended up hard resetting on and i never had that problem with 6.1. also the "X" in the corner is had to hit. idk if it 6.5 or MR but when ever i try to hit that the status screen shows up and on 6.1 i never had that problem
Try MR5. It was a much better experience for me personally than MR6. It has yet to freeze, reboot, or anything. I tried MR6 and it just seemed to run "glitchy" on my phone. IMHO. Maybe the ROM is too new and just needs the kinks worked out, but MR5 FTW!!

Old 07-09-2009, 04:41 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

shellguy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshellguy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshellguy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to shellguy Send a message via MSN to shellguy Send a message via Yahoo to shellguy

I love Confilppers 6.1 rom..

Will
Old 07-09-2009, 04:49 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: palm pre

yotoad is keeping up the good workyotoad is keeping up the good work

try silence's ROMs -- they are excellent