PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   searching for 6.1 ROMS (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=74222)

RidleyJ329 07-09-2009 01:22 PM

searching for 6.1 ROMS

I tried to search but 6.1 is too short of characters to search. Ive always used Mighty Rom and liked it but now i wanna try something new. He focusing on 6.5 now which im not currently a huge fan of. though his work is still really good it just not for me. not this is not a "whats the best rom out there" thread im merely asking peoples OPINIONS on 6.1 roms and what the best method to search for them would be. I primarily use my phone for internet and mild gaming like pocket uno or monopoly. thanks in advance.

vesty16277 07-09-2009 02:02 PM

Re: searching for 6.1 ROMS

Quote:

Originally Posted by ridleyj329 (Post 1024810)
I tried to search but 6.1 is too short of characters to search. Ive always used Mighty Rom and liked it but now i wanna try something new. He focusing on 6.5 now which im not currently a huge fan of. though his work is still really good it just not for me. not this is not a "whats the best rom out there" thread im merely asking peoples OPINIONS on 6.1 roms and what the best method to search for them would be. I primarily use my phone for internet and mild gaming like pocket uno or monopoly. thanks in advance.

So you're using your phone for basic gaming and internet but you don't want to just get on 6.5? I can't see how jumping to 6.5 is going to impact either of those daily functions. Just MO

RidleyJ329 07-09-2009 02:11 PM

its the functionality and stability of 6.1. al;so i guess its just sticking with what i know rather than trying some new and unreleased. im currently using MR6. this morning it froze on me and when i soft reset it ended up hard resetting on and i never had that problem with 6.1. also the "X" in the corner is had to hit. idk if it 6.5 or MR but when ever i try to hit that the status screen shows up and on 6.1 i never had that problem

htcman724 07-09-2009 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ridleyj329 (Post 1024810)

merdins 4.6 rom the best IMO

raidzero 07-09-2009 03:05 PM

I have to point the finger at scrosler's SSK 6.1 series. My old VZW pro never ran so well as it did when I was on one of his. If you don't have VZW phone that's even better because his are designed for phones with half as much RAM... I too would never go back to 6.1

ChaosTheory 07-09-2009 03:18 PM

I use Demolition. It is 6.5, but after finding a good 6.5 I don't plan on going back to 6.1. I had to flash back to stock a little while back (trying to fix a problem I thought I had) and used it for a little while. HATED TF3D after using Titanium, and the start menu in 6.5 blows away the menu from 6.1.

As an alternative, Energy ROM is also very neat and tidy, though it is 6.5 also.

Sorry I have no suggestions for 6.1, like I said wouldn't go back to it, but thought I would give my opinion. As far as the problems you have had with 6.5 it must have been the ROM, as I have never had those problems.

RidleyJ329 07-09-2009 04:17 PM

the hard reset prob i never had with any MR before seems kinda random. the "X" button ive always had that prob. thanks for the input guys. ill try these out and let you know what i think.

cv7713 07-09-2009 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ridleyj329 (Post 1024938)
its the functionality and stability of 6.1. al;so i guess its just sticking with what i know rather than trying some new and unreleased. im currently using MR6. this morning it froze on me and when i soft reset it ended up hard resetting on and i never had that problem with 6.1. also the "X" in the corner is had to hit. idk if it 6.5 or MR but when ever i try to hit that the status screen shows up and on 6.1 i never had that problem

Try MR5. It was a much better experience for me personally than MR6. It has yet to freeze, reboot, or anything. I tried MR6 and it just seemed to run "glitchy" on my phone. IMHO. Maybe the ROM is too new and just needs the kinks worked out, but MR5 FTW!!
:occasion5:

shellguy 07-09-2009 04:41 PM

I love Confilppers 6.1 rom..

Will

yotoad 07-09-2009 04:49 PM

try silence's ROMs -- they are excellent